Help with mp3 in Concert - Hope it's not a noob question...

JMCV

Reaction score
Hi,
I've got a new A3 with a Concert and Bose sound. I've read the manual back and forth and still can't get the answer.
It came with a USB connection. i've prepared a USB stick as the manual says (6 main folders, some sub-folders, and around 450 mp3 thru all folders/sub-folders). The USB stick is a 4GB Sony (don't remember the model now) that is USB certified as requested.
When i try to play the files, all i got in the display is the link to the 6 main folders, named like CD1 ~ CD6 but not the name of the folders. I can't browse to the sub-folders, nor see the name of the mp3 that are playing.
The user's manuals show that it is possible to do that with CD's burned with mp3, but says nothing about USB stick. Is it really like that?
Thanks in advance.

EDIT: I can play all files but it only display's "TRACK Nº" and it's kind of frustrating to find a file like that...

Last edited:
As far as im aware, you can only have the 6 folders, no subfolders then each folder can hold 99 tracks.
Which basically emulates the factory 6 disc changer.
So that would mean no song title either.

It play's and recognizes the files in the sub-folders, although not displaying the sub-folder.
It's strange that it can do it with a burned CD and not with an USB stick...

The USB interface sits on the CD chager interface and that does not support text, so it is as described, 6 folders, 99 tracks, no track info.

I think the performance of the USB connection is disappointing you would expect it to at least handle and display track info.
There is an existing thread in this sub forum "Audi USB Socket in TT/A3" which may help.
I have tried using the MP3TAG software mentioned and it at least allows you to re number the tracks on your stick so they play in the expected order. It could be that editing the Tag for each track to include the number & title (easier than it sounds) could allow the unit to display titles.

I have not tried this myself yet because my car has not arrived but I have my sticks ready and waiting!! One artist per folder (up to six) and tracks from that artist re-numbered in album order for example tracks 01 to 12 for the first album 13 to 22 for the next and so on up to 99. I have laso included in the "tag" the track title in the hope that it will display the information

Hope this helps