The Afternoon after.............

Just Plain Old

Reaction score
........... The day before.

Great day out at Castle Combe yesterday, good to meet a few of our fine upstanding 'members'! I would like to have met a few more, but after my final blast on the track everybody had gone............ /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif So I did the end of day parade laps just for good measure. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Not to sure whats happened to my brakes BTW, they've gone a funny colour and don't work very well.............. oh and the red warning light kept coming on,,, any ideas??

Did anybody else have a go on the Audi challenge in the auto S4's ? I got 20 seconds, but clipped a cone so missed out on the final......... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

But we did see some young kid actually crash an S4 into someones TT......... What a sight,,,, what a mess.............. Yes he did run off but he got caught and taken back. But what can they do about it, he was only 16 [and looked it] and they shouldn't have let him in the car in the first place IMO. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

hahahah, yeh, i saw the dude crash into the side of the silver TT. He well legged it. He had no driving license, nor could he drive...

hope they punish the little $hit.

Well, Audi UK or the organisers of the slalom event have accepted blame and will pay for the damage cause to the TT and of course the S4. I was informed by one of the organisers, that it was all dealt with quickly and amicabley(sp?).

As for your brakes JPO, the disks looked a bit scored when I had a butchers, so pads could be pretty low bud. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

I was really really hoping to be able to sort out going to this one; but I had to spend a couple of days in Hungergford for work during the week; which meant I had to use yesterday to catch-up on the rest of it (maybe I should've blagged an extended-stay in Hungerford - what is it, half an hour away from Castle Combe?).

Anyway I guess I missed a good one /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif Although I'm sorta glad I wasn't about with my pride and joy if there were kiddies playing 360bhp bumper-cars!

I take it someone got some photos of the day? URL yet?!?!?!? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Regards,

Rob.

JPO you are mad LOL, but respect for going on the track at every available chance and driving the car how it was meant to be driven.

Like jojo says your discs looked a bit worse for wear. Maybe metal on metal. Also your front tyres looked like thay had seen better days.

madvw good picture of the flying banana there dude /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

What camera are you using? As most cameras don't seem to display the colour of my car properly. It ends up looking like it is darker more like Imola.

Have too download some and get em posted,. will do tomoz evening!

All in all a great day, JPO think u need a trip to the dealers for them new pads, i saw you today down foleshill going very slowly, lol

Nice to meet the guys from JBR, i liked the look of them porker stoppers (im saving lol).

MarkB nice motor u got, especially those under the bonnet indicators!! Quality lol. Just hope it passes the MOT for you, what was the place you got the super bright bulbs they looked great!

Got some good footage of the track stuff including Ian in his Wasp killing S4, lol, speak soon guys, we now need a midlands meet!!!

[ QUOTE ]
I was informed by one of the organisers, that it was all dealt with quickly and amicabley(sp?).

[/ QUOTE ]

According to the victim it seems it's been agreed to be resolved. Of course it's not yet as he still has a damaged car. It will be interesting to see how it unfolds and what compensation is offered.

[ QUOTE ]
What camera are you using? As most cameras don't seem to display the colour of my car properly. It ends up looking like it is darker more like Imola.

[/ QUOTE ]

only took a compact, its a sony cybershot p150. I left it in automatic, so the pics aren't as great as they could have been.

[ QUOTE ]

MarkB nice motor u got, especially those under the bonnet indicators!! Quality lol. Just hope it passes the MOT for you, what was the place you got the super bright bulbs they looked great!

[/ QUOTE ]

Cheers matey /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

From what I saw my car seemed to be getting a lot of attention as well. Whether that was good or bad that's anyones guess as they didn't speak to me. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/noidea.gif

Maybe they liked the look of it, because it was different to all of the other cars there? Or may be they were mocking what I have done to an Audi?

Yeah hopefully it will get through an MOT otherwise I will have to put cheapo mirrors on with indicators on for a re-test.

Your car was looking sweet though with the RS4's.

I can't remember the name of the bulbs I have got, but they were off Ebay.

[ QUOTE ]
We now need a midlands meet!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

I am sure that can be arranged, but maybe next year now when it gets a bit warmer?

If you have got some good pictures of my car I might be interested in the RAW image of it. So I will be interested to see what you got.

Finally if we do have a Midlands meet may be then you could get some moving pics of the car for me?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

only took a compact, its a sony cybershot p150. I left it in automatic, so the pics aren't as great as they could have been.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah right I see.

Here are a few photo's i took at the show etc using a Canon 350D if anyones interested.
Mark i didnt have it set to RAW only large JPEG sorry dude, but i can send you the originals if you like?

Anyway guys take a look at what you missed!! Check out the wasp killing S4 of JPO's thats just sheer class!

THIS WAS THE MEETUP AT THE PUB CAR PARK ALL NICELY STANDING TO ATTENTION
Pubmeetup.jpg

THE SLUG, JOJO, MARKB'S AT THE STAND
RichJoeMarkSTAND.jpg

QUICKEST CAR ON THE DAY
DialynxA4red2.jpg

AND AGAIN
DialynxA4red.jpg

QST'S RS4
QSTtrack1.jpg

THE TT'S SHOP TT
TTtrack1.jpg

JPO'S S4
JPOtrack1.jpg

JPO'S NEW MATE
JPOwaspkiller.jpg

S4'S DAILY DAMAGE
TTvsS4.jpg

[ QUOTE ]
Mark i didnt have it set to RAW only large JPEG sorry dude, but i can send you the originals if you like?

[/ QUOTE ]

WOW I am impressed by the images. Really like the track action ones.

Yeah if you could send me the originals that would be great.

The only one I took that turned out OK ish.

audidriverinternational01.jpg

Nice pics there Slug. Particularly liking the shot in the pub carpark, never seen my car look quite as good, wouldnt mind a copy of the original jpg if you have it.

Was good to meet up with everyone. Shame it seemed to be the 'same old' trade stands as the past 2 years but did get Minhea from MRC Developments to VAG my car. Boy does this bloke know his stuff. Would certainly consider taking my car there for a remap.

Overall it was a superb day and the parade laps have just given me the taste to do a proper track session next time around.

I am only sorry i didnt get to meet a few more of you, it was great how friendly everyone was. Even tho my car isnt the quickest on the planet, i think next year it will have to go onto the track, the parade laps were so much fun. I have to say tho trying to hold the camcorder on the dash and drive at the same time wasnt a good idea,lol.

Mr Kebab,i am glad the "same old stands" were there mate, i got a good deal on them skirts,lol

Rich just looking back at the images. Have you adjusted any of them in Photoshop? As some of the colours look very bright. I am not complaining as I like them. Just wondering if that was how the camera captured them or whether they have been adjusted.

yes mark have tweaked in photoshop, if i had special lenses then theyd be better, but im still a novice at photography, so just used a lil of my knowledge to bring out the sky etc.. makes the cars stand proud that lil bit better.

Hey guys,

Just wanted to say how much I enjoyed they day at Castle Combe, I only got there at roughly 1pm but the time I spent there was great /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I was stood right in front of that TT when the kid in the S4 smashed into it, I couldn't believe what I was seeing! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif The thing is, he almost hit one of the other S4's that was parked alongside his just as he was pulling off and the guy from Audi had to hold the car car back (well at least I saw him try) to stop him hitting it.

My girlfriend pointed out that he looked about 15 and 'what was he doing in a car' etc. etc. and I wondered for a second if it was all part of the show! Then when he legged it I thought for a split second to chase after him but I know if I had done I probably woulda killed the little **** /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif I just kept thinking, and telling my girlfriend, that when the owner gets back he's gonna be SO mad...

How did that kid even manage to get in the car??? Why did they not screen people by at least asking for driving licences??? A visual inspection is all it takes, hardly time-consuming.

Anyway, rant over. I just hope they stump up to get the guys car fixed because it looked like a lot of damage...

Great pics guys.

Madvw, you even managed to get one of me (Pic 5) adjusting myself as I was salivating over Docurley's beast /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Loved it Doc and great to meet you /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Hope you sell that 2.8 soon bud!

MarkB, love your car matey /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif Spent a while ogling it (you may have noticed) and just tried to mentally put together the posts from your thread with what I was seeing /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Looks great with that rear wiper removed etc. but what's the skinny with the front number plate? Or lack of should I say!

Rich and Jason of JBR fame... great to meet you both too, finally! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif I have to agree with The Slug (and I think I told you so) that those ECS brake kits are huge! Bigger than I thought they were. The Stage V is scary!

Also finally met GregC with his completed A4 1.8TQS with GT28RS conversion, great guy /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Happy tinkering Greg!

So, all in all a great day out, even the girlfriend thought so which is a bonus /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Maybe next year when I've got my car sorted I'll get myself on the track but untill then there's a whole lot of tinkering to do /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Cheers

T

nice pics docurly, you even got my blue s3 partially in your 9th pic /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Amazing pics guys, looks like a good day all in all. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[ QUOTE ]

MarkB, love your car matey /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif Spent a while ogling it (you may have noticed) and just tried to mentally put together the posts from your thread with what I was seeing /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Looks great with that rear wiper removed etc. but what's the skinny with the front number plate? Or lack of should I say!

[/ QUOTE ]

Why thank you /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

I am not being big headed when I say this, but from what I saw when I was not watching the action on the track or walking around, was that my car was getting a lot of attention all day /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

So I couldn't say that I saw you or not I am afraid.

docurley

Some good pictures there /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I have got to say that I was very impressed with what you have done with the A4 with the RS4 body conversion. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bravo.gif A lot of work has gone into it like mine.

Great pics! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

I had a great day and its been great meeting everyone. The turn out was good and the weather just got better even after a dull morning.

I spent most of the time browsing around and watching the track action /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif and chatting here and there.

Thanks Mawhitey for buying my bumper. Look forward to your pics once they're fitted inc. the skirts.

I feel for the owner of the TT after that incident. Having read the TT UK forum it turned out worse than it looks. Hope Audi will put everything right.

Most of the day I was rather tired especially having got up at 3:00 in the morning. Didn't get back till after 9pm but for such a rare event that's nothing. I've decided I want to attend next year's event. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Man I am so /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif that I missed this /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif

Looks like you all had an awesome time /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Thanks Mawhitey for buying my bumper. Look forward to your pics once they're fitted inc. the skirts.

[/ QUOTE ]

No probs mate, i have just won myself the rear to go with it all too,lol

Nice to have met you ,glad you got home safe /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]
i am glad the "same old stands" were there mate, i got a good deal on them skirts,lol

[/ QUOTE ]

Hahaha yeah your right mate you picked up a real bargain there. What did the missus say when she saw that little lot?
When I said the same old stands I was more refering to the tuning stands. Really enjoyed the day though. Next on the upgrade for me are my brakes so I can get on the track next time around.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif

I took her shopping, so she was fine,lol. I accidently won a rear valance too, i should be banned from Ebay...

Even tho i dont have much power i may look at going on for a blast next year, the parade was good fun, gets the juices flowing

Nice pics MW, I like this pic with me tailed by the Slug, and the A4 in front of me with 19" RS6 was pretty cool /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif
DSCF0067.jpg

yeah looks good, the s2 behind me was stepin the rear end out when he had the chance