Split up with my long term girlfriend

Caesium

My BM is fixed!
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
as the title says, and it sucks! Never realised how difficult it is to be without what you're used to. Got to find a new place, what a pain in the **** that is.

Feel your pain matey - happened to me just over 3 years ago, although it was me that started the seperation, not sure in your case.

I actually looked at it as a reason to do a load more things, give up smoking/drinking, see friends more, take up new hobbies I had always wanted to do etc.

Best of luck matey!

I think what outlore's said is good advice. Happened to my mate a few months back. He kept himself busy an not thought about her and now she wants him back lol.

This happened to me not too long ago, after being with a French bird for nearly 3 years, so know exactly where you're coming from. Not going to insult your intelligence by giving you all the corny "There's plenty more fish..." lines but it will (slowly) get easier...

I've discovered a whole new bunch of great mates, I changed my job, started doing what I love again (DJing, I stopped working at night for my ex!), I bought myself an A4 (that helped a lot!! :)). Not really met anyone else thats 'inspired' me in the same way my ex did (they seem a bit thin on the ground in Stoke/Newcastle) so I'm just enjoying being single for a bit. I'm sure I'll meet someone special again but I'm not rushing into anything or particularly looking for it either.

I miss having someone close, and still miss my ex I guess, but if you've got good mates they help a lot (although they can't help with everything but that's why god invented booze and ugly women! ;)). Try not to dwell on it and I'm sure you'll be fine.

Chin up!

Sorry to hear this A4Q, i think we've all been in this place, just keep busy dude.

jhtn94l.jpg

Sorry to her that Chris. Is there any chance of you two geting back together at all?

feel for you mate....... just been through a 7 month legal battle with my ex.... ive lost my house and a considerable amount of money but bizzarely enough i couldnt be happier now..... chin up ! it will get easier fella just takes a bit of time :icon_thumright:

Been there dude :(

Was with my ex for 5 years, and then she went off with my best mate!!!! Lost my girlfriend, my best mate, my flat, my car, my job all in one week.

I fell to pieces and decided that I'd never find another suitable girl again. A year later, I met Rachel, and we've been together 11 years, we moved 300 miles south, and now we have 2 lovely boys and a house etc.

It's amazing you your luck may change matey ;)

Awww Chris! so sorry to hear that :crying: its not nice at all.

But remember? you gave me strength when I was falling to pieces. I hope I can help you back.

p.s. ASN are all here for you too :icon_thumright:

Sorry to hear that A4, I split up with my g/f last month after 20 years together.Not only that but I have had to start all over again!! Which as you know is a right pain. You will find all your mates are there for you though, which has been a great help for me.
Hope it all goes ok for you

I'm sure Ming Blue will be happy to hear that . ;)

SonicDeathmonkey said:
Women eh? Can't live with them and it's still illegal to shove them out of a fast moving car...
Not where I'm from :eyebrows:

Chris,I had ten years and it all went tits up and had to find a place and world seemed **** but have to say my mates held me together and my old man (god bless him)...look on the bright side 'plenty more trouts in the canal' don't try finding solace in a beer glass its not the answer but hit it head on and ignore the 'you'll get over it ' thing what people say and just get your head together mate

Hey thought i'd give a girls opinion...............all that is needed is time, to get over, to ajust, to move on.

The **** time only lasts for so long its just a case of getting through it....so when your feeling pants just remind yourself everyone gets hurt and you wont feel like this forever. Be careful for rebound fumbles..........dont grasp at something new just because you want to replace something you've lost.

New partners are not replacements. they are something completely new!

Wah hey I'm good for 23 eh!

(I've been hurt alot)

i split with my ex 6yrs ago. her doing. it absolutely destroyed me. had to move out and start from scratch etc.

3mths later met my now wife and we've never looked back! i'm happier, ex is happier, lad is happier! was v crap for 6mths or so, but it will work itself out!

I am just seperated from my wife of 16 years, all i have is my PC ,clothes,and my A4. She wont let me see the kids is waht hurts most.

Chin up mate Life now begins mate

Byzan A4 said:
I am just seperated from my wife of 16 years, all i have is my PC ,clothes,and my A4. She wont let me see the kids is waht hurts most.

Chin up mate Life now begins mate

Yeah, the kids part really sucks. Luckily for me, we are still quite amicable where the boys are concerned. Of course, it helps that she relies on me as her main source of income. Do yourself a favour - if you are currently not paying maintenance, make sure you put aside the required amount every month into an account which you do not touch - when you go to court etc, show them the statement showing that you have put the money aside, even though you have not seen the children - and if you are paying, never pay in cash, always use a method which allows you to prove that you have paid....

Glad i don't have to go through all that.
I have contacted the other half and she has told me to give her some space, hopefully I can apologise enough for her to accept that I may be better in future.

Sorry to hear your bad news Chris

About 4 years ago i split up with my wife of 6 years (got married young!!) and i thought my life was over was totally in the same boat i had nothing but all the debt and my car ...I had to start again and get a new life for myself ....It was very hard but i did it and so can you ......Please dont fool yourself over getting back with your ex unless you are totally sure ..it takes 2 people to make a relationship work not 1 making the other happy so they stay with them, as allot of people do !!.......If it does not work out think of the positives from it you live and learn from your mistakes....you will have a chance of making a new life for yourself which probably does not sound good now but 6 months on will

Be honest with yourself and her

All the best mate