BMX Trials riding

Kaibo

Reaction score
Hi, ever since I started riding it's always been about fun, wheelies, jumps and the rest, I've always wanted to do trials riding but never got round to it. Well my son just turned 11 and has a pit bike but nowhere to use it, I think I'm swaying him to my way of thinking, trials can be done anywhere, so now he's looking for a Suitable bike like Onza etc, I'm going to get one soon as well but was wondering whether I'd be better of with a mountain bike frame size as I'm a lot bigger. Has anyone got experience of riding either sizes?

Cheers Kai

24 inch wheeled trials bikes are becoming popular. they arent as hard to learn on as a 26 but are more suited to bigger folk.
20 inch onza's and the likes are so easy to ride, good to learn on, but can feel unstable and you'l feel under biked, if that makes sense.
my advice, get a second hand one off a trials forum or classifieds in mbuk etc.

Right he said about buying a bmx size and il try it, simple. Thanks for your advice, will check that out.

Cheers Kai

Cheers for this, quite funny actually, was watching clips on the tube earlier and I thought Mod vs Stock were 2 blokes going against each other on different size bikes, what a plonka!
That site looks a bit expensive to start on, I think second hand might be in order, shame, they look gorgeous.

Deffo get the lad a used 20" due to size and weight. Check out this guy for a bit of new skool trials Danny mac is ace on two wheels

Deffo get the lad a used 20" due to size and weight. Check out this guy for a bit of new skool trials Danny mac is ace on two wheels

Really? Go on youtube and search Prawn16, yes it is actual Prawn and yes he is AWESOME at trials.

That man has some skills, well done Prawn. 26" definitely looks more suited and normal with an adult on it.

That man has some skills, well done Prawn. 26" definitely looks more suited and normal with an adult on it.

They suit kids as well, the size of bike does not represent the size of rider. A 20" bike is great for natty, quick technical riding. Often referred to as TGS (Taps, Gaps & Sidehops) where as a 26" bike suits a more old school, smoother rider who's going to be riding on the streets. Trials, Street and BMX are three very different categories which often get blurred.