Safe to clay?

Vazza

Reaction score
How soon after a respray is it safe to clay/polish? Thanks in advance.

does it really need claying so soon after a respray , how long ago was the paintwork done mate?

its safe mate, your not rubbing clear coat off your lightly claying to remove contaminents so it should be fine mate, you can polish aswel mate, what do you think they do when they finish spraying a car at these local spray shops, they always buff it with some crap polish and leave buffer trails everywhere so yes mate it is safe to do both

Good to know, thanks! The car was resprayed just over a week ago but thinking ahead for future details ;)

Its the sealant and waxes you want to avoid for a while. The paint is 'gassing out' or 'off-gassing' which basically mean the solvents evaporate and you dont want to stop that process as this is what allows the paint to cure and fully harden. How long does this take, quick answer: its a long story, I would leave it at least a month to be safe especially at this time of year i would leave it longer. Basically ,let the paint breathe for a while.........

top advice mate, people probably not sure on how paint works sometimes so always good for proffesional advice

Its the sealant and waxes you want to avoid for a while. The paint is 'gassing out' or 'off-gassing' which basically mean the solvents evaporate and you dont want to stop that process as this is what allows the paint to cure and fully harden. How long does this take, quick answer: its a long story, I would leave it at least a month to be safe especially at this time of year i would leave it longer. Basically ,let the paint breathe for a while.........

i was just about to say about the gassing out until i see you beat me to it, yes 110% on the money!