revs 900rpm

wattie

Reaction score
hi all, im new here as only got my car last week. when I start my 3.0 tdi a5 its sitting at 900 rpm but stays there when the cars heated up, its annoying because the car can pull away from you on its on as if your pressing the gas pedal when you really want the car to slow down on its own (engine braking), 1 fault code showing up p2011 inlet manifold swirl flap bank 2. would this cause the high revs. the eml light goes on and off but the revs are at 900 for idle all the time? any ideas anyone, thanks in advance

900 rpm seems normal. My A6 3.0 idles around this.

The flap issue won't cause the revs to be higher, just increase fuel consumption.

900 rpm seems normal. My A6 3.0 idles around this.

The flap issue won't cause the revs to be higher, just increase fuel consumption.

If it's normal then when I'm in 4th gear for instance and I take my foot off the accelerator it increases speed rather than slow down.

I suggest getting the car looked at then as that ain't right.

If the revs are above 900 when I'm driving in whatever gear and I take my foot off the pedal it does slow down, and with that the revs drop.. Until they reach 900 then it ceases to slow down, my mates A6 3.0 tdi idles about 650-700. I've heard that there's a software update that can solve this, or if I purchase vague-com can I adjust the idle down a bit with it?

Get in contact with Audi and see if theres any software updates relating to your car 0800 699 888 will get you onto Customer Services, just ask if there are any recalls/updates from your reg/vin.

I think VCDS could only adjust idle on older cars.

Get in contact with Audi and see if theres any software updates relating to your car 0800 699 888 will get you onto Customer Services, just ask if there are any recalls/updates from your reg/vin.

I think VCDS could only adjust idle on older cars.

Thanks for that.. If there is any updates no doubt they will have their masks on and ready to rob me for the privelage

Any updates and/or recalls will be done free.

Ok. Will phone them Tomo. Thanks for that.