Speeding

indiemike

ZoomZoom
Reaction score
Just a quick question

I drove past a police car on the m52 before doing 80ish and he was hidden around the corner, I wasn't pulled over or anything, just wonder if they could fine me 4 it??

It was just a normally v50 patrol car by the look of it

cheers

9 times out of 10 if you drove past a marked car and they were going to get you they would do it there and then.

If they were just in the car as I could see, do they have equipment to produce a ticket

Like the use of a radar gun or do they need photographic evidence of the offience

There's no way of knowing what equipment hey have in the car, but yes a radar gun would record your speed, but most likely theu would have followed you and stopped you there and then I would have thought.

I don't think they need photographic evidence of the offence no, or to be wearing a hat, or to be in pairs or any of those other old wives tales!

They wouldn't normally do you for 80 on the motorway unless it had roadworks or similar with a reduced speed limit. You are normally OK under 85 on a national speed limit motorway

When I seen the car I looked straight at my speedo and was Reading 80mph but I'm sure it's 3mph over so would be actually doin 77mph

Been Reading that 78mph is ok with the 10% tolerence rule so reckon I'll be ok

Thanks 4 the help

I think you will be fine, I regularly overtake traffic cars on the motorway who are doing around 70, I like creep past them doing no more than 80 and signal to move back over to the left lane and slowly drive away. It amazes me how many cars actually stay behind them on the M40 holding traffic up, and when I make the move, everyone follows suit. :)