Autometrix Track Day - Castle Combe Saturday 29th July

jcs356

Brum brum
Reaction score
Anyone going along to the VAG cars only day at Combe at the end of the month? I'll be there in the Ibiza putting my new anti-rollbars to the test :racer:

Is there gonna be a stand again??

Not sure if they are doing club stands at this one? We'll deffo have to get something organised for the Audi Driver day in October.

jcs356 said:
Not sure if they are doing club stands at this one? We'll deffo have to get something organised for the Audi Driver day in October.

Wheres that at then? And i think we're going to CC, we're going to the one b4 this Rally day thing, anyone else going there?

I can't organise anything as I can't make it - having reconstructive surgery on my knee (same problem as Michael Owen) at the end of September - I have no idea how long I won't be able to drive for.

mintie s3 and loving it again large dent in pocket but i will be there at the end of the month after missing out on mallory park due to a engine failure on the way there

mintie said:
mintie s3 and loving it again large dent in pocket but i will be there at the end of the month after missing out on mallory park due to a engine failure on the way there
Hope you have better luck this time. Looking forward to it.

Don't think my poor car will thank me if I did this one, so shortly after another excursion off the track at Silverstone on Friday!!

But will do my best for the Audi day in October.:)

I shall be going its only a fiver isnt it? Rally day was great btw!

The Slug said:
I shall be going its only a fiver isnt it? Rally day was great btw!

I will be there.... what time do the gates open?

We're going tomoz, should be a good day out. Keep your eyes peeled for Tucan yellow A3, hehe ;)

:s3addict: must say was a very good day "TUB THUMPING" would have been nice to see more audi,s but we cant have everything we want (i want a RS4 but im married and she says that we dont need an estate) ,but maybe one day

Hay Mintie, was it you going around the track yesterday? V Plate S3?

yes it was me ,just having a little fun with my smaller brothers,was very suprised that yet again another lupo was quicker than me, he did have a 1.8 20v with 200+ under the bonnet,a very good day was had cant wait til the next time,only problem is that there will be more "audis"with more power and much bigger pockets than i can afford,but ive been going to castle coombe for the last 2.5 years since ive owned my S3 and never had a bad day

It was a okay day, a little dissapointing turnout though.
But then i spose the Rally day there the week before spoilet us.
Have some pics and will post soon.

mintie said:
was very suprised that yet again another lupo was quicker than me, he did have a 1.8 20v with 200+ under the bonnet
That Lupo belongs to Bill Brockbank from Badger 5. He's got a 350+bhp Ibiza which he races in the saloon car series at Combe. He would have been in the Ibiza but it's in bits as he is trying to get more power out of it to beat Keith Murray's Dialynx A4 which is in the same series. Bill is a very good driver.

missviper said:
It was a okay day, a little dissapointing turnout though.
Yeah, I agree. Interesting that some of the trade stands packed up and went home at lunchtime.

for badger 5 will you be there at the next one but this time in the yellow devil????

Mintie,Bill also has a nice S8 which is getting modded too,that will be his ring machine now the yellow beast is a full race car and not comfortable enough for the journey.Loopy lupo now has coilovers since combe too.Bill i like your style mate.LOL