AH FabricationsJMB Retrofits
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: iPhone 5 adapter with mmi

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by snakehips View Post
    Yes. Other than having to remove the case it all works perfectly. What about artwork on your green cable?
    Only had the lead a few days and started to play this morning and can't currently see any artwork.

Is there anything I have to do as can try during lunch.
    Arrived - 8V A3 1.4tfsi COD S-Line Sportback S-Tronic, Daytona Grey, Audi Sound System, Interior Light Pack, Light & Rain Sensor, Alu Roof Rails, Privacy Glass, Non Smokers Pack, Deletion of model & technology.

2. # ADS
    ADS

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by jbs2472 View Post
    Only had the lead a few days and started to play this morning and can't currently see any artwork.

Is there anything I have to do as can try during lunch.
    I did see somewhere on this forum (maybe even this thread) that artwork did not show with the green cable. But I am totally confused as to how many models of green cable are out there and whether one works better than the other. I've decided to be a late adopter and let everything become clearer before I get one.
    A3 SB S-Line TDi 184PS Quattro S-tronic. Shiraz Red, Tech Pack, Comfort Pack, B&O, Sunroof, LED lights, lots of other stuff.

2nd Gear

Status
    I did see somewhere on this forum (maybe even this thread) that artwork did not show with the green cable. But I am totally confused as to how many models of green cable are out there and whether one works better than the other. I've decided to be a late adopter and let everything become clearer before I get one.
    Dealer gave me both the red and the green leads but didn't really want to pay for and adaptor for the red one as the green one fits well, so it's decision on whether to stick with the green and maybe not have the artwork or buy the adaptor and have the artwork but have trouble fitting it in the armrest.

Will do some investigating and find out if I can receive artwork with green and report back.
    Arrived - 8V A3 1.4tfsi COD S-Line Sportback S-Tronic, Daytona Grey, Audi Sound System, Interior Light Pack, Light & Rain Sensor, Alu Roof Rails, Privacy Glass, Non Smokers Pack, Deletion of model & technology.

3rd Gear

Status
    Dealer gave me both the red and the green leads but didn't really want to pay for and adaptor for the red one as the green one fits well, so it's decision on whether to stick with the green and maybe not have the artwork or buy the adaptor and have the artwork but have trouble fitting it in the armrest.

Will do some investigating and find out if I can receive artwork with green and report back.
    I had an adaptor only because I have many iPod docks in the house already. Not sure I'd spend the £30 for one just for artwork when the green should provide this.
    But, in this thread there are 2 part numbers quoted for the green cable: AC and AF. Which one do you have? That might clarify for all of us which one does NOT show artwork. Might be worth trying to borrow the other from your dealer just to test if that works any better.
    I need to be careful about criticising Audi for all this cable confusion otherwise cemerson will pile into me!
    A3 SB S-Line TDi 184PS Quattro S-tronic. Shiraz Red, Tech Pack, Comfort Pack, B&O, Sunroof, LED lights, lots of other stuff.

2nd Gear

Status
    I had an adaptor only because I have many iPod docks in the house already. Not sure I'd spend the £30 for one just for artwork when the green should provide this.
    But, in this thread there are 2 part numbers quoted for the green cable: AC and AF. Which one do you have? That might clarify for all of us which one does NOT show artwork. Might be worth trying to borrow the other from your dealer just to test if that works any better.
    I need to be careful about criticising Audi for all this cable confusion otherwise cemerson will pile into me!
    This will confuse everybody as I am sure the lead I have is AD as I noticed the code on the packaging when he gave it me and I was expecting AC or AF.

2nd Gear

Status
    Can't get album artwork on my green lightning lead (4FO 051 510 AD).

I have the red lead but not worth paying £30 for an adaptor just to get artwork.

5th Gear

Status
    I have green collar AD and it displays album artwork from iPhone 5

S3 8V 3DR DSG ACC ABS ADS AMI ASR ASS DAB DBW DIS DRL EBA EBD EDL EGR EPB EPS ESP GPS LED MFSW MMI PDC PSF RAC SDXC TFSI CO2 EEC OTR WTF OMG

Neutral

Status
    Picked my car up yesterday - dealer supplied the iPhone 4 and iPhone 5 cables.
    The iPhone 4 works fine (my phone) but the iPhone 5 cable just connects then disconnects every 5 seconds.

I am really confused as it has a white collar not green or red as mentioned in this thread.

Part number is 4F0 051 A510 AC

Anyone know if this is the right cable... ?

It would be the wife's phone that does not work !!

This is on the standard MMI on an A3 SB Sport - no tech pack.

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by veeeight View Post
    How are you getting the artwork to display? I only have std MMI.

5th Gear

Status
    I have the Tech Pack, maybe that is the difference?

S3 8V 3DR DSG ACC ABS ADS AMI ASR ASS DAB DBW DIS DRL EBA EBD EDL EGR EPB EPS ESP GPS LED MFSW MMI PDC PSF RAC SDXC TFSI CO2 EEC OTR WTF OMG

2nd Gear

Status
    How are you getting the artwork to display? I only have std MMI.
    I have green collar cable with suffix AD. Track names & remote control are fine but no artwork, even on the same track that does show artwork using a red cable + genuine 30-pin to Lightning adapter.

iPhone 5S iOS 7.1
    Audi Sound System but MMI non-tech pack.

Does seem like a tech-pack vs non-Tech pack difference.

John.
    Enjoying my 8V

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyM100 View Post
    I have green collar cable with suffix AD. Track names & remote control are fine but no artwork, even on the same track that does show artwork using a red cable + genuine 30-pin to Lightning adapter.

iPhone 5S iOS 7.1
    Audi Sound System but MMI non-tech pack.

Does seem like a tech-pack vs non-Tech pack difference.

John.
    I am going to stick with the green lead and forego the artwork rather than payout for the adaptor and see what happens when Apple bring out the iphone 6.

Reverse Gear

Status
    I have b&o with std mmi, green colour mmi - lightning cable.

Tracks do play with album art.

Using an iphone 5S w/ iTunes Match.

---
    On a slightly alternate note, does anyone have any recommendations for a case that fits with the ami cable? My belkin case or my apple iphone 5S case doesn't fit... (Grrrrr!)

3rd Gear

Status
    Dealer just sent me my new cable for free, so just to add my confirmation: green collar with code 4FO 051 510 AD (the packet ends with AF just to be confusing!), iPhone5, tech pack, working perfectly with artwork displayed too.

(edited to show correct code)
    Last edited by snakehips; 28th April 2014 at 14:53.

5th Gear

Status
    green collar with code ending AF,
    Can you confirm the label on the cable itself has the suffix AF (or AD) - but the packet has the suffix AF?

In other words, on the label on the cable (not the packet) - what is the full part number?

Sorry to be so specific, but there is an awful lot of confusion about this !

3rd Gear

Status
    Can you confirm the label on the cable itself has the suffix AF (or AD) - but the packet has the suffix AF?

In other words, on the label on the cable (not the packet) - what is the full part number?

Sorry to be so specific, but there is an awful lot of confusion about this !
    Good point, hadn't occurred to me that the code would be different! I've edited my message accordingly. So I have the same as you.

5th Gear

Status
    Thanks for checking, I get very confused !

edit:
    The suffix AF on the packet, will be because there is also an AMI to USB cable bundled with this?
    Last edited by veeeight; 28th April 2014 at 15:17.

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Pushed View Post
    Picked my car up yesterday - dealer supplied the iPhone 4 and iPhone 5 cables.
    The iPhone 4 works fine (my phone) but the iPhone 5 cable just connects then disconnects every 5 seconds.

I am really confused as it has a white collar not green or red as mentioned in this thread.

Part number is 4F0 051 A510 AC

Anyone know if this is the right cable... ?

It would be the wife's phone that does not work !!

This is on the standard MMI on an A3 SB Sport - no tech pack.
    It's *a* cable but it's not the one that supports video. My understanding is as follows:

4F0 051 510 AC - No video
    4F0 051 510 AD - Video
    4F0 051 510 AF - Video (as AD above) and additional USB connection cable

I got AF with my car, so the AD cable with the green collar.
    Arrived: MY14 S3 Sportback (Ordered 4th Jan, build week 12 (was 13), collected 23rd April), Manual, Monsoon Grey, Black Alcantara, LED Headlights, Interior Light Pack, Comfort Pack, Audi Sound System, ACC, Parking System Plus, Tech Pack, Electronic Folding & Heated Mirrors, Through Load

3rd Gear

Status
    Thanks for checking, I get very confused !

edit:
    The suffix AF on the packet, will be because there is also an AMI to USB cable bundled with this?
    Yes, got the USB cable (code AB) in the packet. So looks like Mr Binary Code's summary above is correct.
    0B1001001 likes this.

1st Gear

Status
    I got the green collared cable, and low and behold the artwork shows, even in Spotify which is a nice treat!

One problem though, when using Spotify, if i try to change tracks using the volume knob, it seems to switch from Spotify to music collection on the phone!? Weird as changing tracks works perfectly via bluetooth

anyone have any ideas?

Reverse Gear

Status
    Any solution yet ? I'm also suffering the connect / disconnect symptom, so won't even charge using the white collar AC lead. Tried a couple of replacement leads so suspecting a duff batch or ... but hopefully not a dodgy ami socket

Reverse Gear

Status
    I had exactly the same issue with my 5s and a white lead. The dealer checked my build no. then swapped to a green lead and all works fine now !

Reverse Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Add ConnorLee on Facebook Visit ConnorLee's Instagram Channel
    Just picked up my new Audi the other day and received the new lightning to AMI connector. It's quite bulky where the lightning connector is and as I have an Otterbox case on my IPhone, it won't fit.
    Regarding album artwork, the parts guy kindly came out to show me how the album artwork shows up but after selecting the option within the AMI, he was baffled as to why it wasn't showing up.

1st Gear

Status
    So now I am almost totally confused by the above! Is my understanding below correct and can anyone fill in the gaps?

• 4F0 051 510AB = USB cable
    • 4F0 051 A510 AC = white collar for ? (no video)
    • 4F0 051 510 AD = green collar for iPhone 5
    • 4F0 051 510 AC = green collar for iPhone 5 (but what's the difference to above?)
    • 4FO 051 510 K = any ideas?
    • 4FO 051 510 AF = as AD above plus USB cable
    • 4F0 051 510 R = red collar for iPhone 4?

So that I can tell my dealer what I need for a iPhone 4 and iPhone 5 for use with Tech pack please advise.
    On order [ARRIVED SHEERNESS 23 JULY]: Sportback 1.4TFSI COD S-Line, 7-speed S-tronic, Glacier white, Black Nappa leather, Technology with Audi Connect, LED headlights, Storage, No-smoking, Black styling, Driver Assistance including Adaptive Cruise Control, Active Lane Assist, High Beam Assist, Audi Parking System Plus with Park Assist, Audi Sound system, 5 year warranty, Folding & heated door mirrors, Electric lumbar support, Extended mono.pur, Heated seats, Hold assist, Privacy glass.

2nd Gear

Status

iPhone 5 adapter with mmi

2 options for your situation:

Simple solution
    Get 4F0 051 510 R - red collar cable plus GENUINE Apple 30-pin to lightning adapter with a flying lead (ie not the one that is a solid block of plastic).
    This gives you all functionality for both phones in one cable, including artwork.

Complex solution:
    4F0 051 510 AC - white collar cable. Avoid this as it's been superseded & no video
    4F0 051 510 AD - green collar cable. Get this for iPhone 5/5S. Unless you have a dog of an iPhone case then the Lightning adapter etc still fits the phone in the centre compartment.
    4F0 051 510 R - red collar cable with 30-pin connector for iPhone 4

The other cable designations cover micro USB or combo pack eg red collar cable plus micro USB cable.

John.
    Last edited by JohnnyM100; 4th June 2014 at 18:30. Reason: changed capitalisation for clarity
    veeeight and glospete like this.
    Enjoying my 8V

1st Gear

Status
    2 options for your situation:

Simple solution
    Get 4F0 051 510 R - red collar cable plus GENUINE Apple 30-pin to lightning adapter with a flying lead (ie not the one that is a solid block of plastic).
    This gives you all functionality for both phones in one cable, including artwork.

Complex solution:
    4F0 051 510 AC - white collar cable. Avoid this as it's been superseded & no video
    4F0 051 510 AD - green collar cable. Get this for iPhone 5/5S. Unless you have a dog of an iPhone case then the Lightning adapter etc still fits the phone in the centre compartment.
    4F0 051 510 R - red collar cable with 30-pin connector for iPhone 4

The other cable designations cover micro USB or combo pack eg red collar cable plus micro USB cable.

John.
    Ah, that makes it clear - many thanks. The dealer has given me the Red cable already (now all I need is the car to go with it!) and has promised an iPhone 5 as well as a USB cable. Now I can tell him what the codes are.
    On order [ARRIVED SHEERNESS 23 JULY]: Sportback 1.4TFSI COD S-Line, 7-speed S-tronic, Glacier white, Black Nappa leather, Technology with Audi Connect, LED headlights, Storage, No-smoking, Black styling, Driver Assistance including Adaptive Cruise Control, Active Lane Assist, High Beam Assist, Audi Parking System Plus with Park Assist, Audi Sound system, 5 year warranty, Folding & heated door mirrors, Electric lumbar support, Extended mono.pur, Heated seats, Hold assist, Privacy glass.

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by glospete View Post
    Ah, that makes it clear - many thanks. The dealer has given me the Red cable already (now all I need is the car to go with it!) and has promised an iPhone 5 as well as a USB cable. Now I can tell him what the codes are.
    No probs. Was trying to keep it simple.

As you have the red collar cable you are close to being sorted. If he had given you a blue collar 30-pin cable then that would have been an issue as no artwork on that either. That one is designed for older iPods, not iPhones.

Am only posting this part about the blue collar cable in case someone comes across this thread in future.

John.
    Enjoying my 8V

SJC
    Neutral

Status
    i have the red collar for i-pod / 4/4s and it displays the artwork and video.
    the green one for i-phone 5 ending AD is as much use as a chocolate fireguard though. poor conection as other people have mentioned and also shows no video or artwork.

2nd Gear

Status
    Green collar lightning cable shows artwork on tech pack but not on non-tech pack. Assume you have non-tech pack?

Red collar cable plus genuine apple lighting to 30pin will show artwork on both tech pack and non-tech pack.

John.
    Enjoying my 8V

SJC
    Neutral

Status
    Green collar lightning cable shows artwork on tech pack but not on non-tech pack. Assume you have non-tech pack?

Red collar cable plus genuine apple lighting to 30pin will show artwork on both tech pack and non-tech pack.

John.
    yup. from reading the post i need to buy the connector. dont have tech pack as its an option i was happy not to tick the box on that option when changing cars frequently.

SJC
    Neutral

Status
    Purchased adaptor for red cable to convert to flash. I confirm it now displays artwork. But did not support video. Where as when testing the red cable alone displayed the artwork and video still. 25 notes for the adaptor from Apple. Worth it to get artwork displayed?? Well that all depends what the op wants to spend there money on.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123