Guess what came this morning?

pav-g

Reaction score
Ordered Wednesday and arrived today. Got a bit carried away but hey its not everyday I'll be ordering from Autopia... enjoy

IMG_2401.jpg

IMG_2402.jpg

IMG_2403.jpg

IMG_2404.jpg

IMG_2405.jpg

IMG_2406.jpg

IMG_2407.jpg

IMG_2409.jpg

All I need now is to source a transformer, extension lead and plug...

Yeah someone else mentioned that, will pop down over weekend, if I can wait that long...

Pav did you have to pay import duty on all that lot??

How much did it set you back btw??

I didn't get my PC from them because I thought I'd have to pay tax....bum!

Looks like you've got a busy weekend ahead :)

I'm planning on giving my S3 a good seeing too tomorrow. Used it on my girlfriends heavily swirled FTO a couple of weeks ago...spend around 6 hours on it and it looks great. Planning around 10 hours on the S3.

Did you get some of those small spot foam pads? Do you need a smaller counter weight for the PC head?

Thanks for your comments guys and no its not going to bed with me tnite, perhaps tmrw... absolutely shattered spent 5 hours in casualty, son broke his wrist so a bit of a dampener. Thanks for the suggestions on where to buy transformer and bits and bobs, we have a machine mart just down the road so probably buy from there.... now whos car can I practise on - any takers!!!

Sorry to hear that, hope he's ok!

You are more than welcome to practice on mine its in a right mess.

Yeah my lads fine, he's just excited that he's broken a bone and all the attention he'l be getting at school from his female peers - wonder where he gets that from. Yeah Ive got my brothers focus booked in this sunday, next sunday il be working on my mates 52plate sky blue a4 and the week after is free - seriously I dont mind I live in bradford, west yorks so if your local pm me

Glad to hear he's okay.

You practise on your own mate!!!!

But has yours not been done recently??

Yeah I had my a4 detailed in feb but since then (even though im very careful when washing car) a few scratches have appeared so will be practising on my own car over weekend, but apart from removing swirls its great for putting and buffing polish

Pav I may take you up on that offer sometime soon, mine looks like it has been washed with a Brillo pad. I will make it worth your while mind.

john

john2garden said:
Pav I may take you up on that offer sometime soon, mine looks like it has been washed with a Brillo pad. I will make it worth your while mind.

john

Yeah no probs John, were all a bunch of friendly, supportive members... just pm me and we'l arrange something...

pav-g said:
Yeah no probs John, were all a bunch of friendly, supportive members... just pm me and we'l arrange something...

You mean I could have saved my £'s and let you do it instead:faint:

easytease said:
so what cutting polish did you go for to work with the vag paint? its tough stuff!

I'll be getting my hands on some mezerna PO85RD3.02 as that worked excellent on my audi when I got it detailed back in feb (works well on vag paint) then follow up by using Menzerna Final Finish PO85RD to refine the finish further.

Niknak said:
You mean I could have saved my £'s and let you do it instead:faint:

Hey Niknak Im just a beginner like you mate, but find the world of detailing fascinating. Im gonna have a chat with Steve (the detailer) and see if we can arrange a little training day in leeds for a select few. manchesters not far so you can come over. We'l probably learn loads more than venture on our own. Ive seen Steve detail two cars in full (mine and my bros audi cab) and its all been sinking in so I am pretty confident. Just need to buy a tranny, extn lead etc