Is this a fraud from Paypal ? ?

Reaction score
Alright guys,

never seen this before and was wodnering if anyone else had seen this. I sold an item on ebay and got a reciept e-mail from paypal saying that once the item was sent and the tracking no. had been given to them then they would credit my account as below:

This PayPal® payment has been deducted from the buyer's account and has been "APPROVED" but will not be credited to your account until the shipment reference/tracking number is sent to us for shipment verification so as to secure both the buyer andthe seller. Below are the necessary information requested before your account will be credited. Send tracking number to us or email us through this mail javascript:ol('http://mail01.mail.c....net&composecc=&subject=&body=');shipmentreference@accountant.com and our customer service care will attend to you. As soon as you send us the shipment's tracking number to us for security purposes and the safety of the buyer and the seller,the money will be credited to your account.

**PLEASE NOTE**
Once shipment has been verified and the tracking number sent to us,You will receive a "CONFIRMATION Email" from PayPal®informing you that the Money has been credited.
Note: The shipment's tracking number should be sent to our customer attendant ( shipmentreference@accountant.com) within the next 12 hours so that your account can be creditted instantly or your account will be limited .
Thank you for using PayPal!
The PayPal Team

Anyone ever seen this or could I be looking at a fraudster ?

cheers,

G.

Grammer Bad, classic sign, never fails.

should be "Send THE Tracking number"

and then this one:

"and our customer service care will attend to you" bad translation.

report it to paypal and the seller to Ebay unless you know it's nothing to do with him.

I would not ship anything until the payment was clear anyway, steer clear.

Sent the E-Mail to paypal.

confirmed it as as a false transaction ID code. tell you what though, the E-mail looked genuine so lucky I didn't do anything daft.

beware folks if you see the above ! !

These scammers are thinking up more ever more cunning ways to trick people.

Paypal have a solid system in place, sure there is a risk when someone credits money to another account but paypal act as an adjudicator, if there;s a despute they sort it out. Hence why they don't hold fund in that way.

Any queries with paypal then log on to the website which will tell you the lowdown,ignore any emails