Scuff on rear bumper

Caesium

My BM is fixed!
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
had a close encounter with a very small concrete bollard today and its scuffed my rear bumper, any tips on how to repair it? its gone through the paint and into the material of the bumper, so ideally I suppose i'd need to rub the area down and filler it then re-spray?

TDI said:
someone like chipsAway?

Crap!!

had a close encounter with a very small concrete bollard today and its scuffed my rear bumper, any tips on how to repair it? its gone through the paint and into the material of the bumper, so ideally I suppose i'd need to rub the area down and filler it then re-spray?

Where are you based?

I had a similar issue with my bumper. Not worth going to a bodyshop but significant enough to spoil the car. I just rubbed it down very carefully keeping tight to the scratches, tiny amount of filler and then masked it off really tight to the offending area, and with each coat moved the masking away from the area slightly so as to minimise the new/old paint join.
Then used alot of Tcut to erradicate the overspray. Then used the same technique with the lacquer. It's the lacquer coat that makes all the difference as this is the glossy coat that needs to blend as it will catch the light. It was a real bodgey technique (I'm no pro on paint jobs) but worked really well and saved me a couple of hundred quid for 2 hours work and was surprisingly satisfying.

I'd ask Marmite but he's out on a blag. :ninja:

The get away will be quite rapid too.

A4Quattro said:
Just to add to this, Ive done the same thing a little while back but it scuffed the top of my bumper and the lower bumper which is the grey bit on the A4. Anyone know how I would get a paint match for the grey lower bits on the A4?

Cheers :)