eBaY question?

jojo

Looking for Boost!
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.audi-sport.net
Can a buyer leave me negative feedback if they haven't picked up/paid for an item after they have won the auction?

I just sold a set of alloy wheels with tyres for a cheap £55 on auction, and it clearly states for local pick up only, and to be paid and picked up within 7 days after auction ends in my description.

Buyer has requested that I wrap them up for him so he can arrange for a courier to pick them up! Eeeer, wrap them up at my cost and hang about all day to wait for 'his' courier to pick them up?? I don't think so....

He has 3 feedback @100%, but has not replied to my last reminder I sent yesterday.

And to add to this, eBays new rules mean that as a seller you can't leave negative feedback anymore..

Not that I sell much on e-bay, but why the hell not?

Oh right, I have the function to leave feedback, but I've not clicked onto it yet... b@st@rds!

Yes they have basically f****d over sellers, no negative feedback, fees increased, ebay used to be a great place to sell now its just s**t.

There are far too many scamming, non paying timewasters on there too.

I haven't sold anything on ebay for years. Not worth it any more IMO. It's only good for buying... and even that isn't as good as it used to be!

As said above, Ebay have made things so that buyers are basically always right, nothing is done in fairness to the seller now and when a buyer totally has a seller over, seller can't even leave negative feedback anymore, but say no to the buyer's demand for you to wrap up the wheels and wait in all day for their courier to pick them up and you will no doubt end up with a negative on your account. Totally unfair, ..I've stopped selling on Ebay after being had over for 165.00 GBP just before Christmas, when I sent a mobile phone to a buyer and he said he never received it, so I ended up losing my phone and 165.00 GBP in cash. Having checked the buyer's feedback left for others, it seems he doesn't receive many of the items he buys, ..very strange. Totally understand how you feel :(

Paulie x

always use signed for on ebay .they cannot say its not arrived then .they cheenky tw@ts now charge 10% final valuation fees
No more selling for me .I think its run by Gangsters anyway

To be fair, I've just sold a load of crap on there, stuff I don't need anymore, and the set of 14" alloys was one of them! Other transactions was smooth as, but this one is just annoying, as he has only 3 feedback, others have been 50+ feedbacks, and all came to pick the items up with no hassle what so ever.

I know it's not as effective, but can you leave positive feedback but within the text box, slate the **** out of them?

Just tell them that the items will be available for collection between the hours of blah and blah and you have wrapped them in bin liners.

If they are not collected within 2 weeks you may have to consider charging storage fees.

And if they leave you a neg, it will not ruin your life. In fact, it will make a man out of you. You ain't lived until you got a red feedback on ebay.

I know it's not as effective, but can you leave positive feedback but within the text box, slate the **** out of them?

Which still leaves him the option of leaving me a negative feedback.

Just tell them that the items will be available for collection between the hours of blah and blah and you have wrapped them in bin liners.

If they are not collected within 2 weeks you may have to consider charging storage fees.

And if they leave you a neg, it will not ruin your life. In fact, it will make a man out of you. You ain't lived until you got a red feedback on ebay.

I know what you mean, but a negative feedback for doing nothing wrong is silly. If I did something that warranted it, I'd understand.

even if you cancel the transaction, the buyer still has the opportunity to leave neg feedback. i'd agree with StateOfPlay, wrap them in some binbags and say they can be collected by a courrier, but at a time that suits you. even if you do get neg feedback, its not all bad. i got some from a buyer a while ago, but you get a chance to post a reply to their feedback. i just made it clear that the buyer was a d***head and it wasnt my fault. its the outrageous charges mentioned above that really **** me off!

If he leaves negative feedback then just get it removed. I've had it done before on a mates account for similar circumstances.