I'm p****d off with insurance company's

My post code came back as move to Iraq as your insurance would be cheaper !

Aviva, £1200, 08 A4 Avant S-line with business mileage and the missus added, 2 no fault claims in two years.

Okay, that post code risk calculator is not just the only major rating factor on your insurance.....

I did list a few others above... Occupation and also your employment status- E.g Self employed, Director... where vehicles kept, mileage and use of the vehicle.

I work at an insurance broker and there are pages and pages of calculations to get to the premium your quoted and your individual risk. I mean it could be worse....we could all have little boxes in our cars that determine how much a policy would cost! lol

I can understand declaring visual stuff but things like uprated turbos, engine internals etc, surely they're not going to strip down the engine bay to check all this on a standard looking car?

It'll stick out like a sore thumb.

If anyone on here knows the Warrington area then how is Lymm a more higher risk than Orford (roughest part of Warrington). Really does make me chuckle.

Thieves, vandals and fraudulent claimers travel around. The 'WA' postcode area is a hot spot for fraudulent claiming.

They read these forums.

It's incredibly unlikely an insurer will pick up on it that way, much more likely it'll be picked up at claim stage, which, if we're honest is when you really do want your insurance cover to be worth the paper it is written on.

It's incredibly unlikely an insurer will pick up on it that way, much more likely it'll be picked up at claim stage, which, if we're honest is when you really do want your insurance cover to be worth the paper it is written on.

Which is why it's better safe than sorry!

I see no reason to skimp on not declaring mods, if you can't afford to run the car, don't buy it in the first place!, or don't modify it and keep it standard!

My business use bugs me, I am viewed the same as someone who uses their car all the time for business use, I go to the occasional meeting or to visit a site to do a survey. My business mileage is less than 12k a year, current total is around 1500 since April.

Thieves, vandals and fraudulent claimers travel around. The 'WA' postcode area is a hot spot for fraudulent claiming.

But why does Lymm show near enough a double the amount of risk than the likes of Orford? Ifs bonkers but never realised Warrington was that bad!

I feel your pain - Im 24, no points - fully comp costs me just over £2000 per year on my 2002 A4 Avant 2.5tdi Quattro