Scotland Meet Anyone?

StephenBogan

Reaction score
Alright folks,

is anyone up for a meet? The misses is gonna drop the sprog in April so after that it'll be like Mission Impossible for ages, with baby stuff. Up for the next Crail, Knockhill or something like that? Anyway you can post your views and see what happens. I'm off to howtochangeanappy.com. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/vomit.gif

P.S Pics of the FMIC, fitted at the weekend.

Nice car man. The intercooler looks loads bigger than the standard ones.

Like you say in the other post, I hope it works in the summer at that price!!

Can't do a meet, I live the other end of the country :-(

I will be organising a meet sometime after the thaw for the highland route /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif (usual roads, usual drivers). Mark R might be up for a lomond run (or wherever you go down Glasgow way) so perhaps he'll post here.

The highland run will likely be after or during april to avoid snow, grit and snoboarders.

I'll keep you posted

Mark - if you are up for a southern drive then post the details.

The cooler looks way off center or something, why is this so? Apart from that its quite large.. what was the cost? im going to call Forge in a tic and see if they anything for the S3

[ QUOTE ]
ScotSTHREE said:
is anyone up for a meet?

[/ QUOTE ]
Count me in!

It will be a drive, rather than standing around in a garage getting CO poisoning courtesy of the de-cat brigade(much better for your health to get some fresh air i'm told)

yer, lets wait for the roads to clear of grit. My cars paint has never recovered from a year ago!

Not Fancy meeting up for a Crail bash? If not I'm cool with either dates.

S8N, tell me about it. I thought it would be straight also.

I'm up for either run but it will have to be at the end of February for me to make it. My car won't be remapped till either the 1st or 3rd weekend in Feb - I don't fancy doing it with my low boost maps.

What is the southern/glasgow run?

[ QUOTE ]
ScotSTHREE said:
Not Fancy meeting up for a Crail bash?

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't go on the track, but happy to meet up to see folks. When is it? Those of us from Glasgow way could drive up in convoy, have a wee bit of fun /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Could maybe even persuade David R down /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Oh, intercooler, mmmmmmmm /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Khufu, first person perspective, ah, yes, last time I just a passenger, but I'll be driving next time. You should come along also!

Doug, there will be a "proper" Scottish meet end of March or some time in April anyway, would be good to see you though. Southern run hasn't been done before, would need a route.

Site's still flamin' up/down for me at the moment, so it's difficult replying.

Phew... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/snore.gif

I'll try to make it this time - but anyone with a turbo is only allowed to use the 1st 4 gears so I can keep up LOL

I'm gonna hang on...
The last run we had at this time of year has completely wrecked the finish on my headlights, foglights, lower grille trims and the paint on the bonnet and bumper...so I think I'll hang on until a lot of the sand and drit had gone.

Or I could just drive a bit slower... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

The tyresmoke guys are going upto knockhill on the 15th Feb - there is a hot hatch day so we can have a laugh at the neds on track. I'm going along anyway - so might see some of you from here?

Aaaaah!

Can't make it then, well, don't think so anyway. Will try though. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Hmm I might be up for the knockhill hot hatch event. I've never been to one of them. Although I'll just go along to watch and to put some faces to the names.

I'm definitely not running around with the roads in there current condition. Don't fancy replacing £800 each Zenon lights on the RS!

I'll wait as David says.

PS Doug I'd like to see what you've been up to with that S2 of yours since I last seen it. - very interesting.

looking forward to it ,just put my name down on tyresmoke as well...

Doug, I'll be there mate, never miss knockhill, unless too hung over! 15th it is then! Magic, lookforward to it.

Cheers,

Hey Glen - Yes I finaly got my dream Audi - an RS4. Had to have it ever since I first clapped eyes on one in the Hawcos dealership in Inverness nearly 3 years ago.

It's Sept 2000 X plate currently unmodified /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif, Avus silver with the hitech recaros, TV SAT NAV, 28K miles well I've now managed to put 4k on it since The end of November!

But that high rate of miles will be reduced now that I'm using the boss's daughters M plate 1.4 Fiesta into work every day (don't ask) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif What a contrast, it sure does make you appreciate a decent motor. Not that I've got anything against a Fiesta. My girlfriend has an 02 plate sport and although its nowhere near as quick as the old XR2 its a great little run around. But this one is well fecked ha ha ha.

I'll need to get to see you some time?

need to know who is a definate for knockhll this Sunday

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/froggie_red.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile_smoking.gif

My car will not make it this weekend - due to the rods and pistons sitting on my workbench. I will be there though.

Well depending on when I get up from my night oot. I should be down. What's a good time to arrive?

I'm in + ma pal kev riding shotgun /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

If you follow the thread on the previous page you will see some are meeting at the Forth Road Bridge and some at Kincardine Bridge about 11am

We hope to all be there at 12 ish (Depents how Valentines Night goes) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/1luvu.gif

N /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif

Hope to see you all there

cheers

Remember we have been allowed access to the paddocks for parking

VW and Audi only!!!!

Are the places limited in the paddock? I'm coming in a mates TT engined golf and another mate is coming in polo gti - is it alright for those to say they are with the AS.net, TS group?

We'll be there around 12ish.

Sorry for not showing face on Sunday - I was bit too hung over /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

me neither, but due to work. There's video footage of some cars going round the hairpin before the start and some pictures of some Audis on the TS forum.

More mods David?

Yes, we need a meet sooooooooooon /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
David R said:
...and a few choice mods for my car to arrive /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

It'll never be enough!!
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Yes, this should still be happening, just waiting for clement weather, grit to leave the road and a few choice mods for my car to arrive

[/ QUOTE ]
still after a suspension kit dave I can do you a deal now I've upgraded to the H&R PSC kit?

Thanks Barry, but unless the deal is very good indeed, I'm quite content with the current RS4 setup. I am waiting for other mods to be shipped from the US....

But dave without the height adjustables you won't be able to cruise the streets of dundee in a lowrider S4 - pimpdoctor stylee......... I'll get my coat! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Picked up my new A4 Sport this morning. Looking to meet up with you guys the next time Crail/Knockhill is on. let me know what you think.

Cheers.

Any ideas of a date and a location for a Scottish meet?

Can't make the 12th/13th June, but other dates are fine.

Well, the roads might be in good condition, but it's Scottish weather, so who knows what state that will be in /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif