Halfords Touch-Up Paint Nib?

A3 T

Lord Of The Rings
Reaction score
Hi guys

I've had a few of these kits in the past and this is going to sound like a stupid question but......

From what I've read there should be a metal tube to allow you to fill in small chips, The problem is i cant find it......lol

I know that if you unscrew it then you have a fine brush, and if you pull the lid off its meant to reveal the this tube... But if i pull the lid off all i end up with is a hole and the metal tube stays in the lid.

Like i said I've got a few of these kits and they are all the same.

Any ideas or am i missing something ?

Last edited:
Always buy your touch up kit's from maindealer.. Use a cocktail stick if need be.

halfords crap as usual as colin said get either main dealer or a car paint specalist can mix up the right colour for you all you need is the colour code

Thanks for the replies guys ;)

But i think you've miss read my question......lol

I've already got a couple of there kits, what i want to know is where is the metal tube (nib) ?

it should be there when you take the cap off if its not then take it back as ask halfrauds where it is as its been manufactured wrongly i would have thought mate

it should be there when you take the cap off if its not then take it back as ask halfrauds where it is as its been manufactured wrongly i would have thought mate

I don't think anything is missing mate as I've got a few of these kits now from previous cars...etc and i cant see it in any of them :(

hmmm i dont know then soz dude

No probs mate ;)

I have tried using a tooth pick (cocktail stick) but the trouble is that the paint seems to instantly dry on the stick and not come off onto the paintwork....lol