An enhancement detail on a BMW645 which due to the amount of swirls was being robbed of any depth to the pant or reflections. Which stands out even more under the halogen spot light when doing the 50/50 shots
And the dirt build up and zebra stripes on the roof was also letting the car down
Products and equipment used
Uber microfiber towels
Chemical guy’s woolly mammoth drying towel
3m yellow pads 150mm 75 mm
3m blue pads 150mm 75mm
140 mm Lake county ultimate last stage Pad
Halogen site lights
Makita rotary polisher
303 convertible top cleaner
303 high tech fabric guard
Blackfire all finish paint protection
Blackfire Midnight sun wax
3m masking tape
Costco microfibre towels
Meguiars hyper dressing
Valet pro citrus bling
Bilt Hamber AutoWheels
Valet Pro PH neutral Snowfoam
Valet pro tyre dressing
Bilt Hamber clay bar
Kranzle pressure washer
Carpro Sheepskin wash mitt
Noodle wash mitt
Carpro Lambs wool wash mitt
Poorboys microfibre clothes
Uber buffing clothes
Autobrite Snow foam gun
Chemical guys Jetseal 109
Autosol metal polish
00 grade wire wool
Some photos of the car before I start
The car was then given its first coat of snow foam whilst this was dwelling I went round the car using APC in a foaming head bottle cleaning the fuel filler area and various gaps and grills. The snowfoam was then blasted off with the pressure washer, and then the car was given another coat of the same mix snowfoam and then cleaned off again at this point it started to rain so the car was brought into the unit.
The car was washed using the 2 bucket method with grit guards in both buckets and a Carpro lambswool wash mitt.
The car was then rinsed off using an open ended hose and I then went round the car with Tardis which was left to go to work before being wiped down with microfibre clothes. The car was then given a coat of Ironx again left to do its stuff before the car was washed doing using the pressure washer.
The car was clayed using citrus bling and water mix (10 to 1) and a Bilt hamber soft clay bar which helped to pull more contaminates from the paint work it was then rewashed using the same method and dried using the woolly mammoth. As it was still raining the wheels where left until I could get the car back outside but they where cleaned using Bilt Hamber AutoWheels which is another new product to me which I’m really impressed with as fronts of the wheels was just given a coat of this and then left to dwell for a couple of minutes then removed using the pressure washer, the inner face’s of the wheels are in a very poor state I think the owner is looking at getting them powdercoated in the original silver finish as the really let the final look of the car down this is something we will be able to offer as part of our detailing packages soon.
The arches where next and they where sprayed with APC and cleaned using various brushes and a noodle wash mitt. They where then sprayed with Tardis which was left do its stuff whilst I moved onto the next arch before going back and being wiped down with a microfibre cloth.
The roof was cleaned using the 303 cleaner which I did twice as the amount of muck and mold on the roof was unreal
Before I started polishing the car I decided to go round and dress the arches using Meguiars hyper dressing
A few 50/50 shots using my site lights