Next time I'll write it all down...

Vertigo1

Reaction score
Well, in the ongoing saga of my TMC and clock going nuts, today the car went in to have the main MMI control unit replaced.

This has been done and only time will tell if it cures the issues but, rather annoyingly, every single setting has been wiped. It's like when the car was brand new, all the phone settings, volume settings, sound configuration, navigation settings, the lot, all wiped. Taken me ****** ages to set it all up just so again, should have written all the settings down so I knew how I had it configured.

Incidentally, I spotted the part they replaced on their order system and the price next to it was £2.3k!! Wouldn't want that failing out of warranty!

And in an amazing piece of timing, one of my xenons blew on the way to the dealer this morning. Luckily they had a spare bulb in stock so fixed that at the same time :)

8k-something or other. Don't do many miles - it's a year old in two weeks' time.

Mines got 4,000 on so hope I don't get any of this soon.............yeh I've had mine nearly 6 months and 2500 miles was done travelling Europe in it. About 8k a year in it would be right for me mate.

For a xenon to go is quite rare I would think / hope.

Yeah they don't blow often but they fixed it without any quibbles, as I'd expect. Not sure what the deal is with them and the warranty, whether they're covered for the duration of the warranty or whether it's down to their discretion. Let's just say that, if they'd tried to charge me a penny to have it fixed when the car is less than a year old, there'd have been a very loud argument in the middle of the showroom :)

Reactions: s33nyboy12
Vertigo,I have just posted on this issue. My TMC sometimes works other times does not . It seems to be behind on traffic info telling me there are queues when there are not. It is as though it is not picking up the transmissions for some reason. In the dealership now having it looked at .Clock seems fine though