Delayed Order A3 S-Line :(

D3an0

Reaction score
Hi guys a regular reader and my first post - I'm posting with a bit of a sad face mind as my order has been delayed quite a while

I have gone for the below spec

A3 3 door S Line 2.0TDI
Daytona Grey
Fine Nappa Leather
Extended mono.pur
Privacy Glass
Comfort Pack
Multimedia Pack
B&O Sound System
Advanced Key

i placed the order on 10th April and my estimated delivery was 5th Aug which I was abit gutted about but knew was worth the wait. My order has now been pushed back to estimated delivery date of 25th October?? So 28 weeks (7 months from order date) :(

anyone else having the same problem and know why!? Slough Audi have not given much away other than they are inundated with orders of the new model???

cheers

Deano

It's not unusual for build dates to fluctuate wildly for the first 4 to 8 weeks after ordering. Sometimes there is high demand for certain options, and it results in build dates being pushed back for all cars in the queue with those options selected. When the demand / backlog is cleared the build week tends to be bought forward again. Slough are pretty good, and I know they are have been overloaded with orders for the A3 (I got mine from them and they were excellent), I think if you wait a few weeks you'll find our build date changes more favourbly :) Fingers crossed

I ordered my SB in early November, just got it three weeks ago. When I asked about the 1.8 TFSI, they said earliest delivery was August!

Hi MJ

Cheers for your message. Agree that the service at Slough has been good, was just a little bit gutted to get a new delivery date so far away from the original, I was a bit shocked. Would be interesting to know what options if any are causing the delay or whether its just demand on the model itself. I read online it's the xenon headlights, how true this is I'm not sure?

I'm just being super impatient as like most people waiting on a new order it seems like forever away. Will be worth the wait I'm sure ;) and fingers crossed it moves forward

Thanks again
D

If I had to take a guess as to what might be causing a delay I would say either general demand for the model, or the B&O speakers.

I say this because I've been waiting 3 weeks for a small piece of trim to be replaced on my B&O speaker, and its been on back order from Germany for all of this time!

Sadly the dealers never get the information to say what's causing the delay, so they're usually as informed as you are.

Hi,

I ordered my A3 3 door S Line 2.0TDI in Daytona Grey in early Feb with an expected delivery of April.
The last 3 weeks have been driving me mad so I called my supplier today and was told that the car now has a build week of 41 and expected delivery of the end of October.

No idea what the delay is but massively annoyed and thinking of cancelling my order!

I feel your pain mullan fingers crossed audi pull all the stops out to improve the delivery dates hey

Your original delivery was pretty short, but I feel your pain about the new delivery time. I ordered my SB in early November and had to wait until the end of April, almost 6 months. It was worth it though.