Apologies, new management, and we have the keys!

WX51TXR

Polished Bliss
Reaction score
Website
www.polishedbliss.co.uk
This is my first time on in many days, and I have to apologise for the lack of attention paid to our section over the last week or two; the fact of the matter is, even with three of us working hard at it, we haven’t been able to keep up with everything. As a result, we are putting in place some changes…

New management

From the outset, Polished Bliss has been a 50:50 partnership between Angela and myself, although many people have often assumed that the business belongs to me, and that Angela plays a peripheral role. This could not be further from the truth; whilst it is true that I am the more public partner, dealing with the forums, e-mails, enquiries and open days, etc, Angela works just as hard behind the scenes looking after all of our administrative matters, finances and legal matters. Until now, she has been doing this whilst also holding down a day job, starting up a fledging business of her own and being a damn fine mum to our kids. On reflection, she had probably put more into Polished Bliss than me, and as a result has finally become overloaded with work.

To remedy this, last week she quit her day job, which represents another big decision for us, as now our eggs are firmly in one basket. Angela will now be managing the day to day running of the store, in addition to her former tasks. This will free up my time to get on top of the forums, e-mails and phone calls, and also to get back to what I enjoy doing most; lots of detailing work and webmaster duties. Therefore, Angela will be answering the phone a lot more, and will be dealing with all order and pricing enquiries, plus basic detailing advice. Enquiries about detailing work and technical advice requests will be passed to either me or Clark, depending on who is available.

So, please all show Angela the respect she deserves when getting in touch, she isn’t the secretary, she’s actually the boss!

New commercial premises

At long last we took possession of our new home last Friday, and set to work getting it ready on Saturday morning! We have a lot more to do before moving in and opening, but the likely timescale is 3-4 weeks to moving in, and 4-5 weeks to being fully open. More updates will be posted as certain stages are reached. Whilst a bit smaller than the purpose built unit we had hoped to get, we still have ample room for a large, fully kitted out detailing bay, large stock holding area and office/toilet block, so happy days, and enough room for now.

In order to ready us for working from the unit as opposed to home (no more sitting around in my PJ’s answering e-mails!), we are changing our opening hours with immediate effect. We will now be open Monday – Friday 9.30 am to 5.30 pm, with late night opening on Thursday to 8.00 pm. Please note that this covers all aspects of the business; phone calls, products collections, requests to view cars, etc – also, stock will no longer be held at our house, so evening and weekend collections won’t be possible from now on.

Also on this note, for the next 4-5 weeks until we are fully moved into the unit, we would ask anyone thinking of popping in for products to phone in advance and arrange a convenient time. If we don’t answer the phone it means we are not free! The next 4-5 weeks are going to be very hard for us, so please bear with us if we are unable to be as attentive as normal. Thanks in advance for your patience.

:)

Rich - Angela,

Congrat on the continued growth - sounds like your taking some risk, but exciting times are ahead and I'm sure with the loyal customer base you've developed you'll pull it off!

:)

Good luck with it all Rich!

I'll bet you're looking forward to cleaning cars for a living again. I'm liking the new place, a good drive and easy to find.

Good luck in the new 'Home' you will have to post some pics of your move!
Ian

Sir you and your better half are a Stars. :rockwoot:

It take a great deal to set up in business, a great deal that 9 to 5 peeps don't really understand. Never seen are the endless hours and the drop of a hat details, that demand attention irrelevant of social or domestic engagements.

Hope every thing runs well for you and yours.

Regards

S :applaus:

Rich - Angela,
Congratulations on your new home and the next phase of development of your business.
Wish you guys all the best .........:respekt:

Congratulation Rich & Angela. I remember back when you first set PB up, and its great to see how its grown and how successful it become! Well done!