Volks AutosEM Tuning
Page 93 of 153 FirstFirst ... 43838687888990919293949596979899100103143 ... LastLast
Results 3,681 to 3,720 of 6112
Like Tree3313Likes

Thread: 2013 Audi S3

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Aran383 View Post
    Yeah I ordered from Aberdeen Audi, my third car in 3 years with them, dealt with Sean, top bloke and gave me a reasonable discount, although what won me over was the part ex value I got for my A3, couldn't compare the value to other dealers I had tried around the country. Take it you also used Aberdeen Audi then? what discount did you get?
    Pics needed mate, your spec is pretty much the same as mine except the gearbox.

2. # ADS
    ADS

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by royalsteve68 View Post
    unless I imagined it, the demo I tried in Epsom had an alloy footplate
    Hi mate,

Epsom is my local too and I went and had a drive last week in it (its the grey S3 right?). The footplate was plastic, I checked after all that was said on this forum. Just thought you may Like to know .

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Fragup View Post
    Impressive, that is some VERY careful googling, if you'd have got that wrong you would have wanted to wash your eyes with bleach !!!
    Which is not advisable ! , thought I better put that in there for those who can't see so well (Some people who Choose beluga brown?)
    lol, luckily I knew with 2 milliseconds it wasn't the correct site
    Audi S3, Misano red, Stronic, ACC, Tech pack with Audi Connect, Comfort pack with park assist plus, though-load, aluminium roof bars, B&O, Led lights, Folding mirrors, Interior led lights, Hold assist, High beam assist, Pano roof, Privacy glass, Electric lumbar support

4th Gear

Status
    Ordered 16/8/13, Build Week 44, Delivery Nov/Dec 13. Panther Black / Silver Alcantara, 3dr S-Tronic. Black Styling Package, Black 3D Design Inlays, 18" x 7.5J ‘5-twin-spoke “Star”’ design anthracite, partly polished alloy wheels with 225/40 R18 tyres,
    Technology Pack, Comfort Pack (cruise control & rear parking sensors), B&O Sound System , Interior Light Pack, Full LED Headlights Lights, Non-Smokers Pack, Privacy Glass, Extended Mono.Pur Finish

4th Gear

Status
    The car's sh1t...
    Ordered 16/8/13, Build Week 44, Delivery Nov/Dec 13. Panther Black / Silver Alcantara, 3dr S-Tronic. Black Styling Package, Black 3D Design Inlays, 18" x 7.5J ‘5-twin-spoke “Star”’ design anthracite, partly polished alloy wheels with 225/40 R18 tyres,
    Technology Pack, Comfort Pack (cruise control & rear parking sensors), B&O Sound System , Interior Light Pack, Full LED Headlights Lights, Non-Smokers Pack, Privacy Glass, Extended Mono.Pur Finish

4th Gear

Status
    ... sh1t hot
    Ecosphere and T3ryp like this.

Neutral

Status
    One of best looking s3's I've seen, pleased it's living up to your expectations - tell us the what you think of everything now it's reality for you.

3rd Gear

Status
    Still think panthers cooler with chrome.".".. Looking lovely and purple however !
    PilotAudi and Lmg like this.

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Lawzie View Post
    Hi mate,

Epsom is my local too and I went and had a drive last week in it (its the grey S3 right?). The footplate was plastic, I checked after all that was said on this forum. Just thought you may Like to know .
    drove that car today, not sure about the interior but it was a nice car, shifts too!

question, can the roof rails be fitted after at all?

1st Gear

Status
    im confused regarding the headlights - so the standard lights on the s3 are xenon, with DRL? the next stage up is moving lights? then after that full LED headlight like you get on a S8 for example?

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by paullowther View Post
    ... sh1t hot
    whats your thoughts on the LED headlights Paul ?

1st Gear

Status
    anyone got pics of the black styling kit on the white car? just seen a vid on youtube and i think i need it!

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by d8ean View Post
    anyone got pics of the black styling kit on the white car? just seen a vid on youtube and i think i need it!
    Hi, White car, black styling, hopefully my pictures will be attached. Had for four weeks now but no new pics taken yet. These are ones at dealer.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Kelza and Lmg like this.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by T3ryp View Post
    Hi, White car, black styling, hopefully my pictures will be attached. Had for four weeks now but no new pics taken yet. These are ones at dealer.
    and the other
    Kelza and Lmg like this.

3rd Gear

Status
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1386454460.993074.jpg
    Glacier white, black styling pack....
    Kelza and Lmg like this.

1st Gear

Status
    cheers guys; looks nice.
    ive not got the roof rails, but have the pano roof; so im thinking the sport pack suits the car better?

Reverse Gear

Status
    cheers guys; looks nice.
    ive not got the roof rails, but have the pano roof; so im thinking the sport pack suits the car better?
    Phil D8ean
    love the pan roof on white, shame its only a single sun roof, think you should wrap the back half of the roof in gloss black to give the same appearance of the 8P model pan roof. Even considered gloss blacking my whole roof a while back.

1st Gear

Status
    Phil D8ean
    love the pan roof on white, shame its only a single sun roof, think you should wrap the back half of the roof in gloss black to give the same appearance of the 8P model pan roof. Even considered gloss blacking my whole roof a while back.
    yea i like the roof, wrapping the back bit could work.

can the roof rails be retro fitted does anyone know?
    PilotAudi likes this.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Phil D8ean
    I thought it did cover the whole roof? Need to go find some pictures to take another look

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Lawzie View Post
    Hi mate,

yeh, I didn't check but did ask the sales guy and he said it was alloy - I didn't check though so cheers. maybe it looks like alloy.
    Audi S3, Misano red, Stronic, ACC, Tech pack with Audi Connect, Comfort pack with park assist plus, though-load, aluminium roof bars, B&O, Led lights, Folding mirrors, Interior led lights, Hold assist, High beam assist, Pano roof, Privacy glass, Electric lumbar support

3rd Gear

Status
    im confused regarding the headlights - so the standard lights on the s3 are xenon, with DRL? the next stage up is moving lights? then after that full LED headlight like you get on a S8 for example?
    yes though I think the a8 lights are the next gen matrix led lights, so I think its

xenon, with DRL as standard
    "follow me" xenon lights
    s3 full LED headlights - i think these adjust to conditions and location bit only if you have tech pack with audi connect selected

full matrix led headlights only available on the s8

3rd Gear

Status
    drove that car today, not sure about the interior but it was a nice car, shifts too!

should be but ill bet it will cost and I think the roof lining has to be removed so youd be in danger of damaging or creasing a fairly fragile item - if you are thinking about it and its not too late id order them - or you could get a cheap larger 2nd load lugger car

3rd Gear

Status

yeh agree the seats with the red inserts was

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by dstama View Post
    I thought it did cover the whole roof? Need to go find some pictures to take another look
    i think it was about 2/3rds when shut

Banned

Status
    The 2 parts of the Pan roof does cover about 2/3 of the roof. Front part slides and tilts rear is fixed. Looks Black on lighter cars and if you want a total black roof you may need to consider paint or wrap. Or as we have done on our order and last three 8Ps go all Black. I have to agree the 2/3 black look does appear a bit odd on White/Red cars in particular.

Banned

Status
    should be but ill bet it will cost and I think the roof lining has to be removed so youd be in danger of damaging or creasing a fairly fragile item - if you are thinking about it and its not too late id order them - or you could get a cheap larger 2nd load lugger car
    Back in 2008 when a car was available with no bars dealer offered to fit for the option cost. Don't think it can be that difficult even though the roof lining will have to be at least part removed to access.

1st Gear

Status
    Not sure if I'd ever use them, just wondering if they finish the car off so to speak.... Still un-decided about the black styling pack

3rd Gear

Status
    Not sure if I'd ever use them, just wondering if they finish the car off so to speak.... Still un-decided about the black styling pack
    I think the rails do, but its definitely a marmite thing

re: black sysling - see if you can find a demo car google some pics where the car has been done

or seek out a demo car that has had it done - might be a difficult hunt though
    Used Audi Vehicles – Official Audi Used Vehicles

1st Gear

Status
    and the other
    any chance you can take a snap of the front from a little further back to get a proper idea of how it looks

1st Gear

Status
    I think the rails do, but its definitely a marmite thing

re: black sysling - see if you can find a demo car google some pics where the car has been done

or seek out a demo car that has had it done - might be a difficult hunt though
    Used Audi Vehicles – Official Audi Used Vehicles
    yea ive not seen any cars other then here with it, i tried looking around earlier this week on used/dealer sites but with no luck.

5th Gear

Status
    Wow - loving this. Can't wait to get my hands on our Panther too. This looks incredible.
    Build Week 1: Panther Black S3 SB S-Tronic, black nappa, anthracite alloys, comfort pack with adaptive cruise and parking plus, active lane assist, adaptive xenons with variable range control and auto high beam, technology package HIGH with connect, B&O, tyre pressure warning, fold/dim/dip/heat mirrors, reversible boot liner, extended mono pur interior, privacy glass, hill hold assist, LED interior light pack, electric lumber support.

1st Gear

Status
    black is nice when clean. Had black in the past and its just hard work.
    i think i spotted the same colour in the showroom yesterday but on a SQ5 - at 52k it looked stunning!

Neutral

Status
    black is nice when clean. Had black in the past and its just hard work.
    i think i spotted the same colour in the showroom yesterday but on a SQ5 - at 52k it looked stunning!
    I agree, black isn't the easiest colour to keep clean. I have a black polo gti at the moment and when it's clean it looks great, but that isn't very often.

I will be getting brilliant black on the S3, as one I don't like paying extra for paint and two when it's shiny you can't beat the pop and reflection off a non metallic car.

My plan of attack to try and minimise swirl / haze / water marks is to once collected from the showroom head straight down to a local detailer and get a stage 1 machine polish then have Opti-Coat Pro applied (ceramic clear coat). This will cost £400 and will be hopefully a lot better then the autoglymn lifeshine products the dealers are pushing on to customers. I will then follow this up with a weekly snow foam and towel drying.

Here is the blurb regarding Opti-Coat if you haven't heard of it (no I don't work for Opti-Coat)

Opti-Coat (Opti-Guard) is a hard wearing, aftermarket, ceramic clear coat for superior resistance to scratching (9H) and chemical etching from environmental impacts. It provides permanent protection for all factory paints, and can also be applied to exterior glass, metal and hard plastic surfaces.

Opti-Coat is not a wax or sealant like other products on the market. It is a ceramic clear coating very similar to factory type clear coats. A layer of Opti-Coat measures approx. 2 microns in thickness, or about 100 times thicker than your typical wax or sealant. Unlike paint protection sealants such as PTFE, Nano Sealants, GlassPlexin that degrade over time and are easily removed through washing with water or chemicals, Opti-Coat does not degrade and cannot be removed by chemicals such as heavy duty truck wash or even caustic degreasers. It is totally resistant to these chemicals and produces a permanent film that is chemically bonded with the factory paint layers. Opti-Coat is effectively the vehicles new outer clear coat. It is far more resistant to chemical etching than factory clear coats and far more resistant than competing paint protection sealants. The 2 micron layer also provides a thick buffer between any damage and the factory paintwork.

3rd Gear

Status
    Guys after much thinking and negotiating, I have ordered my S3 Saloon!

I ordered:

Estoril Blue
    Stronic gearbox
    Tech Pack
    SS Seats
    Comfort pack
    Adaptive cruise
    Front and rear sensors
    Audi sound system (thanks to advice from guys on the forum!)
    LED lights
    Folding mirrors
    Privacy glass
    Tyre Sensor
    Boot mat

build week 12 which is early April I think delivery, can't wait. I got to take out an stron S3 SB before I signed as they'd only had the manual before and I was amazed, what a machine! Gearbox really suits the engine and car, nice and relaxed when you want it, but properly rapids responds when you floor it!

Also big thanks to advice on discounts. I used car wow and used a good quote from there to negotiate 5% from Cambridge audi. They said before I started that they had given no discount at all on all the S3's they had sold so far, but after some discussion and showing them what kings Lynn were offering they went off for 20 mins and came back with an offer! So pleased
    Last edited by Joetidman; 8th December 2013 at 12:10.
    Marky142 and Kempysue like this.

5th Gear

Status
    Awesome mate, yours should be one of the first customer cars to turn up. Estoril on the saloon should look great
    Joetidman likes this.
    Build Week 1: Panther Black S3 SB S-Tronic, black nappa, anthracite alloys, comfort pack with adaptive cruise and parking plus, active lane assist, adaptive xenons with variable range control and auto high beam, technology package HIGH with connect, B&O, tyre pressure warning, fold/dim/dip/heat mirrors, reversible boot liner, extended mono pur interior, privacy glass, hill hold assist, LED interior light pack, electric lumber support.

Banned

Status
    I don't get all this myth about Black being a difficult colour to keep clean! I assume folks mean keeping it LOOKING clean! In any event I don't find it a problem. I ensure that our cars are well protected and cleaned really thoroughly 4/5 times a year. Then every week or so use the two bucket wash method first shampoo then clean water, chamois and e cloth. Sometimes use Diamond shine which is great. Takes no time at all and our Phantom Black cars always look pretty good.
    Kempysue likes this.

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Itguy View Post
    Awesome mate, yours should be one of the first customer cars to turn up. Estoril on the saloon should look great
    Thanks mate, yeah Cambridge only sold 1 and my S3 was the last slot they had pushing build for later S3's to August!

Neutral

Status
    Thanks for these, these do help as it's hard to find pics with the exact spec but they look good IMO. The RS3 was Suzuka grey which was beautiful but think glacier is kind of similar now. That has poped up as a contender but having had white/light cars in the past now is swaying me towards Misano or going exclusive, Sepang blue, or Cornflower Blue. Hardest things is colour IMO. All subjective.

Reverse Gear

Status
    image.jpg
    any chance you can take a snap of the front from a little further back to get a proper idea of how it looks
    Hi D8ean

only iPad pics so not great.
    Marky142, Lmg and gilesf like this.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Need to see more shot of Panther Black! Especially outside, i reckon that colour would really pop in sunlight!l
    Last edited by Squirrel; 8th December 2013 at 17:51.