AH FabricationsSky Insurance
    Reverse Gear

Status

Delayed Order A3 S-Line :(

Hi guys a regular reader and my first post - I'm posting with a bit of a sad face mind as my order has been delayed quite a while

I have gone for the below spec

A3 3 door S Line 2.0TDI
    Daytona Grey
    Fine Nappa Leather
    Extended mono.pur
    Privacy Glass
    Comfort Pack
    Multimedia Pack
    B&O Sound System
    Advanced Key

i placed the order on 10th April and my estimated delivery was 5th Aug which I was abit gutted about but knew was worth the wait. My order has now been pushed back to estimated delivery date of 25th October?? So 28 weeks (7 months from order date)

anyone else having the same problem and know why!? Slough Audi have not given much away other than they are inundated with orders of the new model???

cheers

Deano

2. # ADS
    ADS

5th Gear

Status
    It's not unusual for build dates to fluctuate wildly for the first 4 to 8 weeks after ordering. Sometimes there is high demand for certain options, and it results in build dates being pushed back for all cars in the queue with those options selected. When the demand / backlog is cleared the build week tends to be bought forward again. Slough are pretty good, and I know they are have been overloaded with orders for the A3 (I got mine from them and they were excellent), I think if you wait a few weeks you'll find our build date changes more favourbly Fingers crossed
    2013 8V Glacier White A3 Sportback 1.4 TFSI S-line Mnaual
    SE Suspension, Tech Pack, B&O, Comfort Pack, Electric folding mirrors, Park Assist, TPMS, Interior Light Pack

Neutral

Status
    I ordered my SB in early November, just got it three weeks ago. When I asked about the 1.8 TFSI, they said earliest delivery was August!
    2013 A3 Sportback 1.4 TFSI S-tronic, Brilliant Black, Business Sport package, S-line suspension, 18" black "rotor" wheels and Conti 225/40R18 tires, S-line roof spoiler, MMI SD navigation, Audi Sound System, connectivity package, xenon plus headlamps and LED running lights, fog lamps, heated sport seats, aluminum interior trim package, polished window trim, twin chrome exhaust, heated mirrors, removable towing hook, engine block heater

Reverse Gear

Status
    Hi MJ

Cheers for your message. Agree that the service at Slough has been good, was just a little bit gutted to get a new delivery date so far away from the original, I was a bit shocked. Would be interesting to know what options if any are causing the delay or whether its just demand on the model itself. I read online it's the xenon headlights, how true this is I'm not sure?

I'm just being super impatient as like most people waiting on a new order it seems like forever away. Will be worth the wait I'm sure and fingers crossed it moves forward

Thanks again
    D

5th Gear

Status
    If I had to take a guess as to what might be causing a delay I would say either general demand for the model, or the B&O speakers.

I say this because I've been waiting 3 weeks for a small piece of trim to be replaced on my B&O speaker, and its been on back order from Germany for all of this time!

Sadly the dealers never get the information to say what's causing the delay, so they're usually as informed as you are.
    2013 8V Glacier White A3 Sportback 1.4 TFSI S-line Mnaual
    SE Suspension, Tech Pack, B&O, Comfort Pack, Electric folding mirrors, Park Assist, TPMS, Interior Light Pack

Reverse Gear

Status
    Hi,

I ordered my A3 3 door S Line 2.0TDI in Daytona Grey in early Feb with an expected delivery of April.
    The last 3 weeks have been driving me mad so I called my supplier today and was told that the car now has a build week of 41 and expected delivery of the end of October.

No idea what the delay is but massively annoyed and thinking of cancelling my order!

Reverse Gear

Status
    I feel your pain mullan fingers crossed audi pull all the stops out to improve the delivery dates hey

Neutral

Status
    Your original delivery was pretty short, but I feel your pain about the new delivery time. I ordered my SB in early November and had to wait until the end of April, almost 6 months. It was worth it though.
    2013 A3 Sportback 1.4 TFSI S-tronic, Brilliant Black, Business Sport package, S-line suspension, 18" black "rotor" wheels and Conti 225/40R18 tires, S-line roof spoiler, MMI SD navigation, Audi Sound System, connectivity package, xenon plus headlamps and LED running lights, fog lamps, heated sport seats, aluminum interior trim package, polished window trim, twin chrome exhaust, heated mirrors, removable towing hook, engine block heater