Volks AutosMonster Motorsport
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shell V-power

1st Gear

Status

Shell V-power

Don't know about you guys in England/Elsewhere, but up in Scotland there is absoltue no V-power anywhere. Rumour has it they're letting all the tanks go dry because they are restocking with a new/better type of petrol.

I think this is going on for the 2nd week now, I hope it happens soon...

2. # ADS
    ADS

3rd Gear

Status
    its doing my head in, im using tesco 99ron now but i have ran my car on vpower since i bought it so was a little annoyed about having to change to a different brand of fuel. Hopefully they have it again soon.

Davie

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by david_phillips95 View Post
    its doing my head in, im using tesco 99ron now but i have ran my car on vpower since i bought it so was a little annoyed about having to change to a different brand of fuel. Hopefully they have it again soon.

Davie
    I've heard Tesco Super is meant to increase the knock count quite considerably? or so I am told.. I'm just not touching the S3 while the V-power isn't about, using an old Polo gti lol

6th Gear

Status
    Haven't heard about it. did quick look & saw this : http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/133403-la...orth-east.html

Not too may Shell stations near me, I know there is one in kilmarnock that sells V-power, no idea if they have any though.
    2003-2008 1998 Red A3 8L 1.8 Sport
    2008 -> 2003 Akoya Silver A3 8P1 2.0 FSi Sport

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by glasgowaudi View Post
    I've heard Tesco Super is meant to increase the knock count quite considerably? or so I am told.. I'm just not touching the S3 while the V-power isn't about, using an old Polo gti lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Khufu View Post
    Haven't heard about it. did quick look & saw this : http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/133403-la...orth-east.html

Not too may Shell stations near me, I know there is one in kilmarnock that sells V-power, no idea if they have any though.
    Thats the one i use and they have none.

Ill try and do some data logs and see what the Correction Factors are like running tesco 99ron, once the vpower is available again i will be filling up straight away. Dont really like running fuel i have no experience with.

Davie

4th Gear

Status
    Kirkcaldy had some on Monday

Neutral

Status
    there was a similar problem here in bristol - we had no v-power for a week. Shell's technical team advised it was caused by routine maintenance at the refinery which took longer to bring back on line than planned.

5th Gear

Status
    There's V Power here. Petrol and Diesel. Infact, my local Shell didn't have any regular diesel, only V Power the last time I went!

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

Add N8 on Facebook Visit N8's Instagram Channel
    V-Power in Manc last friday, then in bristol on friday, but no V-Power diesel when I went to top up in bristol last nite

"Will these wheel fit my car PM's will not be replied to, do you research & use the SEARCH button"

Detailing - Wheel Refurbishment - Shark Performance Software - VagbremTechnic Dealer - OEM Retrofitting - Remus - V-Maxx - Goodridge

1st Gear

Status
    Hi , excuse my ignorence but can someone please tell me what the difference is between v-power and the rest , thanks ?

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by shilts View Post
    Hi , excuse my ignorence but can someone please tell me what the difference is between v-power and the rest , thanks ?
    99ron vs 95ron and a few pence lol

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by david_phillips95 View Post
    99ron vs 95ron and a few pence lol
    I usually find I get around 30miles per tank extra compared to 95ron.

MODERATOR V6 S3 Hybrid

Status
    I couldnt find any near me! Hope its back soon!!!

Mauritus Blue 3.2 V6 S Line Quattro DSG Xenons Sunroof Leather Sat Nav/Changer/TV/Text W8 & Int Light Pack Dark H/Lining Tints PDC S3 Kit '11 Rears Sachs/Eibachs & more... Build Thread

Reverse Gear

Status
    Have it in Dorset, but travelling to Cornwall next week!!!!

Audi=No fault code, no idea

Status
    Now look....Tesco 99 ron is as good as you will get. We have been over this a dozen times on these threads and every time we find its perfectly good. I even ran a dyno test on this stuff and Tesco super was worth 10 bhp over 95 ron unleaded ..in my 3.2
    Ibis white Revo S3 and now matching Vivaro LWB HR 2900 :-)

Many people are alive because its illegal to shoot them.

6th Gear

Status
    What about cleaning properties though? Few scary FSi stories starting to emerge over carbon build-up :-(
    2003-2008 1998 Red A3 8L 1.8 Sport
    2008 -> 2003 Akoya Silver A3 8P1 2.0 FSi Sport

Status
    I have heard a few problems in the US but they are using 87 ron etc. Carbon build up is going to be an increasing problem but not through petrol ( our BS std petrol is some of the highest in the world) but in closed circuit breathing..

Most people here keep their cars for a short time, 2-3-4 years and the petrol is not going to effect them. spend the money on as many oil changes as you can if you want long life from your engine and make sure you have the best air filter money can buy.
    Everyone has a preference but posts like Oh god..no V power !!and non here either, hope its back soon !! etc are a little over the top.

1st Gear

Status
    The one in alexandra parada, denniston always had it for the last 2 weeks when i went (i go about 3 times in a week) . Try there for vpower since mostly all other garages are dry of vpower in glasgow.
    Audi S3 8P2 | Merlin Purple | Black Optics | Recaro Bucket Seats | Privacy Glass | Bi-Xenon Adaptive Headlights | Bluetooth Phone Prep. | MTM Stage 2 | Milltek TBE | ITG Stage 2 Induction Kit | Odyssey Racing 40 Battery | Rev D DV | Denso IK24 Spark Plugs | RS4 Pressure Regulator Valve | TTS Engine cover | To do: Autotech HPFP

Status
    Have a read of this...
    The Tesco 99 fuel again outperformed V Power in all the tests but the differences between the two fuels were marginal and we doubt most people would tell the difference in their cars on a day to day basis. However the Tesco fuel was the most consistent.

http://www.thorneymotorsport.co.uk/t...s_Update.shtml

1st Gear

Status
    Plenty v power in Edinburgh 1.25 litre .......
    S3 SOLD
    Phantom Black S3 . MTM Stage 2 , Buckets , H&R , Milltek ......every Audi option.....................

Now running on Bentley's y'all

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by paddy View Post
    Have a read of this...
    The Tesco 99 fuel again outperformed V Power in all the tests but the differences between the two fuels were marginal and we doubt most people would tell the difference in their cars on a day to day basis. However the Tesco fuel was the most consistent.

http://www.thorneymotorsport.co.uk/t...s_Update.shtml
    Considering that guy is sponsored by Tesco 99, I'd assume it's biased paid-for spin.
    A3 3.2 V6 S-Line | Brilliant Black | Full Votex Kit | 18" Cades Bern / 19" Bentley 5 Spokes in flat grey with 215/35 Falkens | Custom Code Remap
    V-Maxx coilovers | Remus exhaust | Pipercross Viper | Goodridge Brake Lines | RNS-E | Bluetooth | FBMFSW
    Previous VAGs: 99 S4 Biturbo | 06 Golf GT TDI | 08 A4 S-Line TDI PD140 | 02 Passat 4.0 W8
    Other toy: Suzuki GSX-R750 K3 Black/Silver

Leather arm rest for sale | S3 mirror covers for sale | 09 3dr tail lights wanted | Twin grills wanted PM me!

Ibis S3 Fan Club

Status
    Was a problem in Aberdeen for a week, but back to normal as of Wednesday. Supposedly due to a strike at Stanlow refinery or tanker drivers from Stanlow refinery!
    10 Plate / 2010 Ibis S3 - Buckets, Bose, Black Optics Grill, GSM Prep + IPhone4 cradle, Light & Rain Sensors, Interior Light Pack, PDC+,19" BBS CH Black Edition Alloys, GIAC Stg1, VWR Panel Filter, VWR custom front springs, VW Uprated Rear ARB. Mich PSS Tyres

To do: 2010 Rns-e, Haldex Performance Controller.

Status
    what you saying then Pete ? he fixed the dyno tests to make V power come last ??

Status
    what you saying then Pete ? he fixed the dyno tests to make V power come last ??
    I wouldn't make such suggestions on a public forum!

But notice the line: "Bottom line? Use the Tesco 99 fuel where you can find it"

and the sponsor logo:

and tell me if this is the best guy to take fuel advice from!
    A3 3.2 V6 S-Line | Brilliant Black | Full Votex Kit | 18" Cades Bern / 19" Bentley 5 Spokes in flat grey with 215/35 Falkens | Custom Code Remap
    V-Maxx coilovers | Remus exhaust | Pipercross Viper | Goodridge Brake Lines | RNS-E | Bluetooth | FBMFSW
    Previous VAGs: 99 S4 Biturbo | 06 Golf GT TDI | 08 A4 S-Line TDI PD140 | 02 Passat 4.0 W8

Leather arm rest for sale | S3 mirror covers for sale | 09 3dr tail lights wanted | Twin grills wanted PM me!

Status
    Well until some one comes up with something that says V power is even 1% better than Tesco 99 i will stick with tesco thanks. its a free choice but posts like...its doing my head in because i have had to put a couple of gallons of Tesco in my car...are plain daft !!
    I see he is sponsored by Milltek so best avoid them as well ! and Recaro...and superchips...

Status
    Well until some one comes up with something that says V power is even 1% better than Tesco 99 i will stick with tesco thanks. its a free choice but posts like...its doing my head in because i have had to put a couple of gallons of Tesco in my car...are plain daft !!
    I see he is sponsored by Milltek so best avoid them as well ! and Recaro...and superchips...
    I'm not saying for one second that I think V Power is better than Tesco 99. I run my car on V Power, BP Ultimate, or whatever other super unleaded fuel is nearby when I need to fill up.

I agree that the anti-99 comments make no sense, and have no basis.

Now as for bias.... I'm not saying to avoid Tesco 99, Milltek, Recaro or Superchips. But if he posted a page up saying why Milltek is the best exhaust, Recaro the best seats, and Superchips the best remap, then I wouldn't take that as an unbiased guide that has been put together for our good!

Status
    OK ,mate..fair enough...

Off topic but did you see we fixed the 3.2 hesitation problem ?

3rd Gear

Status
    I just use what ever the dame station has! Standard unleaded most of the time! I should start using the v power or super stuff really I guess! 1.279, however, is a rip off!!
    Audi TT - 2.0TFSI - Ibis White

Status
    OK ,mate..fair enough...

Off topic but did you see we fixed the 3.2 hesitation problem ?
    I didn't see that, but that would explain why you seem happier! What was the issue in the end?

Neutral

Status
    plenty of v power here in newport. you guys tha cant get it in bristol wanna pop over lol

6th Gear

Status
    v power in cov. bloody gone up 8pence in 5 days!!! 1.28 now!!
    2000 AMK S3, Revo'd, forge 007p, B8's, H&R's, tarox g88's, ferrodo ds2500's, and in the fastest colour

3rd Gear

Status
    Everyone has a preference but posts like Oh god..no V power !!and non here either, hope its back soon !! etc are a little over the top.
    Hardly over the top, I do not trust tesco fuels after the damage their fuel caused many motorists a few years ago:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-440414/Tesco-pays-cars-hit-rogue-fuel.html

As i said im running it the now to get by but i will be glad to get it out my tank when Vpower is back again.

Davie

Neutral

Status
    wonder if GBP 1.28 per liter or per gallon? cause it's GBP 1.30 per liter equivalent here in Hong Kong....!!!!
    !#*%$(!*$%#(@!$*(#!$*
    Jul-09 :audi: S3 Sportback (8PA)
    Haldex 4 | Witness | KW V3| MFBSW | DVN-A3 | VR G2 | PSS | Recaro OEM Buckets | Stinger DSI | Alcon | Forge DV | MTM Full Exhaust & ECU Remap
    Gone: GC-05K | PS2 | STi-R | ZR4 | Bluefin | D-Spark

1st Gear

Status
    I read in the last Shell V-Power Magazine that some areas of Europe get a more advanced version of V-Power Unleaded than we do (Italy sticks in memory). It is called "Instant Performance Technology"

It should be available in the UK at some point.

Could this be start of the change over?
    Last edited by Splathead; 3rd April 2010 at 05:51.
    Present - 8V S3 3 Door S3 S-Tronic. Estoril Blue, LED Headlights, Super Sports Seats, Technology Pack, Folding & Dimming Mirrors, Interior Light Pack, Bang & Olufsen, Comfort Pack with Cruise Control & Rear Parking Sensors, Reversible Boot Liner, Tyre Pressure Monitor, Non Smoking Pack, Hold Assist

Past "Highlights" - 2008 S3 (8P2), 2004 Alfa 147GTa, 1999 Fiat Coupe 20v Turbo LE, 1994 Astra GSi 16v

4th Gear

Status
    Higher octane ?

Neutral

Status
    has any1 heard anythink about the new one texaco have started doing??? tecron i think its called. just heard about it on the radio

4th Gear

Status

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Haz1 View Post
    The one in alexandra parada, denniston always had it for the last 2 weeks when i went (i go about 3 times in a week) . Try there for vpower since mostly all other garages are dry of vpower in glasgow.
    Cheers mate that was a good shout! Filled up last night :D 64.01 lol

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Splathead View Post
    I read in the last Shell V-Power Magazine that some areas of Europe get a more advanced version of V-Power Unleaded than we do (Italy sticks in memory). It is called "Instant Performance Technology"

It should be available in the UK at some point.

Could this be start of the change over?
    You read a magazine on Petrol !!!!! ?

Status
    anyone know where i can get fresh Scottish air for my tires down south...starting to panic a bit now.....Everywhere is sold out !!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast