Monster MotorsportChris Nott
Page 56 of 156 FirstFirst ... 64649505152535455565758596061626366106 ... LastLast
Results 2,201 to 2,240 of 6213
Like Tree3381Likes

Thread: 2013 Audi S3

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnnyb View Post
    Nipped out for a bottle of wine earlier as the sun was setting, the LED's look really good at that time of night too, very bling looking in a good way...

I keep trying to think of reasons to go out in it, another bottle of wine maybe? Hmm...
    can you get us some pictures please ?

2. # ADS
    ADS

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by the_lecht_rocks View Post
    can you get us some pictures please ?
    pitch black here now, but will try get some at the same time tomorrow night!

5th Gear

Status
    I'm actually not too sure, i kinda thought they would all be included with the LED's, if you could tell me a way to find out for you i will.

I couldn't find any type of switch that adjusts the beam height etc...
    Interesting - do you have to select full beam / low beam like regular headlights or does it just do it itself?

Do you have lane assist on your car as I think this includes high beam assist too..

I need to be really cheeky and ask you to go out get someone to take a video when driving at night with them and post up on youtube!
    paullowther likes this.
    Build Week 1: Panther Black S3 SB S-Tronic, black nappa, anthracite alloys, comfort pack with adaptive cruise and parking plus, active lane assist, adaptive xenons with variable range control and auto high beam, technology package HIGH with connect, B&O, tyre pressure warning, fold/dim/dip/heat mirrors, reversible boot liner, extended mono pur interior, privacy glass, hill hold assist, LED interior light pack, electric lumber support.

3rd Gear

Status
    pitch black here now, but will try get some at the same time tomorrow night!
    ideal conditions for light pictures then !

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Itguy View Post
    Interesting - do you have to select full beam / low beam like regular headlights or does it just do it itself?

Do you have lane assist on your car as I think this includes high beam assist too..

I need to be really cheeky and ask you to go out get someone to take a video when driving at night with them and post up on youtube!
    That video would get a lot of views. There's a huge thread on a German forum about these headlights also
    Ordered 16/8/13, Build Week 44, Delivery Nov/Dec 13. Panther Black / Silver Alcantara, 3dr S-Tronic. Black Styling Package, Black 3D Design Inlays, 18" x 7.5J ‘5-twin-spoke “Star”’ design anthracite, partly polished alloy wheels with 225/40 R18 tyres,
    Technology Pack, Comfort Pack (cruise control & rear parking sensors), B&O Sound System , Interior Light Pack, Full LED Headlights Lights, Non-Smokers Pack, Privacy Glass, Extended Mono.Pur Finish

4th Gear

Status

It has the auto option which will select the right beam for the lighting condition, and you can also manually select them too.

I don't have lane assist.

I will try nip out later and take a snap of the lights on a country lane, but if i end up in a ditch because of it - i'm holding you all responsible....:-)

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by paullowther View Post
    That video would get a lot of views. There's a huge thread on a German forum about these headlights also
    linky ?

Neutral

Status
    Here we are...
    S3 Sportback 8V
    Registered Nov'13
    Panther Black crystal effect
    C0Z wheels
    Nappa seats
    Nav
    Cruise Control
    Comfort Pack
    Interior lighting pack
    Panoramic roof
    Parking sensors front and rear
    Privacy glass

Johnnyb, Louay, Splathead and 11 others like this.

4th Gear

Status
    linky ?
    I can't find it at the moment I don't have my laptop but if you google 'motor-talk.de s3 8v' it should take you to the right forum. Use google chrome and it translates the pages for you real time.
    Ordered 16/8/13, Build Week 44, Delivery Nov/Dec 13. Panther Black / Silver Alcantara, 3dr S-Tronic. Black Styling Package, Black 3D Design Inlays, 18" x 7.5J ‘5-twin-spoke “Star”’ design anthracite, partly polished alloy wheels with 225/40 R18 tyres,
    Technology Pack, Comfort Pack (cruise control & rear parking sensors), B&O Sound System , Interior Light Pack, Full LED Headlights Lights, Non-Smokers Pack, Privacy Glass, Extended Mono.Pur Finish

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by garethld View Post
    Here we are...
    S3 Sportback 8V
    Registered Nov'13
    C0Z wheels
    Nappa seats
    Nav
    Cruise Control
    Comfort Pack
    Interior lighting pack
    Panoramic roof
    Privacy glass

absolutely stunning ing gareth and well worth the very very long wait lol !

Neutral

Status
    yeah not bad eh, it will be three weeks tomorrow since i ordered it!

4th Gear

Status
    Here we are...
    S3 Sportback 8V
    Registered Nov'13
    C0Z wheels
    Nappa seats
    Nav
    Cruise Control
    Comfort Pack
    Interior lighting pack
    Panoramic roof
    Privacy glass

The S3 looks so good on the road & that colour is beautiful... There's so much going on!
    the_lecht_rocks likes this.

4th Gear

Status
    yeah not bad eh, it will be three weeks tomorrow since i ordered it!
    I hate you for that. I ordered mine nearly 11 weeks ago and I've still got to wait another 3/4!
    garethld likes this.

4th Gear

Status
    STUNNING GARETH!!

Makes my picture taking look like a chimpanzee has done it!!

Just about to upload some pics of the LED lights, whilst i was out i noticed a nice little whistle from the engine as you increase the revs, sounds like the intake or turbo spooling up, great soundtrack this car has!!
    paullowther and Lmg like this.

5th Gear

Status
    It has the auto option which will select the right beam for the lighting condition, and you can also manually select them too.

I don't have lane assist.

I will try nip out later and take a snap of the lights on a country lane, but if i end up in a ditch because of it - i'm holding you all responsible....:-)
    Brilliant, sounds good. The reason I asked about lane assist was because apparently you get high beam assist for free when you buy it. Did you buy high beam assist on it's own then? I presume it works ok?

A few more questions (you might not know/have seen them do this):
    1. do they angle themselves around corners like adaptive xenons?
    2. do they have 'variable' high beam - in so much as when a car is coming towards you and the high beam assist knows to take high beam off, does it just drop straight down or is it a gradual drop as the car approaches?
    3. Is the cornering light active at all speeds or just when pottering around town/parking etc?

The more I see about them the more i'm tempted but I am worried about some comments from people who have driven the Seat version on the Leon and say they are 'dim' or like a white version of halogen!

I presume you had xenon before, are they really brighter?
    Build Week 1: Panther Black S3 SB S-Tronic, black nappa, anthracite alloys, comfort pack with adaptive cruise and parking plus, active lane assist, adaptive xenons with variable range control and auto high beam, technology package HIGH with connect, B&O, tyre pressure warning, fold/dim/dip/heat mirrors, reversible boot liner, extended mono pur interior, privacy glass, hill hold assist, LED interior light pack, electric lumber support.

5th Gear

Status
    Gareth - that is absolutely stunning. That paint is amazing and loving the dark glass with it too. The rails make it look like a mini avant!

4th Gear

Status
    Brilliant, sounds good. The reason I asked about lane assist was because apparently you get high beam assist for free when you buy it. Did you buy high beam assist on it's own then? I presume it works ok?

A few more questions (you might not know/have seen them do this):
    1. do they angle themselves around corners like adaptive xenons?
    2. do they have 'variable' high beam - in so much as when a car is coming towards you and the high beam assist knows to take high beam off, does it just drop straight down or is it a gradual drop as the car approaches?
    3. Is the cornering light active at all speeds or just when pottering around town/parking etc?

The more I see about them the more i'm tempted but I am worried about some comments from people who have driven the Seat version on the Leon and say they are 'dim' or like a white version of halogen!

I presume you had xenon before, are they really brighter?
    1) Yes
    2) I have not yet seen it do this, although only had the car a few days.
    3) Again that is something i wouldn't know, driving up my drive you can clearly see them turning, as they also do on a bend near me which i usually take at about 40mph.

It may be worth contacting Audi to find out for sure what you are asking, i can say for sure though that they are brighter than xenons

5th Gear

Status
    Thanks for answering my questions - very helpful. As you say, maybe I just need to ring Audi centrally (don't think the dealer will know tbh) and ask a few more questions.

Brighter than xenon is a good thing - i'm glad they can still be bought with the high beam assist thing too.

4th Gear

Status
    Right here is some pics i just took on an old iphone 4, they do the LED's no justice at all, please note that they are much much brighter than these pics show, and they also light up the periphery ALOT more...

the_lecht_rocks and Lmg like this.

4th Gear

Status
    And this...

I was shocked at the difference between the pics and what my eye was seeing, need a proper camera...

3rd Gear

Status
    superb. typical LED blue natural hue with piercing definition.... wonder if they use CREE LEDs.....?

5th Gear

Status
    Great, thanks. I know what you mean about trying to photograph - I use a couple of very high power LED torches on my pushbike and they are like daylight but when I try to video/take photos they look terrible!

The light does look a bit whiter than normal xenon (a good thing) and a bit more natural too. Looks like I might need to alter my order AGAIN!

5th Gear

Status
    superb. typical LED blue natural hue with piercing definition.... wonder if they use CREE LEDs.....?
    best way to find out will be to think about who makes them for audi and then go looking on their website for details. I did this about the adaptive cruise and lane assist. Both bosch systems and there is a load of info on the bosch website about tech specs. max detection range, samples/second, etc etc.

I bet it is hella...

5th Gear

Status

3rd Gear

Status
    nah, CREE are market leaders in LED AFAIK....

johnny / gareth - you must be chuffed ?
    garethld likes this.

4th Gear

Status
    Well what i couldn't believe is how the camera does not pick up peripheral lighting, in all them shots the trees and bushes all around were lit up, but in the photo's you can't see it..

4th Gear

Status
    Ecstatic is probably a better word!

5th Gear

Status
    Oh yes, I'm not denying that they are probably CREE chips inside - was thinking more about the actual enclosures and assembly etc
    the_lecht_rocks likes this.

3rd Gear

Status
    I'm thinking about the black pack and an alloy wheel change to this :

image.jpg
    Fragup likes this.

4th Gear

Status

image.jpg
    When will your ability to alter your order end?

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by paullowther View Post
    When will your ability to alter your order end?
    not sure but emailed tonight asking for the wheel upgrade and black pack inclusion lol.......
    paullowther likes this.

4th Gear

Status
    not sure but emailed tonight asking for the wheel upgrade and black pack inclusion lol.......
    Haha! You've had a very similar ordering experience to me! Started with Estoril and ended up with panther + black pack!

As far as I'm aware I'll be the first black on black S3 owner here so I'll step up when it comes to picture time. Gareth did a very good job today actually for the black side and Johnny likewise for white! Thanks to them two for making the wait even harder for the rest of us with a car on order!

My build week commences in just 3 hours & 40 minutes. I never thought I'd get to this point and it's well band truly flown by!
    Johnnyb likes this.

1st Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Add Kempysue on Facebook

image.jpg
    That's the combination (phantom black with these wheels and black styling kit) I've ordered... I reckon it looks awesome

3rd Gear

Status
    I think the pic is panther black however,my hats my order..
    Kempysue likes this.

6th Gear

Status
    I don't know if this picture is clear enough but it is of the components used in the LED lighting:

Now a proud owner of a A3 1.4 tfsi Saloon S-Line, 6-speed, Daytona Grey, Technology Pack, Comfort Pack, Cruise, Advanced Key, Privacy Glass, Audi Parking System Plus, Interior Lighting, Folding Door Mirrors, Light & Rain Sensor. Hold Assist.

4th Gear

Status
    Another one for the w**k bank fellas....

paullowther and Lmg like this.

4th Gear

Status
    This one is clearer, stupid iphone...

the_lecht_rocks and Lmg like this.

Neutral

Status

image.jpg
    Are those the titanium matt alloy wheels or the standard 10 spoke

Neutral

Status
    I've ordered a 3-door S3 estoril blue a couple of weeks ago, build week 51.

Everyone on here seems to have gone for the sportback, are your choices based on pure practical reasons? (i.e. extra doors/space)
    or do people think it looks better?

Really undecided if to change my order or not i've come on here.

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by MatthewC View Post
    I've ordered a 3-door S3 estoril blue a couple of weeks ago, build week 51.

Everyone on here seems to have gone for the sportback, are your choices based on pure practical reasons? (i.e. extra doors/space)
    or do people think it looks better?

Really undecided if to change my order or not i've come on here.
    i need roof roof rails but do think for the first time that the sb looks better than the 3 dr...