I'M BACK

dgannon

Dolphin Grey 2007 S3
Reaction score
Hi guys,

just thought i'd say hi again after leaving audi a couple of years ago for a BMW 330cd msport coupe...

I have to say moving manufacturer to BMW is the biggest mistake of my life! after the above going wrong numerous times and countless visits to the dealers i finally got a BMW UK contribution of 2.5k towards my next BMW :(

so i bought a 330i msport auto (08 model) and after owning it for 1 hour i realised it was another pile of crap (new steering rack and 3 new wheels - it was 10 months old and had done 5k miles!!!)

Finally after plenty of trying to reject the car and threataning legal action, i got no where and don't have the energy of spare cash to challege the likes of BMW in court.

I've just got a 2007 Dolphin Grey S3 and have only driven it today but can safely say i'm alreaady 10 times as happy with this as the BMW's! :)

Anyway, good to be back...

Dave

Good choice mate :)
Sorry to hear about all the problems you have had.
But at least you have a really nice car now
any photos?

Ashley

Welcome back Dave......See what happens when you go to the darkside...

Oh well you learn from your mistakes. Good luck with the car, and get some pics up, will be good to see.

Thanks mate,

The problems were unfortunate, a few down to a remap company near to me which i won't mention... however i'm not the only bmw owner who had issues with their map!!!

Yeh, will get some pics up soon, want to give it a good wax with some concours on the weekend if the weather is up to it....

Ahh never go back to that company then!!! Have you complained to them about this?

What were the problems with your bmw if you dont mind me asking?
how you finding the s3? And what do you prefer BMW 330cd msport coupe or s3?

Ashley

Yeh, they were aware i wasn't happy but i left it at that and just will make sure i and anyone i know don't use them again!!

the 330cd had hesitation problems - almost as if the turbo had packed in even though you could hear it :think:

BMW could never fault this so it never got sorted out and the remap place also couldnt work out what it was.

It also would randomly cut out ay junctions and traffic lights etc... dangerous.

When it worked with the remap it was a fantastic car ...160mph+

S3 is far better... just because its an s3 :)

Dave

Nice choice of car and great colour:yum:

Which tuner was it, just to strike them from my list of people not to visit
PM if you wish

Welcome back, sounds like a pretty bad experience you had there, surely a 330 BMW of any sort is classed as desireable, but an Audi S3 is not too shabby neither! :racer:

thanks guys,

i have a friend who's just bought a mint 2002 S3 Dolphin grey too so will be getting him on here too soon..

Dave