Volks AutosAH Fabrications
    Grumpy Old Man

Status

Copying files to an iPad

I have some photos on my pc that I want to transfer to my iPad. When I hooked the iPad up to the pc, it showed in Windows Explorer, but when I tried copying and pasting the photos to the iPad, it wouldn't let me. Nor would it allow me to drag and drop the files.

Is there something else I need to do, or does the iPad not permit the importing of files this way?
    A4 3.0TDi SE Quattro Auto. Factory-fit: RNS-E/bluetooth; F/R parking sensors; full leather/heated front seats; cruise. Retrofit: Remap; Eibach 30mm lowering springs, RS4 RARB; MTEC drilled/grooved discs; 18" RS4 alloys; VW fan washers; Kinetic Digitizor DAB; Blackvue DR380 camera; front armrest; ambient lighting; white LED lights; autodim mirror; Cupra splitter; S-Line door blades; tints; UK pressed plates; MFSW; SDS; TPMS; LED Taillights and DRLs.

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    any copying has to be done via itunes
    just select which files (on itunes) you want on the ipad and sync
    First time is time consuming when your not sure what to do, but afterwards its simples

1st Gear

Status
    or you could always copy the files from the pc to the 'photo stream upload' folder on the pc
    Thats prob the quicker way actually

Grumpy Old Man

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by coolevilangel View Post
    any copying has to be done via itunes
    just select which files (on itunes) you want on the ipad and sync
    First time is time consuming when your not sure what to do, but afterwards its simples
    So from inside iTunes, I can browse the hard drive and select the files I want to sync to the iPad, yes?
    A4 3.0TDi SE Quattro Auto. Factory-fit: RNS-E/bluetooth; F/R parking sensors; full leather/heated front seats; cruise. Retrofit: Remap; Eibach 30mm lowering springs, RS4 RARB; MTEC drilled/grooved discs; 18" RS4 alloys; VW fan washers; Kinetic Digitizor DAB; Blackvue DR380 camera; front armrest; ambient lighting; white LED lights; autodim mirror; Cupra splitter; S-Line door blades; tints; UK pressed plates; MFSW; SDS; TPMS; LED Taillights and DRLs.

Grumpy Old Man

Status
    or you could always copy the files from the pc to the 'photo stream upload' folder on the pc
    Thats prob the quicker way actually
    Que?

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by jdp1962 View Post
    So from inside iTunes, I can browse the hard drive and select the files I want to sync to the iPad, yes?
    yes

Grumpy Old Man

Status
    yes
    Great, I'll try that tonight. Much appreciated

1st Gear

Status
    Que?
    do you have photostream set up on the pc?
    You have to install apples 'icloud' on the pc
    Do this and you can select to have a photostream upload/download' folder on the pc
    Mean that whenever you take a picture on the iphone or ipad, as soon as your connected to wifi its uploads it automatically to the pc folder (also syncs to every other device you have set up)
    so if you take a pic on the iphone, it'll show up on the ipad as well as the pc
    also same applies if you put a pic in the pc upload folder it'll show up on all devices
    pretty cool actually lol

Grumpy Old Man

Status
    do you have photostream set up on the pc?
    You have to install apples 'icloud' on the pc
    Do this and you can select to have a photostream upload/download' folder on the pc
    Mean that whenever you take a picture on the iphone or ipad, as soon as your connected to wifi its uploads it automatically to the pc folder (also syncs to every other device you have set up)
    so if you take a pic on the iphone, it'll show up on the ipad as well as the pc
    pretty cool actually lol
    I have iCloud, but not sure about Photostream. Will investigate.

1st Gear

Status
    I have iCloud, but not sure about Photostream. Will investigate.
    if you have any hassles gimme a shout

3rd Gear

Status
    get the goodreader app

you can transfer files, photos, music documents, pdfs etc over wifi from your PC to your laptop without even firing up Itunes.

I recommend it. Its quite handy for just dumping the files you need and taking you Ipad to work instead of the laptop

Grumpy Old Man

Status
    I've added the pics I wanted from iTunes.

Thanks again, Coolevilangel.

I'll investigate Photostream later, but in the meantime, I've got a more pressing problem to solve; why my replacement iPhone won't detect the bluetooth in my RNSE and pair up. Grrrr!

Grumpy Old Man

Status
    I've added the pics I wanted from iTunes.

Thanks again, Coolevilangel.

I'll investigate Photostream later, but in the meantime, I've got a more pressing problem to solve; why my replacement iPhone won't detect the bluetooth in my RNSE and pair up. Grrrr!
    And the answer is, that I was driving at the time. The car needs to be stationary. All good now.