• 1 Post By Itguy
  • 1 Post By drtav13
  • 1 Post By snowfree52

Thread: AAC and Stronic - Auto Start?

Is loving his new 8V S3!

Status

Question AAC and Stronic - Auto Start?

Hi guys,

Been playing with the ACC today, it's great! However when the car has come to a stop (in a traffic jam) I thought it was meant to start going forward on its own once the car in front has sent off? At the moment I'm having to tap the throttle to get it moving. The engine does restart (after start/stop) as soon as the car in front moves but won't set off until I prod the pedal.

Is that right?

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    Have you tried reading the manual? I thought it was described in there
    Sport 2.0 TDI 150 Sportback in Scuba Blue, alcantara/leather, advanced key, audi sound system, comfort pack w/ ACC and park assist, deselect sports suspension, auto-dimming & folding door mirrors, electric lumbar support, heated seats, hold assist, non-smoking pack, side & lane assist, reversing camera, storage & luggage pack, tech pack with audi connect, tyre pressure warning, towbar, variable headlight range control, xenon light pack

Is loving his new 8V S3!

Status
    Not yet, my job for tomorrow! Been too busy driving it!

6th Gear

Status
    I think there is a time where it'll move away automatically, but if it has stopped for longer than that then it'll need prompting to move again
    Silky-S3 likes this.
    Sport 2.0 TDI 150 Sportback in Scuba Blue, alcantara/leather, advanced key, audi sound system, comfort pack w/ ACC and park assist, deselect sports suspension, auto-dimming & folding door mirrors, electric lumbar support, heated seats, hold assist, non-smoking pack, side & lane assist, reversing camera, storage & luggage pack, tech pack with audi connect, tyre pressure warning, towbar, variable headlight range control, xenon light pack

Is loving his new 8V S3!

Status
    Cool. VCDS going on it tomorrow as well, see what extra toys I can add. Hopefully rear DRLs and TPMS

6th Gear

Status
    Yeh, I need to get around to doing that...

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Silky-S3 View Post
    Cool. VCDS going on it tomorrow as well, see what extra toys I can add. Hopefully rear DRLs and TPMS
    What's vcds?

5th Gear

Status
    I thought it has a period of 3 seconds after it stops to go again without touching anything but then after that you have to press something on the stalk or tap the accelerator. I think there is a YouTube thing somewhere... Adaptive Cruise Control and Predictive Emergency Braking System - YouTube
    Build Week 1: Panther Black S3 SB S-Tronic, black nappa, anthracite alloys, comfort pack with adaptive cruise and parking plus, active lane assist, adaptive xenons with variable range control and auto high beam, technology package HIGH with connect, B&O, tyre pressure warning, fold/dim/dip/heat mirrors, reversible boot liner, extended mono pur interior, privacy glass, hill hold assist, LED interior light pack, electric lumber support.

Neutral

Status
    if the car in front of you starts moving within 3 seconds , the acc will resume and move your car automatically.
    After 3 seconds you have to tap the gas pedal to start moving again.
    Les us know. If there is a vids setting for that , this feature is a saver for heavy traffic jams.

1st Gear

Status
    You guys are so lazy, you'll be looking for Auto Steering next!
    8V S3; Sportback, S-Tronic, Monsoon Grey, Aluminium Roof Rails, Privacy Glass, Supersport Seats, Comfort Pack, Technology Pack High, Bang & Olufsen, Folding, Dimming Mirrors, Interior Light Pack, Extended Mono.Pur, Parking System Plus, Reversing Camera, Rear Side Airbags, Reversible Boot Mat, Tyre Pressure Monitor, Hold Assist

5th Gear

Status
    Isn't that lane assist?
    VeeDubDan likes this.
    Build Week 1: Panther Black S3 SB S-Tronic, black nappa, anthracite alloys, comfort pack with adaptive cruise and parking plus, active lane assist, adaptive xenons with variable range control and auto high beam, technology package HIGH with connect, B&O, tyre pressure warning, fold/dim/dip/heat mirrors, reversible boot liner, extended mono pur interior, privacy glass, hill hold assist, LED interior light pack, electric lumber support.

6th Gear

Status
    Lane assist only works over 40mph though... piloted driving will come along in a few years, that'll be fun

Neutral

Status
    Lane assist also deactivates if you let go of the wheel for more than 15 seconds ...which sucks !
    Personally I get lazy while being stuck on moderate /heavy traffic so I find the acc and lane assist very useful
    cemerson likes this.

Full LED baby !

Status
    would be good if we could keep lane assist activated for a longer period
    cemerson likes this.
    A3 3-door TDI 184 Quattro Stronic Brilliant Red : Sline kit - Auxiliary heating - LED headlights - 18" 10-spoke rims - audi connect - magnetic ride - driver assistance package - side assist - rear camera + park assist - alcantara/leather seats - auto dimming mirror - panoramic glass sunroof - towing equipment - electric lumbar support - heated front seats - hold assist - high beam assist - advanced key - B&O sound system etc
    Tuning box DTUK, 235hp/480Nm
    1/4 Mile 13.84 @ 95.2 MPH
    Porsche BBK...

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by snowfree52 View Post
    would be good if we could keep lane assist activated for a longer period
    would be great if this could be altered with VCDS

Full LED baby !

Status
    yep, that's what I meant. will have a look when I receive mine. hopefully this week
    A3 3-door TDI 184 Quattro Stronic Brilliant Red : Sline kit - Auxiliary heating - LED headlights - 18" 10-spoke rims - audi connect - magnetic ride - driver assistance package - side assist - rear camera + park assist - alcantara/leather seats - auto dimming mirror - panoramic glass sunroof - towing equipment - electric lumbar support - heated front seats - hold assist - high beam assist - advanced key - B&O sound system etc
    Tuning box DTUK, 235hp/480Nm
    1/4 Mile 13.84 @ 95.2 MPH
    Porsche BBK...

5th Gear

Status
    It would also be great if you could look and see if the ACC stop and go function can remain on longer than 3 secs when coming to a full stop

6th Gear

Status
    Would be great if you could, but I suspect that it's not possible. I'm still trying to chase my dealers about it.

1st Gear

Status
    I thought I read somewhere that the length of time before it (ACC) switches itself off varies based on your country, so it may well be something that can be changed in VCDS, although I guess there may be legal implications in doing so... I guess it depends why exactly they've set it at 3secs

Neutral

Status
    I find that most of the time 3 seconds is just about the worst possible timing - it usually goes to stop-start just as the traffic ahead is about to move off. On the other hand, I guess the logic of not making it too long is that you might lose concentration if you're sitting in a queue for some time. If you weren't paying attention when the car ahead moved off it could cause problems. For example if a pedestrian saw you looking out of the side windows, or down at the MMI dial or something they might think there was no chance you'd be moving off and might step into the road ahead of you, not knowing that the ACC would start on it's own.
    Audi A3 Sportback Sport 1.8 TFSI S-Tronic, MY14, Scuba Blue, 15-spoke 17" alloys, Comfort Pack with ACC, Interior Lighting Pack, Audi Sound System.

Is loving his new 8V S3!

Status
    I can confirm that its 3 seconds. Although if you pull the cruse control leaver towards you, it restarts the count down.
    S3 8V Sportback Stronic, Estoril Blue Crystal Effect, Black Interior, Adaptive Cruise with Stop & Go & Pre Sense, Super Sports Seats with Electric Lumber, LED Headlights, Interior Lighting Pack, Hill Hold Assist, Privacy Glass, Comfort Package, Technology Package with Audi Connect, Advance Key, Folding Door Mirrors, Extended Mono.Pur Interior, Front and Rear Parking Sensors, Audi Sound System.

Build Thread Here!