The things you do to keep the missus happy!

StateOfPlay

Reaction score
The wife has won tickets for Strictly at the O2 tonight. Strictly Come Dancing is not my cup of tea. My first instinct is to say that I don't want to go as I have to get up early for work in the morning.

and then a few things happened;

I saw this picture
flavia.jpg

So I asked a bit more about the evening, and the wife tells me we have a private box.

And that is has a free bar, with a fridge full of beer and Stella Artois on tap.

I am definitely going now, just to keep the wife happy.

don't forget your HD camera wih 300mm zoom lens - we expect pics, and lots of em. :thumbsup:

I think you will hate it... let me go instead of you!! ;)
Ola Jordan ….

11.jpg

Camera's are not allowed. Will have to use my iphone.

Forget it, think of the conversation at work tomorrow.

'What did you do last night then Stateofplay?'

'I went to watch strictly co-' SMASH! Gay. End of....

You owe it to yourself not to do it. If you want Stella get a crate from the local shop snd once your missus goes stick on some Red hot dutch!

Or get to the pub!

I like your post my friend. It is too late for me to back out now. When asked what I did at the weekend I will not mention Sunday night, I will just talk about going to the footy on Saturday.

Going to wear my mirrored sunglasses so the wife can't see where my eyes are today.

Kudos to you, StateofPlay.
I think most off us would have tried to pussy out somehow, "not tonight darling, I've got a headache" etc. seems to work for them. Lol
but taking one for the team will give you major brownie points in the future, just remember to keep that one in the arsenal for later on and call it up when in dire need " Remember that night I went too Strictly....."
just close your eyes and think of Audi!!:wub:

​Mark, just go and enjoy the free beer, just a shame you get to miss Top gear, lmao. :) x

A company I deal with from work have a box at the O2 too, so I went to see Michael McIntyre there.
Its a great night out. You don't have to queue with the riff raff and can walk straight into the arena via the VIP entrance.
Each box has its seating area to eat and drink from the free bar, and you can either sit on the high stools at the tables facing the stage and watch the show from there, or you can sit in your box's sectioned off part of the normal arena seating. OR if you want to spend your evening as close as possible to the free booze then you can sit at your box's "bar" and watch the show on the TV that is stuck to the wall.

You'll have one or two O2 members of staff that are supposed to serve you with drink or take your order for food, but they tend to spend more time chatting to staff from other boxes. This isn't necessarily a bad thing though as you can just help yourself to drink from the fridge.

The food isn't that greatest but I can recommend the burger and chips.

To be honest, it doesn't matter what you are watching, the experience is a good one and you feel pretty special sitting in the box.

Prepare yourself for the queue when trying to enter the tube station after the show though, its carnage!

What box are you in?? The ones at the back of the arena aren't the best for viewing, the side boxes are better.

She'll expect you to watch the entire series this year...because you love it so much!!

Well, that was an experience. Wife was happy though. Box was pretty damn good, it was on on the side on level 3, and yes, we didn't have to queue to get in.

Had the burger and chips, and the Stella on tap, because we were in the box owned by the brewery :) and left before the end so I didn't have to worry about the queue at the station.

And I am now thinking of having lessons so I can.................

learn to say "not for me dear, sorry".