Michael Jackson - This is it

Only showing for 2 weeks and tickets go on sale a month in advance...not going to be likely by the looks of it!! LOL.

Michael Jackson was my favourite dancer.I'm a great fan of him.I have seen this before.I never missed his any show.

So this is out this week, anyone going to watch it??

Yep hopefully going to get to see this too :)

Quite looking forward to it, although not sure what to expect of it.....

I thought the film was absolutely fantastic. Great way to see a bit of MJ's personality and see the plans they had for the live shows. The music seemed to sound better than ever. Well worth seeing in the cinema too. Normally I don't mind seeing a film at home on Doovde but I can't imagine it would have been the same impact on me that way.

For any MJ fans or even ex fans (like I am I think) I would highly recommend it.

X2 ^^^

Thought it was amazing, really enjoyed it!!

More of a documentary than a film, but all the same the effects and sound was mind blowing, I have to say he was without a doubt the greatest performer of our generation!!

To say that man was ill is hard to believe as his energy and dance moves were brilliant, voice was as good as ever.

If the concerts did take place, they would have been out of this world.

Yeah for sure. After seeing his performance in that New York gig a few years back where he was a bit jerky I expected more of the same but he still had it without a doubt!

The dance scene at the end of Billie Jean was awesome!!

Have you all forgotten that he has a history of dubious interaction with children, death does not absolve a person?

death does not absolve a person?
Indeed, however the ability of the "celeb" status to warp peoples moral perceptions perplexes me. For instance, people are quite willing to go all vigilante on a lonely, defenceless old man* down the road, due to unfounded allegations by a vindictive little kid, but when it comes to a celeb with a "questionable past" (especially if the celeb subsequently dies) the same people are inexplicably overcome by a sudden bout of amnesia.

When Ian Huntley died nobody commended him on his caretaking skills!**

* No-one in particular, just an example.
** I'm not comparing MJ to a convicted child killer, and I certainly don't want to get into an argument about his innocence or lack thereof, I'm just merely trying to highlight the hypocrisy of peoples attitudes when it comes to celebrities versus "normal" people.