Weight Loss

JohnboyC

Reaction score
I used to be a lardy 17.5 stone (at least)...now down to around 14 stone......well chuffed is me...with half a stone to go...started in mid Feb 08....now at end of July I have hit my original target weight of 90Kg....(being 6ft 1" tall)

How did I do it, I used stuff called Herbalife Formula 1 ......one shake in morning, one in evening and a proper meal (i.e. no sh*te) at lunchtime....I have lived on salads...a couple of beers (real ale) a week, and the occasional curry....no longer a slave to it...but NOT reverting to bags of minstrels, wine gums and Jelly babies any more - and I mean scoffing the big bags

One great advantage is my blood pressure has dropped significantly.........

Chuffed - you bet I am !:beerchug:

Hi Lottie....yes, I am MEGA proud of myself....

I have a huge salad at lunchtime.....chicken, smoked mackarel, Cottage Cheese, small amount of real strong cheddar (slurp)...I always stick in some chillies (notto hot) to liven it up.....we grow our own tomatoes & lettuce....its great !

You have to make the salads interesting, otherwise you get bored with them.....its takes me 5 mins to make up a big box of salad before I go to work....
I avoid any bread, but I forgot to mention i eat shedloads of fruit...

I HATE going to bed ona full stomach..so have shake in the evening......

I have had to be really focussed on this diet and exercise a lot of will power......its fab when you see your waistline go down from a really tight 38" waist to a loose 36" waist....(or probably less now)

I go to the gym twice a week, and sometimes do a 2.5 mile walk at lunchtimes cos I am in real sedentary job sitting on my ar*e all day !

Forgot to mention, I do drink a fair bit of water.....but one of the best things is at work people are amazed at the difference in me......and its motivated others to lose a load of weight as well...

We have a team weigh in every friday morning (Fat Club) and we all plot our weights inan excel spread sheet...........keeps you focussed !

There is also a pie club....and they all belong to the fat club.....needless to say I dont eat the pies !

A big well done and keep up the hard work - the rewards are great. Now enjoy your new body

Well, the bad news is that a 550 gram tub of the shake is usually £25.....but I found a chap on e-bay who sells it for £16......which includes postage......PM me if you would like his details........

Hey Kiteyboy....thats great !
I just need to find the time to get into spinning classes and get to the gym more often.....

What saddens me tho...is that back in the early 70's if you check out your class pictures, look how thin we all were as kids. (I am 47 now).....you wander around your local supermarket now.....and some of the kids are bl**dy massive.....hardest thing they do is probably switching on their Gameboys, or getting up to get the TV remote...whilst their parents continally fill their kids faces full of sh*te....

OK, I've noticed that you guys are slightly older than me, I need not to worry then lol.

Actually, I need to lose a few pounds to fit into my suit for weddings on the 1st and 2nd of next month, gonna give the slimfast milkshakes a go for a month.

hows the slimfast drinking going Joe?

In January 08 I was 25 stone, by diet alone no shakes, no gimmicks, I am now....

19 stone!

by Christmas I will be 17 Stone

just eat less exercise more, and cut back on the beer!

I was 14.5 stone before christmas (6ft 1 ish and 23 years old) i changed my diet. Ate a lot of protein and cut out chocolate and coke completely. Now i'm a steady 13 stone and have grown some muscle from the added protein. Could do with joining a gym but i know i would just perv at the totty if i did lol.

In January 08 I was 25 stone, by diet alone no shakes, no gimmicks, I am now....

19 stone!

by Christmas I will be 17 Stone

just eat less exercise more, and cut back on the beer!

nice one Andy good to hear success stories