Dublin

Nigma

Yakshimash!
Reaction score
Website
www.gcp-tech.co.uk
Hi guys,

I'm going to Dublin this weekend for my stag do. We're staying just off Capel Street.

Are there any good bars, pubs & clubs that people recommend?... Want a fairly young crowd with reasonable drink prices.
Also, what things are there to do (other than sleep off the beer) during the day ?

Thanks Anand

Having spent the last 2 years pretty much living down there at the weekends its pretty safe to say that you wont get reasonable drink prices, once paid €12 for a vodka and redbull.

Loads of bars and clubs in that area, and you're pretty much in the centre of temple bar.

Do the Guinness brewery tour, its decent, or go to Dundrum shopping centre, in South Dublin. Biggest in Europe and jam packed with decent places to get kitted out for a night out. £ to € can be quite advantageous at times.

Just one thing Anand, from what I've heard some Dublin nightspots restrict the numbers of stag/hen parties from entering their premises, presumably to prevent trouble. Haven't been there myself but a work colleague was telling me about his. I think they had to split into smaller groups to "sneak" through. Might be different nowadays though.

Notice you're from Cambridge - by coincidence I was there all day last Saturday for a mate's stag day/night! Not a bad place for a drink-up, although I was sober because I was driving a minibus! Tried to park in the Queen Anne multi-storey, until we realised that with the huge roof-rack the Transit wouldn't fit! Wound up in the Ballare nightclub at the end of the night which wasn't a bad venue at all.

No no, its a wise move to break into groups of 2 or 3 and join the queues at different times.

Thanks for the advice. I think it generally a problem everywhere for a large group of guys to have trouble getting in together.
Defo shall do the Guiness tour... just to get my fresh pint.

Cambridge can be a good night out, but there are very few select places that are any good. Turns out that Ballare is on the better places. Soul Tree is prob the best in my opinion.