EM TuningAH Fabrications
Page 21 of 156 FirstFirst ... 111415161718192021222324252627283171121 ... LastLast
Like Tree3381Likes

Thread: 2013 Audi S3

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnmz View Post
    Interesting quote in this week's autocar review of the S3 sportback:

"Its emissions are not criminally high and although 40.4mpg is hopelessly optimistic (we averaged around 26mpg), the car is relatively cheap to run considering its potential performance"

Has anyone got real world experience of the s3's fuel economy? 26 mpg doesn't sound good but I guess they may have been having a blast....
    I've just done a 700 mile round trip to Belgium and back, I hit 39mph in my s3 stronic. Driving around home I seem to be getting 25ish but tbh I could be driving more economically :/

2. # ADS
    ADS

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Dylock View Post
    I've just done a 700 mile round trip to Belgium and back, I hit 39mph in my s3 stronic.
    You speed demon

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Battlekrapz View Post
    Baldrick, I've got a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it weasel!

Sorry your nickname reminded me that i just loooooove blackadder so much!
    Judging by my apparent poor knowledge of Audi S3 Sportbacks I may suffer a few Blackadder -> Baldrick put downs I fear! (although these do seem very friendly forums)

In my weak defence I had a new A3 Sportback 2.0T S-line in 2007 which at the time was the top Sportback and haven't been in the market for an A3/S3 since, going down the classic company car 320D ED route as its replacement. Maybe early next year I will be

I really don't recall ever seeing an S3 Sportback on the roads though they have been available for five years as I now understand it.
    Battlekrapz likes this.

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by baldrick View Post
    You speed demon
    Oops! Lol

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnmz View Post
    Interesting quote in this week's autocar review of the S3 sportback:

"Its emissions are not criminally high and although 40.4mpg is hopelessly optimistic (we averaged around 26mpg), the car is relatively cheap to run considering its potential performance"

Has anyone got real world experience of the s3's fuel economy? 26 mpg doesn't sound good but I guess they may have been having a blast....
    I would be surprised if anyone considering an S3 actually thought they would achieve anything like the Audi's own Mpg figures. There has been much debate about manufacturers own figures.

Personally I would knock 25% off as a rough guide but its an S3 with quattro and almost 300 horses. It's bound to be thirsty work!

The step forward may be when compared to the previous S3, i think it had an official quoted figure of 33mpg. So even with adjustment to the real world - the new S3 could be 7mpg better. Perhaps previous model S3 owners can give their view on what their average mpg is?

3rd Gear

Status
    Loads of threads around for Older S3's MPG, for mine I average 28-32 depending on the journey and mood, I have had short journy's hitting 35mpg, I am revo Stage 1) I certainly think 40 mpg for the new S3 is easy acheivable if you drive it sensible with flow of traffic

1st Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Add Revo Steve-W on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Brett Butler View Post
    Loads of threads around for Older S3's MPG, for mine I average 28-32 depending on the journey and mood, I have had short journy's hitting 35mpg, I am revo Stage 1) I certainly think 40 mpg for the new S3 is easy acheivable if you drive it sensible with flow of traffic
    Brett it's great to hear another Revo customer getting good MPG after stage 1, it's not something we quote but stage 1 defiantly makes a substantial difference to the MPG on most engines, along with the much improved performance of course!

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by VeeDubDan View Post
    Anyone got more Phantom Black pics or got one being delivered soon? Keen to see some high res. photos.
    Getting Phantom Black S3 3-door in 2 to 3 weeks so can post pics then. This is my 4th S3,had an Imola 8L, Phantom 8P, White 8P phase II which were keeping and now thus! Solid (free) black or Misano is the best colour IMO!

Black with red/ black seats - think they were called parade!?!
    Different wheels (Matt finished gunmetal-ish)
    Tech pack +
    Privacy glass
    LEDs
    Plus a load of other **** the dealer spec'd!

They didn't spec the black windw surrounds and grill but if I ddnt take this car it would be Feb '14 before I got one!
    VeeDubDan likes this.

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by nervus View Post
    Getting Phantom Black S3 3-door in 2 to 3 weeks so can post pics then. This is my 4th S3,had an Imola 8L, Phantom 8P, White 8P phase II which were keeping and now thus! Solid (free) black or Misano is the best colour IMO!

Black with red/ black seats - think they were called parade!?!
    Different wheels (Matt finished gunmetal-ish)
    Tech pack +
    Privacy glass
    LEDs
    Plus a load of other **** the dealer spec'd!

They didn't spec the black windw surrounds and grill but if I ddnt take this car it would be Feb '14 before I got one!
    That's good news, cant wait to see! I called my audi dealership yesterday and changed my 3dr S3 order from Estoril to Panther, also saw a few phantom black cars there and they looked really nice.
    Ordered 16/8/13, Build Week 44, Delivery Nov/Dec 13. Panther Black / Silver Alcantara, 3dr S-Tronic. Black Styling Package, Black 3D Design Inlays, 18" x 7.5J ‘5-twin-spoke “Star”’ design anthracite, partly polished alloy wheels with 225/40 R18 tyres,
    Technology Pack, Comfort Pack (cruise control & rear parking sensors), B&O Sound System , Interior Light Pack, Full LED Headlights Lights, Non-Smokers Pack, Privacy Glass, Extended Mono.Pur Finish

4th Gear

Status
    Cool LED headlight video... the main focus is on the S3.

2013 Audi LED Lighting Technology - YouTube
    Louay likes this.

1st Gear

Status
    Nice video Paul,

Heres another link but this was when the A3 saloon was still just in concept so not sure if the lights ended up like the video. I am pretty sure the mirrors changed..

Audi A3 Notchback Sedan Concept Lighting Sequence - YouTube

4th Gear

Status
    Any sept 1st S3 collections and picks then Guys ?

Or anyone picking up an S3 this week ?

We NEED pics !!
    Battlekrapz and paullowther like this.
    2013 (63) Audi S5 coupe estoril blue black edition

4th Gear

Status
    I might be a premature here with my thinking, but I absolutely love the style of the grille and the alumnium front bumbers on the RS5, I think they're stunning!

Is anybody aware of any aftermarket solutions that will allow me to get a similar look with the new S3? I.E. The honeycomb grill and the front bumpers?

4th Gear

Status
    does anyone know if you get the LED cup holders if you opt for the non-smoking back in the S3 sportback? confused.

thanks

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Louay View Post
    does anyone know if you get the LED cup holders if you opt for the non-smoking back in the S3 sportback? confused.

thanks
    Cup holder lights comes with the interior lights pack (extra option), smoking / non smoking pack has no effect except the ashtray / cup that comes with smoking pack, sits in one cup holder so will block the light inside the cup holder a bit. But you can lift it out if you want.
    Louay likes this.
    A3 sport back, Misano Red, S Line, 1.4 C.O.D. Manual, Panoramic Sunroof, Audi sound system, Folding mirrors, Interior lights pack, Non smoking, Delete Badges, Sports suspension, Hill hold & 2 year servicing & 4 year warrantee.

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Fragup View Post
    Cup holder lights comes with the interior lights pack (extra option), smoking / non smoking pack has no effect except the ashtray / cup that comes with smoking pack, sits in one cup holder so will block the light inside the cup holder a bit. But you can lift it out if you want.
    And the non-smoking pack comes with a chrome switch above the cup holder instead of a black plastic one. So I ordered the non-smokers and requested the ashtray (the cool looking cup thing) be included, to have somewhere to put my KFC money.
    Louay and Fragup like this.
    Ordered 16/8/13, Build Week 44, Delivery Nov/Dec 13. Panther Black / Silver Alcantara, 3dr S-Tronic. Black Styling Package, Black 3D Design Inlays, 18" x 7.5J ‘5-twin-spoke “Star”’ design anthracite, partly polished alloy wheels with 225/40 R18 tyres,
    Technology Pack, Comfort Pack (cruise control & rear parking sensors), B&O Sound System , Interior Light Pack, Full LED Headlights Lights, Non-Smokers Pack, Privacy Glass, Extended Mono.Pur Finish

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Snake Pliskin View Post
    Any sept 1st S3 collections and picks then Guys ?

Or anyone picking up an S3 this week ?

We NEED pics !!
    Just been informed, its ready for collection this Thursday but i'm away until Friday :-( ! ill post pics Friday
    paullowther likes this.

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by nervus View Post
    Just been informed, its ready for collection this Thursday but i'm away until Friday :-( ! ill post pics Friday
    That's great news! At least being away will make time go faster

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadoftoadhall View Post
    I would be surprised if anyone considering an S3 actually thought they would achieve anything like the Audi's own Mpg figures. There has been much debate about manufacturers own figures.

Personally I would knock 25% off as a rough guide but its an S3 with quattro and almost 300 horses. It's bound to be thirsty work!

The step forward may be when compared to the previous S3, i think it had an official quoted figure of 33mpg. So even with adjustment to the real world - the new S3 could be 7mpg better. Perhaps previous model S3 owners can give their view on what their average mpg is?
    The S3 I had was a 2009 MY sportback (manual) and I usually managed about 33mpg average over a month. I could get as good as 38mpg if I really tried. If you however gave it the beans a lot, well, you' d be lucky to better 25mpg (or less). Interestingly, I had an S tronic for a three weeks while my TTRS was late delivered. That struggled to hit 29mpg. No surprise as the S tronic box delivers worse economy in every single Audi I have driven or owned. The outlandish claims that Audi and other manufacturers claim for mpg always make me laugh - if you actually look into how those tests are done you'll soon see what a load of cobblers those figures are in terms of real world driving. I'd bet the latest s3 averages around 32mpg or there abouts. 40mpg you could probably achieve, but you'd fall asleep at the wheel trying...
    S3 Misano Red | s tronic | super sport seats | black styling pack|10 spoke matt titanium alloys | privacy glass|technology pack high with mobile | audi sound system | through load | light & rain sensor pack | rear parking sensors | electric folding mirrors | tyre pressure monitoring | non smoking pack | registered 06/06/2014

4th Gear

Status
    Battlekrapz, Fragup and Lmg like this.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Very nice thread to read, not many forums on the new S3!
    I'm in major confusion between this beaut S3 and a M135i! so when people take delivery i am keen to here your reviews :D
    What do you guys think between the two. in a honest opinion!

1st Gear

Status
    Can't speak for the m135i but I've had my s3 for nearly 3 weeks and I love it! Not a bad word to say about it.

4th Gear

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Harris27 View Post
    Very nice thread to read, not many forums on the new S3!
    I'm in major confusion between this beaut S3 and a M135i! so when people take delivery i am keen to here your reviews :D
    What do you guys think between the two. in a honest opinion!
    Good to see a new member.

I haven't yet taken delivery of my S3, that's due to happen in December, but I have test driven both the S3 and the M135i and both are unbelievable cars, but they go about being unbelievable in different ways so it completely depends what you want from your car.

The S3 got my vote for a few reasons:
    1. I preferred the style of the cabin, I loved the minimalist design and the fold out screen (very James Bond)
    2. I thought that the quality of the materials, as well as the fit and finish were orders of magnitude better in the Audi, especially when compared to the A class (don't even get me started on that car)
    3. I preferred the styling of the S3. I'm not one of the ones who thinks the BMW looks ugly, far from it, but I just loved the understated nature of the S3, but the little teasers (quad exhaust mainly) let people know you're driving a miniature rocket ship
    4. The quattro system, given the more common extreme weather we're experiencing at winter time, was a welcome feature. As I'm sure you're aware BMW's handle like Dog s**t in the snow
    5. I already have a BMW and wanted a change
    6. I managed to get a really good deal on my S3 through drivethedeal
    7. I wanted something that was better suited to long distance cruising
    8. The ride was very comfortable and the cabin very quiet
    9. The B&O sound system is literally the best I've ever heard and I've sat in my fair share of expensive cars with top end sound systems
    10. Residual value
    11. Loved the S-Tronic gearbox
    12. The sound
    A few points for the BMW:
    1. The sound
    2. Whilst I thought the handling and steering on the S3 were brilliant and almost effortless the BMW definitely felt more rewarding at higher speeds. So if you're looking at track days or if you like to drive fast more often than not then I'd perhaps consider the bmw
    3. The S3 doesn't feel as raw as the BMW, which sometimes left me feeling a bit disconnected (but only a bit)
    4. A bit cheaper
    5. Quite liked the ability to spec wood as an inlay, made the car feel quite premium
    6. I believe it comes better equipped as standard but I'm not sure
    Of course I only got to drive these cars for 20 minutes each but those were my overall impressions.

If you want a more well rounded car that's capable of chauffeuring you in comfort most of the time but can blow you mind at the touch of a pedal then go for the S3, if however you're looking for a car that's arguably more at home on a track then pick the BMW. Just remember though the BMW only works 3 seasons of the year.

I don't believe there is a wrong choice, unless of course you choose the BMW.
    Battlekrapz and Lmg like this.

1st Gear

Status
    Anyone ordered or considering ordering their S3 with body colour mirror caps instead of the aluminium? This is a no cost option. I'm probably going with a dark colour sportback with chrome trim and roof rails so thinking aluminium caps might make it too bling, especially given the window trim is chrome too.
    8V S3; Sportback, S-Tronic, Monsoon Grey, Aluminium Roof Rails, Privacy Glass, Supersport Seats, Comfort Pack, Technology Pack High, Bang & Olufsen, Folding, Dimming Mirrors, Interior Light Pack, Extended Mono.Pur, Parking System Plus, Reversing Camera, Rear Side Airbags, Reversible Boot Mat, Tyre Pressure Monitor, Hold Assist

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by paullowther View Post
    Good to see a new member.

I haven't yet taken delivery of my S3, that's due to happen in December, but I have test driven both the S3 and the M135i and both are unbelievable cars, but they go about being unbelievable in different ways so it completely depends what you want from your car.

The S3 got my vote for a few reasons:
    1. I preferred the style of the cabin, I loved the minimalist design and the fold out screen (very James Bond)
    2. I thought that the quality of the materials, as well as the fit and finish were orders of magnitude better in the Audi, especially when compared to the A class (don't even get me started on that car)
    3. I preferred the styling of the S3. I'm not one of the ones who thinks the BMW looks ugly, far from it, but I just loved the understated nature of the S3, but the little teasers (quad exhaust mainly) let people know you're driving a miniature rocket ship
    4. The quattro system, given the more common extreme weather we're experiencing at winter time, was a welcome feature. As I'm sure you're aware BMW's handle like Dog s**t in the snow
    5. I already have a BMW and wanted a change
    6. I managed to get a really good deal on my S3 through drivethedeal
    7. I wanted something that was better suited to long distance cruising
    8. The ride was very comfortable and the cabin very quiet
    9. The B&O sound system is literally the best I've ever heard and I've sat in my fair share of expensive cars with top end sound systems
    10. Residual value
    11. Loved the S-Tronic gearbox
    12. The sound
    A few points for the BMW:
    1. The sound
    2. Whilst I thought the handling and steering on the S3 were brilliant and almost effortless the BMW definitely felt more rewarding at higher speeds. So if you're looking at track days or if you like to drive fast more often than not then I'd perhaps consider the bmw
    3. The S3 doesn't feel as raw as the BMW, which sometimes left me feeling a bit disconnected (but only a bit)
    4. A bit cheaper
    5. Quite liked the ability to spec wood as an inlay, made the car feel quite premium
    6. I believe it comes better equipped as standard but I'm not sure
    Of course I only got to drive these cars for 20 minutes each but those were my overall impressions.

If you want a more well rounded car that's capable of chauffeuring you in comfort most of the time but can blow you mind at the touch of a pedal then go for the S3, if however you're looking for a car that's arguably more at home on a track then pick the BMW. Just remember though the BMW only works 3 seasons of the year.

I don't believe there is a wrong choice, unless of course you choose the BMW.
    Nice comparison Paul. I think oct. 19th is my day.
    titleist007 likes this.
    Audi S3 Sportback | ProLine Plus | Stronic | Monsoon Grey | Panoramic roof | LED headlights | B&O | MMI Touch Plus | ACC | Alarm | Privacyglass | Keyless entry | Super Sport Seats | DAB | Heated seats | Camera | Magnetic Ride | Side Asssist

2nd Gear

Status
    I have a question guys.

If you order the full MMI Touch system on the S3, does it come with Bluetooth integration by default? or do you still need to order the Bluetooth connectivity option?

I ordered my car a month ago and the bloke said it was part of the MMI touch system as he couldn't tick the box for the bluetooth option? But i have a huge doubt now and i'd like you guys to confirm?

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Battlekrapz View Post
    I have a question guys.

If you order the full MMI Touch system on the S3, does it come with Bluetooth integration by default? or do you still need to order the Bluetooth connectivity option?

I ordered my car a month ago and the bloke said it was part of the MMI touch system as he couldn't tick the box for the bluetooth option? But i have a huge doubt now and i'd like you guys to confirm?
    I quote' It’s got your voice control, navigation, Bluetooth and USB audio, phone, CD and DVD services all locked up, and it’s all controlled by a four button control panel and a giant knob in the centre console'

6th Gear

Status
    On the A3 (I assume would be the same for the S3) Bluetooth is standard regardless of which MMI system you have
    Sport 2.0 TDI 150 Sportback in Scuba Blue, alcantara/leather, advanced key, audi sound system, comfort pack w/ ACC and park assist, deselect sports suspension, auto-dimming & folding door mirrors, electric lumbar support, heated seats, hold assist, non-smoking pack, side & lane assist, reversing camera, storage & luggage pack, tech pack with audi connect, tyre pressure warning, towbar, variable headlight range control, xenon light pack

2nd Gear

Status
    Ok that's reassuring, thank god for that... my heart started sinking thinking i messed up my order .

Thanks a lot Paul !

Thanks also Cemerson !

4th Gear

Status
    Anyone ordered or considering ordering their S3 with body colour mirror caps instead of the aluminium? This is a no cost option. I'm probably going with a dark colour sportback with chrome trim and roof rails so thinking aluminium caps might make it too bling, especially given the window trim is chrome too.
    Distinguishable feature exclusive to the S3 model in the A3 range....keep em! What colour are you considering?

Lou
    paullowther likes this.

1st Gear

Status
    Phantom Black is the current favourite. I'll wait to see some pictures before making my mind up.
    8V S3; Sportback, S-Tronic, Monsoon Grey, Aluminium Roof Rails, Privacy Glass, Supersport Seats, Comfort Pack, Technology Pack High, Bang & Olufsen, Folding, Dimming Mirrors, Interior Light Pack, Extended Mono.Pur, Parking System Plus, Reversing Camera, Rear Side Airbags, Reversible Boot Mat, Tyre Pressure Monitor, Hold Assist

4th Gear

Status
    Phantom Black is the current favourite. I'll wait to see some pictures before making my mind up.
    I saw panther black this weekend at my local audi, it was absolutely stunning! Couldn't fault it at all.

2nd Gear

Status
    I saw panther black this weekend at my local audi, it was absolutely stunning! Couldn't fault it at all.
    not seen a panther black car in the flesh, is it darker or more glossy than the phantom ?
    A3 sport back, Misano Red, S Line, 1.4 C.O.D. Manual, Panoramic Sunroof, Audi sound system, Folding mirrors, Interior lights pack, Non smoking, Delete Badges, Sports suspension, Hill hold & 2 year servicing & 4 year warrantee.

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Fragup View Post
    not seen a panther black car in the flesh, is it darker or more glossy than the phantom ?
    I didn't get a chance to compare it to the phantom black so it's hard for me to offer an opinion but the panther black in the sunlight comes alive. The amount of flecks in the paint was staggering and it turns a purplely/black in the sun.

I've attached a pic of panther, god knows how it will look as I've done it from the iPhone app.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1378404309.517351.jpg

4th Gear

Status
    MY57 S3 was Phantom Black, my only reservations about this colour was that in direct sun light the black did not appear to be as black as i expected it to be like a Brilliant black, once cleaned/polished and waxed the black looked hazy and lighter to my dismay. If i had to decide between Phantom and Panther i would chose Panther as under direct sunlight it appears darker with subtle tinge of purple.

2nd Gear

Status
    I didn't get a chance to compare it to the phantom black so it's hard for me to offer an opinion but the panther black in the sunlight comes alive. The amount of flecks in the paint was staggering and it turns a purplely/black in the sun.

I've attached a pic of panther, god knows how it will look as I've done it from the iPhone app.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1378404309.517351.jpg
    have seen phantom and brilliant black next to each other and brilliant black is solid and a noticeable bit darker then phantom which has a glossy reflective finish and from your photo Panther seams to have a sparkly metallic finish that catches different colours up close.

have had last 2 cars in black, current solid and previous metallic Hondas and loved both.

thanks for photo, looks great finish !

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by SilureMark View Post
    Interesting review here. Kind of sums up a lot of my current thinking:

Audi S3 Sportback first drive Review | Autocar
    This is closer to my current thinking:

Audi S3 Sportback S-tronic (2013) CAR review | Road Testing Reviews | Car Magazine Online

“Set the driving position to dance on the stainless steel pedals, hit the engine start button on the console and mash the right pedal – and the S3 bursts into life. From the bassy idle, the 2.0-litre four-pot has a purposeful yet unobtrusive tone. It sounds potent yet doesn’t overshadow the drive when you’re trundling through town on the slightly firm but not crashy suspension, but give it full beans and the backtrack steps into the spotlight with an almost metallic, touring car-esque tone. Your fingertips will feel the grooves in the shift paddles as you pull back for another gear, the puffs of air a joy to hear as the Sportback pushes on forward. Corners? Tight body control, great seats and brilliant road holding back up excellent traction for a quick exit, with power poured on early.”

In my youth we could legally rally on public roads. It got clamped down upon in the mid eighties effectively reduced to navigational events but before that drivers used to pound around in lightweight 200bhp machines in national events at night on open roads at speeds that would simply get you locked up today. Even in the more modest cars I drove the pure engagement of driving truly flat out in an organised event with spectators at strategic locations (like humped back bridges!) is unequalled with any modern driving experience except on a track.

Maybe I am getting old but the opportunity to really explore the limits in modern performance cars seems few and far between, the grins come from the acceleration, soundtrack and grip levels well within the cars limits and then the factors of cabin quality, styling, practicality and comfort can become the deciding factor. The ability to be well behaved and a little bit naughty when wanted define cars like the S3 for me.
    Toadoftoadhall likes this.

Neutral

Status
    Spotted this morning on the A14 in Ipswich 2 x 8V S3's in convoy probably heading to the dealership by the slip road they took. A '13 plate SB in Estoril with Full LED headlights - those indicators look superb!! and a Red 3 dr closely behind it with a '63 plate.

Both gorgeous looking cars!!
    RossR likes this.

A3 Sportback 2.0 TDI 150 S Line - Brilliant Black, Black Styling Package, Black Roof Rails, Model and Tech Deletion, Comfort Package, Audi Sound System, SD Sat Nav, Privacy Glass, Folding Mirrors, Interior Lighting Package, Hold Assist, Through Load Facility, Non Smoking Pack and S Line Suspension.

4th Gear

Status
    build date not confirmed yet for my S3 SB, Order placed on 15 Aug and is apparently on the waiting list! any ideas on lead times fellow consumers? this year? Christmas delivery surely? 15 December would make that 4 months so?

thanks

4th Gear

Status
    I ordered mine on the same day as you and I was chatting to a guy on YouTube who ordered his s3 at the end of July and he's received a build week scheduled for 25th November. Logic dictates we should expect first/second week in December!