Selling a US spec camera.

quattrojames

Staff member
Reaction score
We decided to buy a new compact digital camera for Christmas, and settled on a Canon Ixus 100 - my wife found one on line for a good price and asked if she should get it, not really listening I said yes
rolleyes.gif

With some further investigation it was from a company called Bitsesizedeals - and a Google search soon revealed them as a bunch of thieves! I instantly cancelled the transaction and bought one for a fiver more from Amazon. Camera came immediately, very happy with it etc etc....

Any typically despite all the bad press Bitesizedeals came good and delivered the camera ten days later! The camera is perfectly fine, except it is a US spec Ixus 100 marked as a Powershot SD780 IS - the spec is exactly the same save for a US charger plug and adapter.

As it was cancelled some five days before dispatch I took it up with the credit card company, but to cut a (very) long story (very) short -it's not happening.

So I need to sell a US spec Ixus 100 which cost me just over £150 - It's a perfectly capable camera save the US markings which I'm thinking of advertising on a UK photographic forum to someone who knows what it is. I know there are some photographers on here, can anyone recommend a good UK camera forum, or a viable outlet to sell it?

TIA
wink.gif

Try AVforums, they have a protography section on there, otherwise best bet will pribably be Ebay

Thankyou mate, I've put it up there so we'll see what happens.

I'm trying to avoid Ebay because of the fees!

Your allowed to send it back if you ordered it over the net within a certain period (14 Days I think).

Check here: http://www.out-law.com/page-430

Although you mentioned Christmas so I think its past that point, you could put it on Ebay but after fee's and the joke called Paypal you'll not get back what you paid. :(

Why not keep it for yourself?

It was ordered on something like the 9th Dec, but we got no replies from any of our emails querying delivery date, so on the 12th we cancelled the order as the camera had not yet been dispatched (in keeping with the sites T & C's). Then on the 17th some five days after cancelling we werw notified of its despatch - I queried this with the seller, but again have never had a reply.

In the meantime we had ordered the exact same camera from Amazon which had already been delivered. I lodged a dispute through HSBC Mastercard who kept us waiting about 6 weeks before announcing they couldn't help as the seller hadn't breached the contract - despite just ignoring my order cancellation .....

Its well past the 14 days now sadly.

I already have one camera which is exactly the same, so I'm hoping to recoup as much as possible by selling this one on. Ebay is a last resort purely because of the increasingly exorbitant fees.

How much you want for it? Maybe advertise it on the forum...

I paid about £156, although it's currently listed at over £190 on Amazon!

I've tried it at £140 ono incl Special Delivery, and will go from there depending on interest.

Nice one, glad you got rid, 10% commision charge waived on this occasion :moa: