THE HISTORY

I

imported_AudiAuto

Was a bit bored, scanning throu this site, and i started wondering a few things about it. Got a few questions:

1. When was this site launched?

2. Who are the 'owners' of this site?

3. Do all the mods/admin know each other and/or are they friends?

4. How come the only mods that you see on here are Essthree and David? who are the other mods, if
any, and how come you never see them posting anything?

5. How many members do you have?

6. How is the site run? ie do you make any money from it etc etc

7. Can't think of anything else to ask

8. Oh yeah, i saw a nice M3 today

Thanks

Pimp you where doing so well till i read question NO 8 ! LOL
as for Q6, no one has ever asked me to "join" and i dont think i have ever saw "pop ups" so its prob not sponsered by anyone un less u count richs link to his place lol
BUT good questions , look forward to any answer that comes!

just wondered about the money thing cos of the AMD and milltek banners, but maybe thats just a free plug.

Also, different subject, but saw a pic of the new RS4, looks amazing, its got the new style front end and lights, very similiar to the new A3.

I'll try and answer a few...

[ QUOTE ]
pimpmyaudi said:
Was a bit bored, scanning throu this site, and i started wondering a few things about it. Got a few questions:

I had my first S3 in Dec 2000 and it was around then! Although it was called Sport-3 or something (can't quite remember!)

The people that host this site are AmD. So I guess they officially own it. Although I'm sure everyone will say that the members and mods "own" it.

4. How come the only mods that you see on here are Essthree and David? who are the other mods, if

I know there used to be a lot more mods on here but they left.

I wouldn't have thought it generates a lot of money, only from recommendations of products and sponsorship from the likes of Rich etc.

No such thing! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

Thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

Ask Dicky as I was only only driving a 1.8T then.

The members! AmD own the domain name.

A couple are personal friends and they all hate me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

RS4 Barry, Ess_Three, David R, Tanya, lyrac and myself. Being a mod isn't about posting and if/when we do moderate a post we just get bitched at. The site is self moderating by its members.

The site looses money.

Will man ever walk on the moon again?

I drove a Bently Coupe today.

Thanks

The site was formed in the early months of 2000 by Ownly (a friendly NZ) who then handed control and ownership to a few of us who were around then. It has had a few names, a few facelifts and a few interesting spells during the last 3 years. The original posters / mods / owners used the a3/s3 forum on audiworld.com before this site...

There have been some conflicts of interests in the past, the outcome of which being 2 large audi forums, this one and www.tyresmoke.net. A case of too many drivers and not enough passengers, but people now have 2 huge resources to plunder with their questions - which can only be a good thing! I know a few folk post across the forums, helping all the info get shared.

AmD own the URL, and one of the co-owners of AmD deals with the hosting of the site (along with a host of other interests). The Mods are, as stated above, enthusiasts and nothing else. Nobody works for AmD or has a financial interest in them or the forum. We just give some spare time to keep things running as best we can and keep you unruly members in check sometime /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Nobody hates Andy, but we do steal his lunch money at the office gates most days :p

The only "nice" M3 would be a CSL parked in my garage next to the S3, and you sure as hell didn't see that!

David

it was actually a CSL, grey one. But it certantly weren't parked tho, was racing like a lunatic, i had to roll down my windows just to hear that wonderful engine going mad

Nice questions Pimp..........

For a change!!

Sorry........... couldn't resist /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif