AH FabricationsBadger5
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: I'm p****d off with insurance company's

1st Gear

Status

I'm p****d off with insurance company's

The title says it all really lol!

I start by saying I'm 27 yrs old. I have been a UK full licence holder nearly 10 yrs, no accidents, no claims, no motor convictions & etc oh! I forgot to mention 10 yrs bdc.

Surely I'm seen has a recognise safe driver? & also in the over 25 bracket to.
    ive notice wen they ask u wots best quote or wot was u paying last yr, they seem to match it nearer enough the price uve mentioned to them, wot a joke.

Quotes starting frm £925-£725. I've declared all mods

These r the insurance company's I've tried;
    SKY, ADRIAN, GREEN LIGHT, WEBSITE COMPARISON, & FEW MORE

Any recommend company's plz let me know
    Thanks

Seb

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    Do you live on the gazza strip? Sky are usually the cheapest I've found.when shopping for insurance I yell them that I'm not going with them cos I've been quoted cheaper.dot actually tell them what you've been quoted.just get it as low as possible
    Word!!!

My A3/Martys Golf would smash that, and this guys £7000 GT9743 supercharged love machine.

S3 OFU

Status
    Try price comparison sites bud. I'm 32, 8 yrs NCB, declared mods, live in a Coventry postal code and got insured for less than £500. Plus I got a cuddly Meerkat for the wife, win win

PS Stay clear of Hastings direct, they tried to tell me I should pay the same premium for a Mazda 3 Diesel as I had been for my S3, bunch of crooks!

South East Events Moderator

Status

My Social Networking

Follow kwistof On Twitter Visit kwistof's Youtube Channel Visit kwistof's Instagram Channel
    Insurance isn't just calculated through how long you have been driving or how many NCB years you have gained....Occupation, postcode, where vehicle kept, mileage and use of the vehicle are just a few area's that can majorly change an insurance premium by hundreds, if not thousands of pounds...

You live in nottz ...no offence but I expect that won't be the lowest risk area to insure in....

Post Code Risk calculator for any insusrance group in the UK with Visitcars

Hows does yours rate? I'm lower than 25%

Oh and you never tell the insurance company your 'lowest price' if i was you I'd be saying I had got quotes for £600 and see what they can do.

VX220 SC Driver :)

Status
    I'm at the absolute bottom. Cool
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Marriage is like a coffin and each kid is another nail."
    Homer Simpson

Pushing the limits..

Status

My Social Networking

Add Sevv on Facebook
    to insure the S3 here costs me 3000$ :D so 500 pounds is a joke :P

1st Gear

Status
    Insurance risk area calculation is a fkin joke. I'm 31, 5 years NCB and I still can't get a quote below £750 where I live in BS2, even though it's a quiet residential street. I did a test quote in my folks' postcode in Worcestershire and the premiums drop by at least a third.

*shakes fist*
    '01 Facelift S3. CC'd by the Badger

South East Events Moderator

Status

My Social Networking

Follow kwistof On Twitter Visit kwistof's Youtube Channel Visit kwistof's Instagram Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Keefy View Post
    Insurance risk area calculation is a fkin joke. I'm 31, 5 years NCB and I still can't get a quote below £750 where I live in BS2, even though it's a quiet residential street. I did a test quote in my folks' postcode in Worcestershire and the premiums drop by at least a third.

*shakes fist*
    The only way to fix this without moving is to tell everyone who lives and enters your area of BS2 to stop claiming of there car insurance within the postcode! lol

Over a few years the risk and premium would start to lower

Neutral

Status
    my insurence has gone up this year from 1400 to 2200!! it is a trade policy but still it takes the piss, all drivers have clean lisenses, no claims ever, 2 years trade ncb and 7 years pncb, its up for renewal on friday so i need to get shopping around!
    Vagworld's 2000 s3 apy 140k
    de-cat, Art Of Speed custom remap , forge tip, amd dv, JAP CAN!!
    13.8 @ santapod 250bhp 256lb.ft
    INSTAGRAM: CHRIS_VAGWORLD FACEBOOK: CHRIS AT VAGWORLD

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by kwistof View Post
    The only way to fix this without moving is to tell everyone who lives and enters your area of BS2 to stop claiming of there car insurance within the postcode! lol

Over a few years the risk and premium would start to lower
    Ha! One man's doorstep campaign for lower premiums. It's that or build some sort of lockable bunker in the front garden...
    '01 Facelift S3. CC'd by the Badger

S3 Drift King!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by guzzy_431 View Post
    The title says it all really lol!

I start by saying I'm 27 yrs old. I have been a UK full licence holder nearly 10 yrs, no accidents, no claims, no motor convictions & etc oh! I forgot to mention 10 yrs bdc.

Surely I'm seen has a recognise safe driver? & also in the over 25 bracket to.
    ive notice wen they ask u wots best quote or wot was u paying last yr, they seem to match it nearer enough the price uve mentioned to them, wot a joke.

Quotes starting frm £925-£725. I've declared all mods

These r the insurance company's I've tried;
    SKY, ADRIAN, GREEN LIGHT, WEBSITE COMPARISON, & FEW MORE

Any recommend company's plz let me know
    Thanks

Seb
    Have you tried Prestige? I've just spent half a day shopping around for insurance, they was cheapest with all mods declared for me.

AUDI-SPORT.NET CAR INSURANCE SCHEME WITH PRESTIGE KEEP MOVING INSURANCE

99' Audi S3(APY) - Brilliant Black Click>>>Going Sideways vid!
    You've got to have a laugh! For Sale:LCR Brakes - £400

Certified S3 Slayer
    Crazy Closet Champion, Curveball Champion, Ping Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Typing Test Champion, Smack the Rabbit Champion, Rabbit Hunter Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, KickUps Champion, Disc Dash Champion

Status

My Social Networking

Visit 16Klappe's Instagram Channel
    Sucks to be you, I'm 21 with 4 years NCB with all mods declared and pay £578 fully comp.

Nothing wrong with insurance companies, they've always seen me right.
    I quite often say I'm going to do things.

Then never do them.

1st Gear

Status
    I pay £430 fully comp oh yeah

Neutral

Status
    im 22, 4 years no claim, and its £472 for the year on my a3 1.8 turbo, low risk on that thing tho haha, mine was through sky hope you get sorted

Neutral

Status
    My 10yrs no claims has been destroyed by a lying prick claiming £6k off me for whiplash when I shunted him at 1mph literally. I told them he's committing fraud and they do absolutely nothing about it.

Anyway what's with declaring mods? Are they seriously gong to completely void ur insurance in a prang just cause of a cone filter??!?!

Alex

Status
    Wow thats loads! Im with Adrian Flux but insured with a company called Groupama and I'm paying £600 a year and that's doing it in monthly instalments. I'm 24 with 2 years no claims, got my sister (27, 3 points) and my dad as a named driver, they bring the price down a bit so worth putting them on.
    1999 APY S3 Imola Yellow

PS3: Broady_11

Badger 5 Edition

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by marlow77 View Post
    ...Anyway what's with declaring mods? Are they seriously gong to completely void ur insurance in a prang just cause of a cone filter??!?!
    if they have reason to believe you have modified your car in any way without letting them know they have the right to void your insurance...

My insurance was going to be around £240 if my S3 was std but its £440 ish fully declared... (Adrian Flux)

<tuffty/>
    Silver 2001 AMK S3. Silver alcantara interior... now with added powarrrrrrrr, torques. VAGCOM + KII-USB. >> My build thread...

1st Gear

Status

Re: I'm p****d off with insurance company's

I'll called them jo, they where really busy & I'm waiting for a call back.
    Thanks

1st Gear

Status

Re: I'm p****d off with insurance company's

No I don't live in gazza strip lol. Sky had said there call me back a week before my renewal to see if they can beat original quote £925

Thanks

TFSI Hybrid

Status
    Anyway what's with declaring mods? Are they seriously gong to completely void ur insurance in a prang just cause of a cone filter??!?!
    Insurance companys will try anything to get out of a claim.... dont give them an inch of doubt!!

slightly off topic...long story short, I have a work van, goes to put my new employee on the insurance, with him being young it was £600 more on my premium, so not really happy, but i go ahead... 2 months later it turns out my new employee was a lazy sly bastuard (sleeping in lay byes in the van until nearly home time) then always turning up with 5 mins to go...Anyway He jogs on and i inform my insurance co he as left the company, (hoping for a substantial refund)
    They say i have £17 to be refunded but there is a £33 admin charge.... WTF i shout bad things to them, and they said we will do you a good deal on renewal time,,, I said i bet you wont, as you are history when it runs out!

So i go for a refund and they say they want £16 off me for the privilege!!

Bankers and Ins Companies the root of all evil...

Yorkshire & Humber Rep.

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by S3-Sandy View Post
    Try price comparison sites bud. I'm 32, 8 yrs NCB, declared mods, live in a Coventry postal code and got insured for less than £500. Plus I got a cuddly Meerkat for the wife, win win

PS Stay clear of Hastings direct, they tried to tell me I should pay the same premium for a Mazda 3 Diesel as I had been for my S3, bunch of crooks!
    what a deal 500 and a stright swap meercat for the wife
    i would have done without the cat

S3 Drift King!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by <tuffty/> View Post
    if they have reason to believe you have modified your car in any way without letting them know they have the right to void your insurance...

My insurance was going to be around £240 if my S3 was std but its £440 ish fully declared... (Adrian Flux)

<tuffty/>
    Old git!

Been with Flux for the last 5 years, their renewal this year was £600, after shopping around for half a day and going back to them with my best quote, they could only drop it down to £474 for my car, which is nowhere near your cars power! Paying £399 now with Privilege.

S3 Drift King!

Status

<tuffty/>
    Old git!

Been with Flux for the last 5 years, their renewal this year was £600, after shopping around for half a day and going back to them with my best quote, they could only drop it down to £474 for my car, which is nowhere near your cars power! Paying £399 now with Privilege.

1st Gear

Status
    Lol! no I don't live on the gazza strip. I've tried sky they had quoted me £925 based on a premium Im currently on atm.

Thanks

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by kwistof View Post
    Insurance isn't just calculated through how long you have been driving or how many NCB years you have gained....Occupation, postcode, where vehicle kept, mileage and use of the vehicle are just a few area's that can majorly change an insurance premium by hundreds, if not thousands of pounds...

You live in nottz ...no offence but I expect that won't be the lowest risk area to insure in....

Post Code Risk calculator for any insusrance group in the UK with Visitcars

Hows does yours rate? I'm lower than 25%

Oh and you never tell the insurance company your 'lowest price' if i was you I'd be saying I had got quotes for £600 and see what they can do.
    I just check my post code risk calculator im below the medium risk, in the green section. Nottz cant be that bad then.. for high risks claims.

Neutral

Status

<tuffty/>
    I can understand declaring visual stuff but things like uprated turbos, engine internals etc, surely they're not going to strip down the engine bay to check all this on a standard looking car?

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    Have you tried Prestige? I've just spent half a day shopping around for insurance, they was cheapest with all mods declared for me.

AUDI-SPORT.NET CAR INSURANCE SCHEME WITH PRESTIGE KEEP MOVING INSURANCE
    I'm waiting on a call back from prestige insurance due to them being busy at the time of call.

Thanks

Status
    I can understand declaring visual stuff but things like uprated turbos, engine internals etc, surely they're not going to strip down the engine bay to check all this on a standard looking car?
    No they aren't but if you have a crash it'll be fraud if it were modified.

5th Gear

Status
    I'm a member of the Institute of Advanced Motorists and so qualify for insurance through their own scheme, which tends to be a little bit cheaper than mainstream companies. 37 (really? can't believe it!) yrs old, also live in Notts (NG13, right in the blue risk area in the link above), 10k miles a year, car kept under car port over night, only myself and my wife on the policy and yet my premium this year was £544.

However, I do still have 1 really frustrating claim from Jan 2010 when I skidded on some ice into a kerb (literally coming down my road at about 20mph) but nobody else was involved. Thankfully this will come off the claims next time so hopefully it'll reduce.

Might shop around a bit more though, given the premiums above.

Tufty - yours must be a limited mileage policy, surely?

6th Gear

Status

I'm p****d off with insurance company's

I'm now insured with Adrian flux with all mods declared (£900ish with 1 claim 4 years ago and 9 points to declare) which was cheaper than the quotes I was getting with confused etc for a standard car but to my surprise they wanted more money with my dad on the policy (he drives it once in a blue moon for a quick blast) even though he has a clean licence and full no claims all due to he hadn't been driving a car with >200bhp for the last 2 years, but was happy to insure my partner who was 23 at the time with 1 years no claims due to she had more than 2 years driving experience in a car with more than 200bhp

It doesn't always quite work out how you would expect it
    Power & Torque 335bhp 285ftlb
    0-60 4.64 1/4 mile 13.02
    My GTX3071r Build Thread
    http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/a3-s3-f...ld-thread.html

BÜBENGRÖPEN

Status
    Insurance risk areas are an absolute joke if you ask me. Unlike a house they never ask you properly how your car is securced or exactly where in or around your property. They just go off silly options.

If anyone on here knows the Warrington area then how is Lymm a more higher risk than Orford (roughest part of Warrington). Really does make me chuckle.

The quotes that come up on teir systems but litterally be a case of picking numbers out of a bag and waiting to see if the innocent motorists will pay the extorinent (sp?) prices.
    Kristian
    No longer an Audi driver...

S3X

Status
    One of the reasons premiums are so high is because of the amount of people making false claims for personal injury.
    52 plate S3 / Ming Blue / 60K / Celtic Tuning Re-Map, Allegedly 278 Bhp-256 lb/ft (not proven/no chance)

6th Gear

Status
    That risk area calculator sucks. when i moved in 2010 my premium with Virgin went up. I was driving hire cars at the time, and after renewing anyway, they told me they dont insure hire cars. So i spoke to the omnibusmen team within the company and they agreed to allow the policy to run its term then they would ask i either drive my own car or insure elsewhere!

My policy has been around 700-800 for the last 4 years. Driving from 205dt, focus 1.6, 2l mondeo, and now the a3 tdi. I now use go compare and just go with the cheapest, this year its allienz. It was quite interesting when i asked virgin to cover my A3, and tesco, both companies would insure a lotus carlton for £20-£30 less! WTF

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by voorhees View Post
    No they aren't but if you have a crash it'll be fraud if it were modified.
    And they know it's modified because....

Quote Originally Posted by LiveWire View Post
    One of the reasons premiums are so high is because of the amount of people making false claims for personal injury.
    Exactly. Because my company did nothing about the fraudulent injury claim against me I was tempted to phone the police. I don't have much evidence that it was only a 2mph shunt (think the law states anything over 3mph can cause injury) but one little bit of evidence was there was no damage to his car whatsoever. His entire bumper was already cracked n shattered to pieces from a previous prang and all held together with gaffer tape. I hit the left side and it remained identical to the right, so no damage in other words. Wonder if the police would actually do anything?

Don't mean to derail OP but am sure u find it interesting anyway

2nd Gear

Status
    Admiral is best for me....... (not everyone i guess)

Im 23 and pay £750 fully comp with 6 years no claims but i have an sp30 on my licence.

Hope you find something cheaper! good luck

1st Gear

Status
    [QUOTE=LiveWire;1686283]One of the reasons premiums are so high is because of the amount of people making false claims for personal injury.

Yeh but that shouldn't affect the evidently genuine ones, which I'd say is unfair... then again so is life!

S3 Drift King!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by MrTackalakalaka View Post
    Admiral is best for me....... (not everyone i guess)

Im 23 and pay £750 fully comp with 6 years no claims but i have an sp30 on my licence.

Hope you find something cheaper! good luck
    I had a half decent quote of admiral, but when you actually phone them up and say you declared a remap in your online quote, they person tells you they won't insure a remapped car!

S3 Drift King!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by guzzy_431 View Post

Yeh but that shouldn't affect the evidently genuine ones, which I'd say is unfair... then again so is life!
    It's not that easy. With all the compo claims made by fraudulent injury claims for whiplash etc., the money has to come from somewhere, and it's us poor 'genuine' motorists who has to foot the bill!

S3 Drift King!

Status
    It's not just the whiplash claims that bumps our prices up also, there's this aswell.

BBC News - Car insurance market referred to Competition Commission

Neutral

Status
    my post code risk comes up as smack bang under the word 'medium' on that scale and I pay £550 on a 1.4T at 24

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast