What happened ?

Nah.......... You can't beat a good bit of doom and gloom,,, together with a healthy dose of paranoia...... It's what makes the World go round,,, isn't it????

Can't see the need for threads like that on a car based forum.

I'm all for banter and diversity, but that subject always ends in tears, and is probably best discussed down the pub ;)

Anyway,.........................HAPPY DAYS!!!!!!

yippee.jpg

I dunno, this is the 'general chat' section DG....I think a good ol' hum dinger can be a good thing,,,, provided everyone retains a 'level head'!!

Anyway, I guess an important consideration is did he remove it of his own volition,,,,,, or has freedom of speech been subverted on audi-sport.......??:shrug:

free speech hasnt been subverted on ASN, I was just getting sick and tired of his posts, he seems to use this site, a car site of all places to vent his racist views.

I have however, kept the joke about the letterbox thing, as it is in the joke section :)

Just Plain Old said:
I dunno, this is the 'general chat' section DG....I think a good ol' hum dinger can be a good thing,,,, provided everyone retains a 'level head'!!

Yeah, I love a good old mindless hum dinger my self, whether it's to do with Ughandan politics or Bodyform Vs Tampax, but the subject in question is started every week or so on car forums, and just goes round in circles until sombody starts crying/becomes livid.

I'm all for free-speech, but when the same subject gets repeated time after time after time, I get a little bored, and I don't think it does a car forum a tremendous amount of good.

It's a fine line for any admin/moderator to intervine in a thread or not, and despite the general freedom of speech element (that's upheld 99% of the time on here thankfully), there are exceptional times where they have to weigh up what's best for the site's morale and atmosphere,.................and that's exactly what Olly did ;)

Dan Gliballs said:
Yeah, I love a good old mindless hum dinger my self, whether it's to do with Ughandan politics or Bodyform Vs Tampax, but the subject in question is started every week or so on car forums, and just goes round in circles until sombody starts crying/becomes livid.

I'm all for free-speech, but when the same subject gets repeated time after time after time, I get a little bored, and I don't think it does a car forum a tremendous amount of good.

It's a fine line for any admin/moderator to intervine in a thread or not, and despite the general freedom of speech element (that's upheld 99% of the time on here thankfully), there are exceptional times where they have to weigh up what's best for the site's morale and atmosphere,.................and that's exactlt what Olly did ;)

asked a few girls in the office and they all go for tampax.

:end_of_discction:

in hindsight, maybe I should've moved it to the rants section, but he does only seem to post things like that, never about anything else

WHOOOOOAAAAAOOOOOOOHH BODYFOR-OORMMMMM, body forrrrrrrrrrm forrr me!!!

john2garden said:
That looks like a friggin stick of dynamite!!

Was reading about Joan Collins, and apparently at the end of the month she has to wrap cotton-wool round a ****** rollin pin.

Olly_K said:
free speech hasnt been subverted on ASN, I was just getting sick and tired of his posts, he seems to use this site, a car site of all places to vent his racist views.

I know this site isn't a democracy, and we all accept that. But. Just because a subject is deemed 'racist' (what exactly does racist mean BTW) that doesn't mean it isn't worthy of debate, and 'shouldn't' under any circumstances be debated? After all if free speech is stifled that can only lead to intolerance on all sides,,, the consequences of which will be far worse than open and honest debate!!

Olly_K said:
I have however, kept the joke about the letterbox thing, as it is in the joke section :)

Well I suppose it was quite amusing,, even though it took silver75 three days to get it!!

Hi i tried logging in tonight with my old user name of " are we there yet " and was informed that i was banned for ever, i know i'll get banned again today but i think it was AMB276 that posted the offensive post, and i would have deleted it myself and banned a user for posting such a post as it was inciting racial hatred rather than a debate, and that is the reason i did not post anything at all in that thread, i state again that i did not think it was a worthy post for any kind of forum be it a car one or any other kind of forum.

I kept my nose clean and only posted one dodgy post whilst under the user name of are we there yet, IE the letterbox post, saying that though the post is still on the site and is also in the joke section posted by someone else, and that joke can be viewed on most other forums that you may visit.

I just wanted to put my side over, and thanks for taking the time to read this post.

Onlyme, It's because you are bainsyboy........I have already reported you to AOL, who, which, will hopefully, block this site at their end so you cannot even access it.

TDI-line said:
I go away for 2 days and miss everything.:notme:

Just the usual lamers with too much time on their hands mate, nothing to worry about. All forums need at least one forum idiot, we just have a few more !

What you trying to say about TDI-Line is he the village idiot..........lol

LOL, actually we only had the 1 as far as I can tell !

Olly k yes i am bainsyboy, but with the user name of are we there yet i kept my nose clean and respected your site and your rules, if any of my posts were below AS standards then surely a moderator would have informed me of such, i then could have argued knowing that i would get a ban or thought that maybe i was out of order and edited, deleted the offending thread, of which i did not post under the user name of are we there yet.

As the user are we there yet my ban banner that appears when you post was on 100% safe, with no warnings, and then because some one posts a thread of which i did read and not respond to because i did not agree with, i get banned, which just because you and I have not seen eye to eye, clash of personalities perhaps, is a little extreme in my eyes.

I wish you all the best with this site.

there is no clash of personalities mate, but registering again after you have been banned just defeats the point of the ban doesnt it ?

thats why you have been banned again (and again)

I'll let you stay mate this time, against the protest of other mods and members, as like you say as long as you keep your nose clean you'll be ok !

Onlyme said:
Olly k yes i am bainsyboy, but with the user name of are we there yet i kept my nose clean and respected your site and your rules, if any of my posts were below AS standards then surely a moderator would have informed me of such, i then could have argued knowing that i would get a ban or thought that maybe i was out of order and edited, deleted the offending thread, of which i did not post under the user name of are we there yet.

As the user are we there yet my ban banner that appears when you post was on 100% safe, with no warnings, and then because some one posts a thread of which i did read and not respond to because i did not agree with, i get banned, which just because you and I have not seen eye to eye, clash of personalities perhaps, is a little extreme in my eyes.

I wish you all the best with this site.

welcome back! :)

So Bainsyboy's back ehh?? [it won't last]

I think this calls for a celebration,,,,,,,,, maybe I'll go and 'fire up' a Cross......:laugh:

Welcome back ........lets hope there is no unrest in AS galaxy for a long time to come and we can be all big and grown up when it comes to sensitive subjects

:beerchug: