Goodwood Green

Katy_S3

Goodwood Green Baby
Reaction score
My car appears to not had much TLC in its life well not the exterior anyway.........what polish shall i use dont think there has been much mention of green audis.

Also whats this waxing lark dont think i've ever used wax

Katy_S3 said:

now thats a setup for a joke if ever i saw one...

Take a look at the sticky threads, especially the polished bliss car care guides, I found em really useful, don't think Iv'e never seen your colour car in the flesh but no doubt it'll look pukka when it's shiny n clean,

Have fun.:icon_thumright:

Katy_S3 said:

every_hair.jpg

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Katy_S3 said:
My car appears to not had much TLC in its life well not the exterior anyway.........what polish shall i use dont think there has been much mention of green audis.

Hiya,

How old is your car? What exactly is your paintwork like too? Any pics you could post up as this might be quite useful?

Also, what are you trying to do - remove dull oxidation effects, polish swirls out, clay the surface, mask swirls with chemicals???

Protection then comes in the form of say, an acrylic sealant or carnauba wax. The sealant or wax wont really hide scratches terribly well. Tell us more about your paintwork and what you would like to do to give it some TLC as you say.

Cheers:icon_thumright:

jr001 said:
Hiya,

How old is your car? What exactly is your paintwork like too? Any pics you could post up as this might be quite useful?

Also, what are you trying to do - remove dull oxidation effects, polish swirls out, clay the surface, mask swirls with chemicals???

Protection then comes in the form of say, an acrylic sealant or carnauba wax. The sealant or wax wont really hide scratches terribly well. Tell us more about your paintwork and what you would like to do to give it some TLC as you say.

Cheers:icon_thumright:

Well unless you tell me about some miracle the car will be going in for full respray............there is a scuff on the front bumper and fair few stone chips on the bonnet, there are 2 scratchs on the roof, there are numerous on the drivers door, there is a patch on the rear quarter panel where the last owner didnt wash off the bird **** and it has took a few pink ****** of paint off.................yes im really not joking the last owner only cared about the engine and just left the outside to get on with it. all scratchs are very fine but dont want car to look like patch work quilt hence thinking about full re spray! car was priced reflecting the work needed so not throwing money away!

Car is 2002 plate with below average miles so again re-spray could be quite worth while for re-sale

You might want to get a hold of a pro detailer in your area to carry out a paint inspection and give you the low down in line with your needs/wants. If a pro can bring it up to your requirements for say £500 - £1000 (guessing cause I can't see the scratches etc) then that would save you a fair wee bit on a total respray.

But a respray, make sure it's a good one, will have it looking brand new.

Insist on no orange peel on any panel and make sure they give you good paint thickness. Also, get as many clearcoat layers as you possibly can, as future machine polishing of swirls etc would give the next detailer plenty to work with. Keep good records of the work carried out also, as this would benefit the detailer and all others in the future.

Hope this helps KatyS3.

As John says, I'd get a pro detailer in first, as you'd be amazed at what can be achieved without resorting to a full respray. What area are you in, might be able to make a confident recommendation for a detailer close to you. :)