good birds car ??

Masterm8fo

Warmonger
Reaction score
g/frnd just about to pass her test and wandering on suggestions on decent car for her as new driver

only 21 so insurance obv gotta be reasonable and budget upto 8-10K

she is set on yaris at moment which i think is ok as its jap and reliable and well built

what you lot think ?

Yaris is a good car...something like a Lupo may be worth looking at, Polo, Seat Arosa .etc

Rich

[ QUOTE ]

TT
z3

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF?? How many just passed people at 21 do you see driving TTs and Z3's? Apart from the fact that a Z3 is a pile of poo!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/noidea.gif

Pug 206 is very popular with the girlies...

Mine has a Clio which she loves and is (whisper it) not a bad little car. Good looking, nippy and has every gadget. Reliability a bit variable though - especially where the electrics are concerned.

What about the new Panda? They are uber-cool in a reverse-snobbery sort of ironic way. Good to drive too and cheap as chips insurance. There's even a diddy 4x4 version.

Mate of mine drives a Clio....

.....the other day the gearbox fell out of it on a dualer and pulled half the engine mounts with it.

Clio 1.2 16V Dynamique, pretty nippy with 75 BHP and group 3e for insurance. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]
I'd go with first suggestion, the Yaris. It's still pretty funky for a super-mini, plus you cannot fault Toyota for reliability. They are light years ahead of even the Germans on that score.

[/ QUOTE ]

Second those comments on the Yaris, Toyota's are by far the toughest cars out there, and I'm speaking African conditions, not pansy European roads....

I believe they the the Yaris T-Sport which is a 1.5 103bhp. Not a bad little car.

Rich

My girlfriend got a 1.3l Yaris 'Blue' in September which is pretty good car,
although the speedo is digital and in the centre which takes some getting used too!

T-sports are rapid /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

i'd definently think a lightweight car with 1.2 engine would be ideal, easier to manage on the road quick confidence

yaris
clio

I worked at Toyota's main import site in Portbury near Bristol while studying, probably drove 100's of Yaris and think they're great. The T-Sport is quick, handles well, and I think looks pretty good as well. Go for Thunder Grey.

Yaris build quality does vary though, most are built in Japan, so quality is top notch. However some are built in France and often had recall problems.

New swift is mental, mate of mine is in sales at our local dealer.

The cars well equiped... looks lovely, seems well nice inside.

Check out the anthrecite wheels too! MMMmmmmm (Could be bigger tho!)

[ QUOTE ]
New swift is mental, mate of mine is in sales at our local dealer.

The cars well equiped... looks lovely, seems well nice inside.

Check out the anthrecite wheels too! MMMmmmmm (Could be bigger tho!)

[/ QUOTE ]

Phew! Thought I was going to be the only one then...... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Yes what about a Smart Roadster? - they are going very cheap secondhand.