SENNA - this is true and VERY scary, I just gotta tell someone

45bvtc

The Older I Get The Better I Was
Supporter
Gold Supporter
Reaction score
Now here's something truly scary.

Ten days ago I put some 4-items onto eBay, and having done so my wife (RS3copilot) said "what about this Senna T-shirt".

Now this is a MINT 1995 ORIGINAL Ayrton Senna Double 'S' T-shirt with helmet box and Ayrton Senna Foundation pullout document.

The T-shirt was purchased new in 1995 to support the foundation, and tucked away safely by RS3copilot ever since, I'd forgotten all about it but said ok. So did the text, took the photographs, and without much thought placed the listing.

Several days later my wife realised that the eBay finish date for the item was the anniversary of Senna's accident and death: wow!

Today's The Times reports the meeting of family and friends at the Tamburello corner, Imola. And they state that the accident occurred at 2.17pm (14:17 BST)

The T-shirt sold yesterday @ 14:16:40 BST

Now that's unreal! And very scary!

The T-shirt is on its way to Singapore to a guy who tells me today: "Met Senna 5 times when I worked for TAG Heuer watches in the UK."

You can't make this stuff up...

Reactions: Ghost, warren_S5, DAYTONA 500 and 2 others
Strange hey.....

Its wierd how these things happen sometimes :)

Thats really spooky but made me chuckle .:jump:

Reactions: 45bvtc
I'll ask...what did it go for??

£81 plus the postage.

For interest, the listing had 573-hits in 10-days, impressive!

I'm sure it will be wall mounted in a suitable motor establishment :thumbsup: or so the buyer says...

Attachments

• 2_P1000342x.jpg
    2_P1000342x.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 137
  • 7_P1000339x.jpg
    7_P1000339x.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 120
  • 9_P1000336x.jpg
    9_P1000336x.jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 123
  • 10_P1000338x.jpg
    10_P1000338x.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 126
Reactions: Ghost and jojo
£81 plus the postage.

For interest, the listing had 573-hits in 10-days, impressive!

I'm sure it will be wall mounted in a suitable motor establishment :thumbsup: or so the buyer says...

Despite the coincident John, I can't help thinking that some people out there would be thinking that you was banking on the Senna Anniversary to sell this item. Great item though! And the buyer seems to be quite happy also!

Despite the coincident John, I can't help thinking that some people out there would be thinking that you was banking on the Senna Anniversary to sell this item. Great item though! And the buyer seems to be quite happy also!

You are NOT wrong, that thought occurred to me last weekend and I did feel pangs of guilt, however, the Ayrton Senna Foundation may yet benefit; I too have a conscience.

Reactions: jojo and DAYTONA 500
You had a conscience the first time you bought it as I'm sure the money you paid went (mostly) in the right direction.

Intriguing story.

Watched a documentary the other night on Sky with Murray Walker and two journo's and Senna was hugely respected by those who knew him, but he wasn't popular to people who were close enough to know him personally. A real enigma as he was a hugely generous man, especially in his homeland as well as to other racing drivers in trouble, but brutal when he was at work. An astonishing bloke, and one who changed my appreciation of motorsport forever.

Reactions: 45bvtc
On Friday I was just watching TV, some programs I recorded, and reading off and on the Clarkson thread on here, when I seen and read this post....

Spooooooky how the way things workout sometimes John, and looked a very nice item you had there. :icon_thumright:

…..and the programme I was watching as I read this post on Friday…
F1 classic races 1993. Donington Park.
:yes:

Reactions: warren_S5 and 45bvtc
On Friday I was just watching TV, some programs I recorded, and reading off and on the Clarkson thread on here, when I seen and read this post....

Spooooooky how the way things workout sometimes John, and looked a very nice item you had there. :icon_thumright:

…..and the programme I was watching as I read this post on Friday…
F1 classic races 1993. Donington Park.
:yes:

Gets even more weird, spooky

It was/is a nice item and hopefully passing to an appreciative new owner (currently out with Singapore post for delivery). If the T-shirt does get 'framed', and I get the promised photograph, then I'll post that here.

And that Donnington race was probably one of the most amazing F1 races ever, and not just for 'that' first lap :racer:

Reactions: Ghost, Nilz, jojo and 1 other person
a genius......... on and off the track!

best pic ever.... says it all about sportsmanship...

1991 51

Reactions: quattrojames, jojo and 45bvtc