A3 install pictures?

Markb

Reaction score
As subject I've searched hi and low on the net for pictures of other installs, but I can only really find 3 cars. (Searched CarDomain etc..)

I was just wondering if anyone knew where I could find some pictures? Or even better whether anyone had some?

Cheers Mark

Hi Mark,

What are you looking for, pictures of install in progress or pictures of a finished install?

I was after finished install pictures, but both would be useful /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Cheers for that Andy, but I am after full on install pics and I am not having much joy finding them /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

will post a pic of mine tonight, colour of lighting looks good just sticks out too much.

MARK,

Dunno if you have seen mine, its under 'install pics'. got 2 subs/3 amps, it's nothing special in terms of the install itself, but I think its quite neat and tidy though, apart from the CD changer which is just sitting there, haven't mounted it yet. Might help you, though not.

You mean like proffesional installs with fiberglass etc and, dare I say it, the sort of top professional installs you would see in Max Power mag in the I.C.E section? Don't think you'll have much chance mate, I looked for ages, haven't seen a single A3/S3 with a professional 'I.C.E show car' like install so far.

Although from the responses that I got from most people on my 'RS6 RIMS....' thread, one comment I heard more times then any other on this site is how 'we buy A3's becuase they are understated, don't want people looking, very subtle, BMW's are too flash etc etc.....'. It seems most Audi owners don't like anything that draws any attention to themselves, hence their reasoning for buying an Audi. So it's hardly suprising there's nothing around, as something like a top install would certantly be considered 'flash', and would draw attention, especially when you are pumping your competition spec system (which you would be doing otherwise you wouldn't have bothered with a competition spec install if you wanted to listen to music quietly).

P.S I certantly don't wanna get into another argument again with anybody on this point, I am simply saying it becuase it is true, and if the majority of Audi owners think like that (and most on here do, they said so many times on my RS6 RIMS thread), it probably explains why so far hardly anyone has done a proper, mad install, like what you reguarly see on Golfs, BMW's, Peugeot's etc, generally most cars.

P.S.S I am only talking about the people who made posts on my RS6 RIMS thread, i'm not aiming the above at anyone else, it's just that from that thread I got the impression that *most* Audi owners are like that.

This one is a cracker.
I've plonked a piccy of my doors after I put the Focal slims in there, this was the only place I could think to put the x-over so to minimise on cable.

[ QUOTE ]
pimpmyaudi said:
You mean like proffesional installs with fiberglass etc and, dare I say it, the sort of top professional installs you would see in Max Power mag in the I.C.E section? Don't think you'll have much chance mate, I looked for ages, haven't seen a single A3/S3 with a professional 'I.C.E show car' like install so far.

Although from the responses that I got from most people on my 'RS6 RIMS....' thread, one comment I heard more times then any other on this site is how 'we buy A3's becuase they are understated, don't want people looking, very subtle, BMW's are too flash etc etc.....'. It seems most Audi owners don't like anything that draws any attention to themselves, hence their reasoning for buying an Audi. So it's hardly suprising there's nothing around, as something like a top install would certantly be considered 'flash', and would draw attention, especially when you are pumping your competition spec system (which you would be doing otherwise you wouldn't have bothered with a competition spec install if you wanted to listen to music quietly).

P.S I certantly don't wanna get into another argument again with anybody on this point, I am simply saying it becuase it is true, and if the majority of Audi owners think like that (and most on here do, they said so many times on my RS6 RIMS thread), it probably explains why so far hardly anyone has done a proper, mad install, like what you reguarly see on Golfs, BMW's, Peugeot's etc, generally most cars.

P.S.S I am only talking about the people who made posts on my RS6 RIMS thread, i'm not aiming the above at anyone else, it's just that from that thread I got the impression that *most* Audi owners are like that.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know I've noticed that as well.

Yes I am on about the kind of install you see in such magazines as 'Flower Max' etc..

I want to keep the outside understated, but I love my audio and I am going to start competitions again. So I need the install /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

It's a bit of a swine to download, but it worked for me on my Spectrum!?! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif

trying to hot link a pic for ya (even though thats a bit naughty lol)

104-0458_img.jpg

can you see that ok fella? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

erk! that guy has TWO caps too /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Dean_T said:
can you see that ok fella? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

erk! that guy has TWO caps too /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Can't see it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif