More ebay/paypal scams..

Ads

ASN Veteran
Reaction score
Website
www.aythreee.com
Just a quick heads up.

My girlfriend just received this, and I'm guessing if you click on the 'cancel payment' link then you'll be asked to input your paypal login details and then promptly ripped off.

Here's the email (note the email address that it has come from)..

paypalk.jpg

How strange, a new angle...make them think they're cancelling when providing login details. Those pesky internet scammers will never stop.

^^ The problem is that they are very inventive with their scams. I mean, lets be fair, that looks spot on. That will con so many people it will be untrue.

Yeah, those africans know how to make a scam indeed! I know of several friends who would fall for this.

I got the exact same email last week. Fortunately I logged in by opening up a new page rather than clicking on the 'cancel payment' n there was no such transaction on my paypal account.

It does look very genuine. The only reason my missus got suspicious is because she received the same email twice within a few minutes of each other.
If it wasn't for that there would have been a very happy nigerian going on an ebay spending spree.

ive got something similar a while back logged in made up a username i_got_you and password was: nowf***off

I got one this morning telling me that an address had been added to my account.

This is a good one, but sometimes these scanners are so lazy, they can't even be bothered to add logos of check spelling. I bet some people still fall for it though!!!

How to spot that its a fake
Skype doesnt use blablabla@msn.com emails when they send you things.
Skype or any other provider dont put in graphical things like that into the body of an email
If you hover the mouse pointer over the link/button, at the bottom of your browser it should show what the link is to. 99% of the time, its to some random *** site
You can log into PayPal using www.paypal.com website and simply look in your payment history. If there is no payment there and no payment pending, its a fake. You cannot simply "cancel payment" like that using paypal. If you sent it, youve sent it.
Skype doesnt cost that much for a "monthly" fee.
PayPal will use your actual name and not the generic "dear customer" or anything along those lines
PayPal doesnt ask you about every single charge that you've sent if you actually meant to send it. It only does that as youre sending it.

Be very carefull guys, lots of people lost a lot of money with scams like this.

May sound harsh, but if you're stupid enough then you're fair-game!

Now, if you don't mind, I'm off to pay some money into a guy account who's about to make millions but just needs my help - keep it under your hat eh lads... See yah suckers.... This time next week I'll be rich I tell yah!

May sound harsh, but if you're stupid enough then you're fair-game!

Now, if you don't mind, I'm off to pay some money into a guy account who's about to make millions but just needs my help - keep it under your hat eh lads... See yah suckers.... This time next week I'll be rich I tell yah!

Lmao