Badger5Monster Motorsport
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Wheel storage?

  1. #1
    ScottD3's Avatar
    I want your faulty electronics

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    English Riviera
    Posts
    15,003

    Wheel storage?

    I've almost got my self organised enough to order some new wheels for the Audi and the Pug.
    The issues I'm having is storage of the old sets.

    There is a set of winter and a set for summer and I lack space of a garage so trying to work out the best way to store the wheels I'm not using.

    The first thing I'm doing is ordering 2 sets of Audi wheel storage bags. Wheel Bags.
    Storing the wheels in the house in not possible so I'm looking to outside alternatives. I was thinking of getting two of theses B&Q Deluxe Storage Box, 17185300 but I already have 2 and I don't think they are wide enough for a set of 18" with 225/40+ tyres.
    I'm looking at other alternatives.

    Has any one got any ideas and tips for storing wheels and tyres out side in a some form of shed?

    Thanks.

    New Car, New Thread: Scott's Akoya Silver A8
    Gone But Not Forgotten: Audrey's Build Thread

  2. # ADS
    ADS
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Global
    Posts
    Many
     
  3. #2
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Mid Sussex
    Posts
    34
    I store mine in one of these

    Overlap Mower Store

  4. #3
    ScottD3's Avatar
    I want your faulty electronics

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    English Riviera
    Posts
    15,003
    Quote Originally Posted by N3DXT View Post
    I store mine in one of these

    Overlap Mower Store
    That's a nice shed.
    That's the sort of thing i'm after but not that big.

    That's almost as big as my garden. lol

    New Car, New Thread: Scott's Akoya Silver A8
    Gone But Not Forgotten: Audrey's Build Thread

  5. #4
    SamDude's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    London
    Posts
    2,091
    Big Yellow Self Storage?

    (*other storage warehouses also available)
    A4 2.0TDI S Line (2008)
    MMI/Sat Nav, Parking System Advanced, Advanced Key


  6. #5
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    346

  7. #6
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by scott b5 View Post
    I've almost got my self organised enough to order some new wheels for the Audi and the Pug.
    The issues I'm having is storage of the old sets.

    There is a set of winter and a set for summer and I lack space of a garage so trying to work out the best way to store the wheels I'm not using.

    The first thing I'm doing is ordering 2 sets of Audi wheel storage bags. Wheel Bags.
    Storing the wheels in the house in not possible so I'm looking to outside alternatives. I was thinking of getting two of theses B&Q Deluxe Storage Box, 17185300 but I already have 2 and I don't think they are wide enough for a set of 18" with 225/40+ tyres.
    I'm looking at other alternatives.

    Has any one got any ideas and tips for storing wheels and tyres out side in a some form of shed?

    Thanks.
    We should go for the branded wheel bags, which is easy to carry...

  8. #7
    ScottD3's Avatar
    I want your faulty electronics

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    English Riviera
    Posts
    15,003
    Quote Originally Posted by Mckenzie500 View Post
    We should go for the branded wheel bags, which is easy to carry...
    Theres?
    Wheel Bags.

    New Car, New Thread: Scott's Akoya Silver A8
    Gone But Not Forgotten: Audrey's Build Thread

  9. #8
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    10
    It is a set of winter and the summer set, and I want a space in the garage, so trying to figure out the best way to store the wheel does not use reflection.

  10. #9
    riggssuzuki's Avatar
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Elgin, Scotland
    Posts
    444
    In Norway they have a wheel 'hotel'. Store your winter tyres/wheels there in summer turn up in winter change them over and store the summer ones all for a fee of course but ace idea.


    2011 A4 2.0 TFSI Quattro Dynamik. IBIS White.

  11. #10
    ScottD3's Avatar
    I want your faulty electronics

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    English Riviera
    Posts
    15,003
    Quote Originally Posted by riggssuzuki View Post
    In Norway they have a wheel 'hotel'. Store your winter tyres/wheels there in summer turn up in winter change them over and store the summer ones all for a fee of course but ace idea.
    Thats a cracking idea.
    I need to get me a garage. lol

    New Car, New Thread: Scott's Akoya Silver A8
    Gone But Not Forgotten: Audrey's Build Thread

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Audi Wheel Storage Bags ( used £55 plus postage...
    By Kelza in forum For Sale/Wanted - Audi Parts
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10th October 2011, 21:32
  2. Boot Storage
    By Dilligaf-UK in forum A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 2nd July 2011, 10:19
  3. How do you remove the storage compartment?
    By doublem_1 in forum A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 9th September 2010, 13:59
  4. Coilover Storage
    By Paul_c in forum General Automotive Chat
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 20th May 2010, 20:36
  5. S3 Storage
    By rvision in forum A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 15th June 2009, 17:26

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO

Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO