Best quick detailer/gloss spray

phoenixv6quattro

staylowmovefast
Reaction score
Currently I have several layers of Blackfire Midnight Sun Wax on my Santorin Blue Pearl A4. I want to invest in a gloss enhancing spray and would like to ask you lot what the good stuff is, and if it will be compatible with the Blackfire (as I'm sure someone said that due to the special polymers etc in the Blackfire, not everything is compatible...). I was looking at the Werkstat Carnauba Jett as it has a pretty good write up on the PB website, Werkstat Carnauba Jett | Werkstat Car Care & Detailing Products ,
but not sure after reading their description (yellows,reds and I havn't got a layer of sealant on my car at the mo).I have looked at the Blackfire spray sealant too, Blackfire Deep Gloss Spray Sealant | Blackfire Car Care & Detailing Products , but I'm staying open minded as I'm not really brand loyal and want the absolute best for my pride and joy. So in your experience what is my best bet guys?

Ollie

Last edited:
i used meguiars ultimate quick detailer. results were superb. i normally use Autoglym Extra Gloss Protection aswell though after (next day)

Dodo Juice Red Mist here.

Might try something else, had Zaino Final Finish? before and that was good. Red Mist smells good enough to drink though so makes you feel thirsty :)

i've always used meguiars detailing spray and think they works great. Been using there 'Ultimate Quik Detailer' recently, its worth the buy just to smell the stuff!

I use Megs Ultimate Detailer Spray - always provided exactly what I want, never felt the need to look elsewhere

Hi all @ PB

I just wanted to say how useful and also, how much I have enjoyed reading all your car care advice on your website.

Whilst I have always kept my cars in failry pristine order I am relatively new to the detailing scene. I hope to achieve at least some of the results mentioned in the section on dark pearlesecent paints. As I am a bit of a rookie I have decided to try the Poorboys Blackhole Glaze & Blue Natty Paste. In addition to this I also have the Wheel Sealant and the Super Swirl remover that I plan to use on the front apron and possibly the bonnet if I like the results. Pending my first few attemts I will ultimately be looking to move on to the Blackfire range or possibly the Raceglaze range of waxes.

At the moment I start prepping the car by spraying a dilute of Autoglym Clean All over the entire car before pressure washing off and washing with Autoglym Bodywork Conditioning Shampoo (with gritguard and mitt).

Apart from the obvious do these sound like reasonable steps to take before polishing with a regular Autoglym trade Superglym polish and can I go straight from the polish stage to the Poorboys glaze and then wax?

I understand that I am missing out the claying stage but maybe I will give this a go later on at some point. Also, is it necessary to have a sealant in between the Blackhole glaze and waxing as I have read this is not necessary?

regards

David​

Hi Davey,

Thanks for your kind words.

Is the process you've described for the Audi?

If so, miss out the polishing stage: the paint's so hard you'll never actually correct it by hand. Instead, after washing, move straight to Black Hole Glaze and then the wax. The glaze will 'fill' (mask) defects and the wax will both lock the glaze in and add to the depth and wetness of the finish.

I can't really comment too much on the Auto Glym products as we don't stock them but in general terms it's fair to say that you'll never correct Audi paint by hand polishing alone.

Additionally, we're not fans of grit guards, prefering the two bucket method, (with regular changes of rinse water) and a good visual inspection of the mitt, rather than using a guard.

Let me know if there's anything else I can advise with.

Hi all @ PB

I just wanted to say how useful and also, how much I have enjoyed reading all your car care advice on your website.

Whilst I have always kept my cars in failry pristine order I am relatively new to the detailing scene. I hope to achieve at least some of the results mentioned in the section on dark pearlesecent paints. As I am a bit of a rookie I have decided to try the Poorboys Blackhole Glaze & Blue Natty Paste. In addition to this I also have the Wheel Sealant and the Super Swirl remover that I plan to use on the front apron and possibly the bonnet if I like the results. Pending my first few attemts I will ultimately be looking to move on to the Blackfire range or possibly the Raceglaze range of waxes.

At the moment I start prepping the car by spraying a dilute of Autoglym Clean All over the entire car before pressure washing off and washing with Autoglym Bodywork Conditioning Shampoo (with gritguard and mitt).

Apart from the obvious do these sound like reasonable steps to take before polishing with a regular Autoglym trade Superglym polish and can I go straight from the polish stage to the Poorboys glaze and then wax?

I understand that I am missing out the claying stage but maybe I will give this a go later on at some point. Also, is it necessary to have a sealant in between the Blackhole glaze and waxing as I have read this is not necessary?

regards

David​

H.I.J.A.C.K.E.D........You two got balaclavas on?

Apologies for the bare faced cheek, still vaguely relevant though in the grand scheme...