A4 2.5TDi Remapping

AlexGSi2000

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Hi,

Does anyone know any custom mappers that would be able to sort out a remap for me?

The car is a 2003 A4 2.5TDi Quattro (AKE 180) engine.

So far I have had two local companies load maps onto the car, the first one failed to make standard power (rolling road result was 178bhp at Dyno Dynamics), the second map was slightly different - may have even been the same map file?

People have stated that 200bhp should be achievable - I just need to find a decent map / mapper to sort things out.

Mechanically, the car is sound - top ends were rebuilt last year due to cam wear, fuel pump timing is spot on according to VCDS - no other error codes.
All logs are consistent - boost, MAF readings.etc

I know diesels tend to smoke once they have been remapped, but mine is clean and doesn't smoke.
I'm guessing the file maps that have been used have not touched the fueling / smoke ****** maps to keep the average customer happy.

I bought a KWP2000+ and copied the current map from the car, I loaded the map into VAG EDCsuite - hit the virtual dyno button and supposedly its 168bhp max with torque slightly over standard - im not sure if this would be accurate or not, but kind of explains why its lacking somewhat.

Have you got an exhaust on it? And does your car have dpf?

If it has a dpf that will be why it is not smoking, however if you remove this you will get amazing power gains and also a nice exhaust note - down side is it will smoke.

There are various different place which offer generic or custom re maps, if you type it in on search box there is plenty to have a brwose through. All depends on what you are wanting (y)

Hope this has sehd some light.

You could try Rick at Unicorn. He's a site sponsor based in Stockport.
He did the remapped my A3 2.0TDI, highly recommend him.