Proud ????

ChuckH

Reaction score
Michael Richards better known as Kramer from TV's Seinfeld, does make a good point.

This was his defense speech in court after making racial comments in his comedy act. He makes some very interesting points.

Proud To Be White

Someone finally said it.
How many are actually paying attention to this?

There are African Americans, Mexican Americans,
Asian Americans, Arab Americans, etc.
And then there are just Americans.

You pass me on the street and sneer in my direction.
You Call me 'White boy,' 'Cracker,' 'Honkey,'
'Whitey,' 'Caveman' ... and that's OK.

But when I call you, Nigger, Kike, Towel head,
Sand-nigger, Camel Jockey, Beaner, Gook, or Chink .
You call me a racist.

You say that whites commit a lot of violence against you,
so why are the ghettos the most dangerous places to live?

You have the United Negro College Fund.
You have Martin Luther King Day.
You have Black History Month.
You have Cesar Chavez Day.
You have Yom Hashoah .
You have Ma'uled Al-Nabi.
You have the NAACP.
You have BET.
If we had WET (White Entertainment Television) we'd be racists.
If we had a White Pride Day, you would call us racists.
If we had White History Month , we'd be racists.
If we had any organization for only whites to 'advance'
OUR lives we'd be racists.

We have a Hispanic Chamber of Commerce, a Black Chamber
of Commerce, and then we just have the plain Chamber of Commerce.
Wonder who pays for that?

A white woman could not be in the Miss Black American
pageant, but any color can be in the Miss America pageant.

If we had a college fund that only gave white students
scholarships you know we'd be racists.
There are over 60 openly proclaimed Black Colleges
in the US. Yet if there were 'White colleges' THAT
would be a racist college.

In the Million Man March, you believed that you were
marching for your race and rights. If we marched for
our race and rights, you would call us racists.

You are proud to be black, brown, yellow and orange, and
you're not afraid to announce it. But when we announce
our white pride, you call us racists.

You rob us, carjack us, and shoot at us. But, when a
white police officer shoots a black gang member or beats
up a black drug-dealer running from the law and posing a
threat to society, you call him a racist.

I am proud.
But you call me a racist.

Why is it that only whites can be racists?

I've got a few things to say, firstly this is what Michael Richards actually said:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-T7uKvpzVXI

And for his 'apology' to then contain this line

"You rob us, carjack us, and shoot at us"

Is quite amazing.

Also, it always make me laugh to hear white people in England say that they are treated as second class citizens! Try being a minority, then you will see the true meaning of second class fellas!

I don't want to start a row or anything, i just had to get it off my chest :)

IH786 said:
Also, it always make me laugh to hear white people in England say that they are treated as second class citizens! Try being a minority, then you will see the true meaning of second class fellas!
You wanna get in touch with McCains mate they'll pay a fortune for that on your shoulder

I'm not going to disect what was said, what disgusts me and how; I don't even really want to become entangled in a discussion or debate about it. If people agree or disagree with my thoughts that's up to them. I can't promise to reply, but I can promise my mind won't change.

I'll simply be a little more philosopical about it all.

Regardless of who is doing it, talking about 'us' and 'them' is always getting off to a bad start in my opinion.

If you meet someone on the street who is wearing only one sock, and they do you a disservice, is it fair to form an opinion of anyone else who wears only one sock based on this encounter? Likewise, is it fair to form an opinion of any person or group as a whole based on one attribute they may share with another?

People can be wonderful regardless of things they have in common with others. They can also be abominable regardless of things they have in common with others.

If half as much effort went into putting differences aside as is put into highlighting them, and persecuting based upon them, the world would be a much nicer place to live.

I prefer to judge individuals, one at a time.

Regards,

Rob.

If he was drunk he could have done what Mel Gibson did and say that they were all overreacting and demand and appologie back from everyone!

Vorhees, I dunno how you manage it with every post but qualilty mate! ;)

Its all well and good saying about minorities and that, but the majority certainly dont get favoured by the law. My friend who happens to be white was down the pub having a few drinks, he got into an argument with another lad who happened to be of african descent. Things escallated and the other lad swung for my mate, my mate hit back and he is the one that ended up being charged with a racial assult when there was nothing of the kind, was just two people having a disagreement. Now thats just madness.

worst thing to be is a white, English middle aged man on a average wage, your dammed if you do and dammed if you dont.

but agrre with Faction one take everyone as they come evryone can be ok as they can be not ok.

voorhees said:
You wanna get in touch with McCains mate they'll pay a fortune for that on your shoulder

Just telling you how it is mate! Its not easy being a young asian and a muslim, trust me!

I blame the media for most of it. I agree with FactionOne, if everbody judged people individually rather than collectively, life would be soo much better :yes:

IH786 said:

Try living in certain area of northern towns. When I go home to see my parents I am a minority !!!!!!

and I'm White

IH786 said:
I blame the media for most of it. I agree with FactionOne, if everbody judged people individually rather than collectively, life would be soo much better :yes:

Don't blaim the media..... blaim your co-horts.

No.... I'm going to try and keep this nice and try and have a discussion with you so I can try and show you the other side of the story.

I'm not going to talk about extremism etc, i'm talking about simple stuff like respect for others, crime etc.

Should I start or is the chip firmly in place ?

there's a difference between being proud and being racist.

To be honest, I find all these political correctness incorrect, wrong etc...

I am a Mauritian here, not white, not black..but fair skin. I was shouted at work by a 'white' guy the first time I said that some stuff needed to be painted black...he corrected and said I should say dark colour. I asked why, and he said that could be considered racist. I mean...WTF? balck is a colour, tone or whatever it is...this is what I learnt from young age...lol

should not say blackboard...or Ba Ba black sheep should not be taught...no England flag with the cross in some councils etc... WTF?

It's partly true what he said. but there is also a difference between religion and colour. This has been mixed in Richards 'funny' statement. he started with a statement about colour and continued with something about religion.
IH786, don't get me wrong: but someone who is not born here or born from 'immigrant/foreigners' are second class citizens, even though British BUT they have the same legal rights.

I come from a multi racial/cultural country and trust me, the minority of 'whites' in my country are classed, not even as second but as third class racist citizens and ironically, they are the ones that have all the major busnisses in the country and play a big part in the economy. They are not that bothered by what the masses think about them and they are the ones that are more easily accessible, friendly and do charities...

It's not about the skin colour, it's about the person.

:respekt:all

PS, after 3 years in this country, I can clearly see and say who is racist and who is not.....I can't say it here, as I might be called a racist..LOL

auroan, fair point mate. If you want to talk only about crime and respect, then once again you must see that we cannot generalise, which is exactly what Michael Richards did in his 'apology' to his already disgusting outburst.

I suppose the point i was trying to made is that many people DO generalise, not just on colour, but religion too.

And no, i don't think i have a chip on my shoulder! But now you mention it, i do keep aggravating it whenever i'm at the gym, maybe that what was causing it all along!

And now i must leave you, to go the gym..............

Ive travelled a fair bit, can honestly say with all its faults this country is one of the most tolerant and least racist there is, sure theres bad people on both sides that let society down, for every young brainwashed Muslim lad theres an adidas wearing brainless gobby chav on a street corner somewhere who hasnt the foggiest idea of other religons or cultures or some single mother milking the system giving it the old "but I like children" yeah sure kiddo have a nice life... (btw, Ive never met a asian single mother)

Kick out the illegals, bring back national service (most Scandinavian and East European countrys have this, seems to work), 3 strikes and your out harsh as **** prison sentences for all the drug dealers, car thieves, kids with guns and look after the old people.

Oh and anyone with more than two homes should be taxed heavily.