Anyone got a Porter Cable?

dickys3

Staff member
Reaction score
Just bought one /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/woohoo.gif

Gonna get some meg's #83 and #80 and finish off with P21s..

I'm gonna:-

Wash with NXT
Dry
Clay
Meg's #83 with light cutting orange pad
Megs #80 with Polishing pad
P21's on by hand, off with PC.

Should look good!

[ QUOTE ]
Is this english... ??? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif LOL

[/ QUOTE ]

Afraid so! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif

Errr... no link /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif, but its the Dawgs Danglies...does a real fine job if done properly /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif.. I got one and what a finish it produces.. leaves no swirlies on the paint at all.. absolute Dawgs ...well pleased wif mine /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/fuck_you.gif

Errr... Yes thats the fellow, problem is its an American tool, therefore needs a 110v Transformer to operate, but It don't burn the paint and thats guaranteed.. Then you buy Sonus Polishing Bonnets and Hey Presto! Ultimate Mirror Finish and no Swirls.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/fuck_you.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile_smoking.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

Yep thats the one!

I'll take some nice pics when I have done the work...

You won't regret it bud... the biggest problem I had was finding enough time to do it all properly. If you have a garage with plenty of space you're laughing! Otherwise you might be better off waiting til spring when it's a bit warmer with more hours of daylight /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

If I was you though, I'd put the wax on with the PC then remove it by hand. I found removing residue with the PC a pain in the ****.

And if you're going to do it all at this time of year, I'd put a layer of synthetic wax under the P21S... something like the Megs NXT stuff... if much more resistant to the elements.

Good luck! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I bought one about a year ago...mmmmm...not used it yet as I decided to have a respray insead....lazy person that I am LOL

Thanks for all the advice. Looking forward to using it now!