Audi Vehicle Check ?

Spy

Carmaniac
Reaction score
Hi all,

I am looking to buy a secondhand A4 Cabriolet for my wife.
This will be our first Audi and ahving test driven a couple, we have both been pleasantly surprised by the build quality and driving enjoyment the car has to offer.

In the past, I have bought and owned a number of BMWs.
BMW offer a service where you can call their customer services and enquire about a car's spec and history.

You provide them with the vehicle's registration number and using their central database, they can tell you:
- the exact factory spec of the specific model i.e. the list of options added to the car when bought
- the service history of the car i.e the mileage, date and which dealer it had visited

This has been extremely valuable in determining the if an ad is correctly specifying a vehicle and also provides an independent verification of the mileage and care a vehicle has received.

Does anyone know if Audi provide a similar service ?

Hello and welcome ;)

I have never done it, but I believe if you go into the dealer they should offer that service to you also.

Hello and welcome ;)

I have never done it, but I believe if you go into the dealer they should offer that service to you also.

Thanks. Do you know if Audi UK (centrally) can do this or do I need to visit a dealer ?

If it is just a dealer visit, will they have access to national records for a car or just the ones they have serviced ?

Thanks. Do you know if Audi UK (centrally) can do this or do I need to visit a dealer ?

If it is just a dealer visit, will they have access to national records for a car or just the ones they have serviced ?

Any dealer should be able to tell you!

I imagine they would all use the same computer system, but whether you need to ring a dealer or Audi UK I don't know.

I contacted Glasgow Audi in relation to my A3 when I bought it last month. I already had dealings with them when I was looking to buy from them however their sales department were disappointing to say the least. Anyway eventually bought from a local (non audi) garage however AUDI servicing at Glasgow were very helpful (spoke to Scott) even though the car was bought from Newcastle AUDI. He could access everything about the car chassis no./Reg./servicing/repairs etc. and was more than helfpul. Didn't ask about the Spec though he could obviously tell me the model. I had a few questions which they were more than happy to answer. Don't know if its because they thought they were going to be getting the servicing etc. from it or not but I was certainly impressed with Scott to the extent I'll probs go there for the servicing whilst its still in warranty even though its not my nearest dealer.