Cheaper TDi tuning modules, anyone used one?

Fitted a cheap dragon box off ebay to my 97 A4 TDI 110. Was very pleased, lots more poke, also masked/cured my 3000rpm overboost problem, pulls like a train upto 4500k. The car does seem to adapt a bit after a month or so, but a quick change of the adjustment screw brings the power back online.
Wish there was some way of bringing my turbo online a bit sooner, but i would probably miss all the smoke lol.

[ QUOTE ]
Fitted a cheap dragon box off ebay to my 97 A4 TDI 110. Was very pleased, lots more poke, also masked/cured my 3000rpm overboost problem, pulls like a train upto 4500k. The car does seem to adapt a bit after a month or so, but a quick change of the adjustment screw brings the power back online.
Wish there was some way of bringing my turbo online a bit sooner, but i would probably miss all the smoke lol.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds like you might have a slight boost leak if your Turbo is not coming in sooner than that..i would go round all your Intercooler hoses and check them and tighten hose clips

I just put box on mine as well sourced from Germany ..very happy to ...not so bad now jumping from the S4 to the TDI /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Turbo kicks in around 1750rpm as normal, but the car goes into limp mode just under 3000rpm under full acceleration or going uphill. Car has variable vane turbo and Peirburg hot wire maf, + turbo actuator moves freely.
A leak in the boost system was a major suspect, along with ecu pressure switch/tube and n75 valve equivalent, but i never managed to pinpoint the problem. I suspect that my inlet manifold is fully clogged up too.
The tuning box masks the overboost signal, not sure how healthy for the engine that is though.
One thing i did notice when i first bought the car was that the egr valve was new, and it looked like the old one had been blowing soot across the engine.

I've bought a £50 tuning box off of ebay for my 2.5 v6 tdi but I can't find where the air intake temperature sensor is.

Can anyone give me a clue/post a photo?

Thanks!

I just bought one too and can't see where the damn sensor is, must put on my glasses!!!