Who uses GermanEbay?

Foxmeister

Fired Up!
Reaction score
Does anybody use the German Ebay for parts etc, and is there a translation to use it in English?

I'm pretty sure there's a few users on here who goes trawling through the German Fleabay, just use a translater like Babelfish(there's probably a better translater out these days) to see what the description is.

I've used it, often even with the poor exchange rate & larger postage things can still be cheaper.

I've used it, often even with the poor exchange rate & larger postage things can still be cheaper.

Funny enough we were looking on there last night for a S3 grille. We used google to translate. Always make sure you use limited search terms so as not to confuse it! We typed in S3 and it came up with all mannor of things bikes, cameras the lot but u can obviously tell by the pics its not what you want!!

Also if you ask any sellers questions translate the question into German(using google) as well as English. I think is just the polite thing to do and your more likely to get a response. Usually they wilL answer in English all be it broken or short.

shipping is not as expensive as you think, It is much the same as shipping from the UK. And TBH with the resession the way it is and the cost of the EURO-POUND you will probally save a bit anyway!!!

Good luck :)

Thanks for the info guys!

I see other people must be having issues with multiple posts aswell as me! lol

I've bought a steering wheel off it, the seller was very nice and the postage wasn't all that bad either.

I used the German E-bay to buy the Bluetooth module & cabling for my RNS-e, cos it seems hardly any UK specification cars had the bluetooth module fitted due to Audi charging extortionate rates for this optional extra so hardly any available for a reasonable price in the UK .....biggest problem is that most German people using the German E-bay dont like using Paypal....they prefer direct bank transfers....I am lucky though as I work with Germans who can translate for me...and have offered to pay the German vendor for me and I pay them.
For my Bluetooth module, I managed to convince the German seller (via a Bable translator) to increase his postage costs to cover the Paypal costs..so no problems....only thing I did worry about was that I was going to get stitched up with a faulty item....fortunantly it works brilliantly !

Lastly the current (April 2009) exchange rate is bl**dy awful !