can we have the old site back please

B

bainsyboy

I know it takes a lot of effort etc to run a web site, but i prefer the old site i could see exactly which threads had new postings in.

Also i might be wrong here, do you not feel by not warning anyone of the fact that audi-sport was going off line and changing you have lost a lot of members.

7 or 14 will surfice if your that childish, personally though i prefered the old Audi-sport and if it wasnt broken why try to fix it.

thats a bit harsh to be fair.

in defense, the old site did look a bit bum and dated. However, i'd agree that it was easier to see older new posts. Perhaps re-instate the function to see all new posts in xx hours or xx days?

You will get use to this new format over time, it's a good forum programme usd by many :)

It was broken and couldn't be fixed.. But we take you points on board and will see what can be done. As with any change there is always going to be a bedding in period. Please hang on in there this is going to only get better..

Mny thanks

I must say - I think I preferred the layout of the old site, but hey - this thing is free and you guys do all your stuff for nothing, so we'll just get used to it.

Keep it up, and thanks :)

Cheers outlore, bainsyboy, the reason there was no warning was because it suddenly broke and couldnt be fixed.

And yes, you are totally wrong, we have have 10 new registered members in the last 3 days.

If you click NEW POSTS on the NAV BAR at the top, it will give you the posts with new replies in, however old. It called "active topics"

I suggest you ask questions in the site suggestions/helpline forum about the new forum FIRST before jumping and and questioning the HARD WORK AND EFFORT we have put in to keep this running

Bainsy, just think of all the hot babes you can put on your sig pics, a move forward ah?

i think its alot better. The old site was, well old. Desperately needed a freshen up.

I think the new format is a lot better and more up to date!

Well done Guys. Im a new meber but intend to be posting a lot more

I must admit that i was a bit worried when the site went down, I thought that work had clamped down on me.

I like the new look, it'll take a bit of getting used to but it looks a lot more up to date and there seems to be several new forums created from members suggestions which i'm sure will add to the quality of the site

Keep up the good work guys

Mike

I quite like the new site and getting used to it quite quickly.

Dial-up, Dial-up, I'm sure i've heard of it....

arthurfuxake said:
People still have dial-up???????

I know - still stuck in the dark ages. Just never got around to upgrading. Moving house soon though and getting it all set up with a wireless network :)

Have you a sinclair spectrum with the dial-up?

Olly_K Fair comment didnt mean any offence but look at it this way im getting burned down in flames BUT while im burning you can see what others think on the new look.

Anyway im not moaning as i got caught on motorway doing 109.98 mph and recived today in court 6 points £385 fine BUT NO BAN, so like u2 say its a beautifull day.

brainsyboy I had the same knee jerk reaction, though wtf have they done to the original ASNet? I think it was shock as I thought the site was gone for good as I was using an old bookmark.

Now I see the site is looking a lot better but I'm still getting used to the new way of navigating around. I suppose a change is as good as holiday,
so in fairness it is somewhat better imo.

Some of us are stuck on dial up because of d@mn fibre optic TPON lines that won't take braodband. Grrr. You can turn of avatars & signatures in options and that speeds up the site loads.

Mike

bainsyboy said:
Anyway im not moaning as i got caught on motorway doing 109.98 mph and recived today in court 6 points £385 fine BUT NO BAN, so like u2 say its a beautifull day.

Not bad that is lucky!
My cous was doing 111 mph, got 2 week ban which means you get no points and a £400 fine!

I never saw the old site but i think it looks fab, good work all mods and admin!!

Bainsy, as you've had a bad lucky day, this oldie may cheer you up bud.

rides_06.jpg

i'd still take the car.
She has a face like a smacked ****.
Nothing a paper bag cant sort out though :p

TDI cheers mate, personally i think ive had a very lucky day, not sure if the other post was a wind up as after reading loads of stuff they all say you will definately get upto 6 points but the ban will be down to the judge

cool, got some mods coming to the gallery, not happy with the 1 image on the main page, so i may do 2 rows of 5 smaller images.
Its all hardcode so it takes a while !

kiren_1981 said:
Yes she is not the most attractive of ladies.

Olly_K so are you saying you would if she had a paper bag on her head???!!!

She looks like a chavvy **** - a disgrace to us women...

How 'bout a pic of yourself to relieve my eyes from the pain of the chavvy ****, kiren?

kiren_1981 said:
Yes she is not the most attractive of ladies.

Olly_K so are you saying you would if she had a paper bag on her head???!!!

She looks like a chavvy **** - a disgrace to us women...

And those shoes aren't practical for driving either - she'll ruin the mats

New format is ok but a bit on the large side....
(And Im still alive)

hey that's my sister your talkin about!
As for the new site, how dare you change something, some of us just want things the way the used to be, btw I am posting this via carrier pidgeon (no electricity, water, gas or interwebmethingamebob - just the way we like it)

Shame my Mrs isnt TDI from the waist down, more pictures please of other peoples sisters