Tomtom Go 720

Reaction score
My Tomtom is just over 2 years old now and after 6 months of constant nagging by Tomtom Home that my maps were out of date, a family member bought me the latest western european maps for Christmas.

After removing some minor files from the satnav, I managed to upload the latest map and everything was hunky-dory. The problem now is that the next map update is available, but I have absolutely no room for installing it, other than by removing the computer voice.

Can this be resolved by inserting an SD card and will it still work without me having to switch between the internal hard drive and SD card? Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

Have you tried a bigger SD Card??

What have you got in there already?

I bought a larger capacity memory card for my Tom Tom Rider V2 and copied the old card to it and then did my updates as I couldn't upload them the other way as it told me the original memory card didn't have enough memory.

Should be fine running with both the internal memory and the SD card. :)

My 720 GO did this recently so I deleted the old Western Europe maps before letting it update. It only needs one on there anyway.

Have you tried a bigger SD Card??

What have you got in there already?

I haven't bought an SD card for it yet. What size would you suggest? I would like to buy the American maps later as well

Last edited: